Religion headed toward extinction

Happy Face

Well, it doesn't have to massively infringe on your life to close your eyes to it ?????????????? That just smacks of the "I'm alright Jack" attitude. I really find it hard to see why, after all these sort of debates, and every time the attention is drawn to just one instance of terrorism, violence or pandering to muslims for anything at all because we are afraid of offending the poor dears and so put their feelings and interests first, is one too many.

Did anyone really notice or care about the Muslim population of the UK until the gulf war/July the Seventh? I can only remember a few people saying things like why can't the West Indian immigrants be more like the Asians as the former were seen as more of a problem. I guess that';s now reversed which is obviously a shame but I think you let the terrorism issue cloud your opinion. You're old enough to remember how much distrust and dislike there was for the Irish in the IRA days in the 70s especially but you must realise that's pretty much gone now.

Of course being anti-religion I don't like some of the pandering as you call it but feel the same way about christian pandering - in fact its now hard to see who followed who on that one as you can't really blame people for saying "well they get special treatment so why shouldn't we". The solution is to stop special treatment for everyone.

I also think you're completely wrong about people being afraid to speak up - the Mail (I know, sorry) might tell you you can't say anything but the truth is it's perfectly possible to speak out. There's too many people who only say they can't because they're trying to make people think they can't when they can.

its been growing for a long time before july 7th and the Gulf War !!! and still growing, faster and faster.

People are afraid to speak up, and the "law" isn't helping....where is that thread on that Dutch bloke and the yank who were refused entry into the UK to voice their opinions on Islam ? I know you said you personally thought they should be allowed their freedom of speech [correct of course] but the point is the authorities denied it to them for fear of offending Islam. Doesn't that tell you something ?

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you said anything in this thread, Mohammed ?

Yeah, I said you'd fabricate other people's opinions, which you have. So I'm shooting 1 for 1. 100% baby, read it and weep!

Oh and for what it's worth I agree with NJS and he's far better versed on the subject, so anything I wrote would be found weak alongside his posts.

When my eldest was moving to her primary school they did an information evening running through necessary matters and it was mentioned by the head that the only lesson the school has to provide by law is RE.

Queue the massive fucking debate over which religions people want their kids to learn about and which they didn't. I kept quiet and a straight face until one piped up and asked if they'd stick 'Humanism' on the curriculum. :jesuswept:

and yes you are right, multiculturism not working in the UK is specifically pointed at the non-integration of Islam. So who are the racists ?

You love phrases like that but what do you mean by "not working" exactly?

so you think we are living in a multicultural paradise ?

Have you ever been to Bradford or Leicester for example ? Didn't you say there are no "blacks" in the north east ?

Leazes logic. If you diagree that multiculturalism isn't working, you must therefore think we are living in a multicultural paradise.

Do you talk like this in real life in a pub ?

I write like this in real life on a message board. What's difficult to understand about what I'm saying?

If you want a pub analogy to understand what I mean, since for some reason you keep bringing this up, imagine you and your mate meet in the Strawberry after Newcastle have lost against Blackpool.

Leazes - 'That was awful, the lads played shit today.'

Leazes mate - 'Oh I don't know, I didn't think we were that bad.'

Leazes - 'Eh? You think we played like Holland circa 1974 then do you, eh?'

Somehow I doubt you'd come up with such a ridiculous over the top straw man argument in that situation, so why do you constantly have to do when discussing race and religion on this board? It doesn't do you any favours.

Islam is a mental religion though. When people talk about multiculturalism not working in the UK they really mean the integration of Islam, just noone has the balls to actually say that and point at one thing. Everyone else is pretty sweet really.

Islam calls for the murder of those who renounce it. Islam/Allah offers extra virgins to those who convert anyone. The word of Allah, a fair old bit of it is questionable to say the very least, can be questioned and debated - as long as in the end you accept the word of Allah. While there are indeed many peaceful and gentle muslims they are absolutely stuck in their religion - it might be socially and familially challenging to walk away from catholicism and others but walking away from Islam is punishable by death. That is some motivation.

This isn't racism, by the way. This is the acknowledgement that one of the religions most prevalent on earth is aggressive and restrictive and in many ways still in the dark ages.

I agree with that but I'd have to add that some of the far right wing Christian stuff we see from America bothers me at least as much as the more extreme Islamists. Perhaps because I would like to think I have more in common with these people but in reality I really don't. Witness some of the comments American Christians have made against the 'Godless' Japanese after the tsunami for instance. These idiots haven't got the excuse of coming from an utter war torn shit hole like Afghanistan after all.

The right wing Christians in the USA are a lunatic fringe as are the fundamentalist Islamics. BUT Islam in itself is repressive and is intent upon converting the world (even the "nice" muslim majority want this).

We're fucked, long term, basically.

Islam calls for the murder of those who renounce it.

Aye, but if you listen to the teachings of the Catholic church then you'll burn in hell for all eternity which isn't particularly nice either.

Remember the Crusades and all the murders carried out in the name of Christianity in the last millennium. Eventually Islam and other religions will become more moderate, it may take time but it will happen.

As a 'Catholic', I've come to the conclusion that the vast majority of religions are full of bollocks, you can cherry pick the bits that suit but any organisation that compels you to believe, without question, everything they tell you should be largely ignored.

When my eldest was moving to her primary school they did an information evening running through necessary matters and it was mentioned by the head that the only lesson the school has to provide by law is RE.

Queue the massive fucking debate over which religions people want their kids to learn about and which they didn't. I kept quiet and a straight face until one piped up and asked if they'd stick 'Humanism' on the curriculum. :jesuswept:

Why the Jesus wept there Craig? It's about the only one I'd want on the curriculum, as its the only one that basically says religion is a load of bollocks?

Tbf I think it is important to teach RE without stating any of it as fact. Though to to place it as the only subject that they have to teach by law is going a bit far. Is it a secular school?

Well, it doesn't have to massively infringe on your life to close your eyes to it ?????????????? That just smacks of the "I'm alright Jack" attitude. I really find it hard to see why, after all these sort of debates, and every time the attention is drawn to just one instance of terrorism, violence or pandering to muslims for anything at all because we are afraid of offending the poor dears and so put their feelings and interests first, is one too many.

Did anyone really notice or care about the Muslim population of the UK until the gulf war/July the Seventh? I can only remember a few people saying things like why can't the West Indian immigrants be more like the Asians as the former were seen as more of a problem. I guess that';s now reversed which is obviously a shame but I think you let the terrorism issue cloud your opinion. You're old enough to remember how much distrust and dislike there was for the Irish in the IRA days in the 70s especially but you must realise that's pretty much gone now.

Of course being anti-religion I don't like some of the pandering as you call it but feel the same way about christian pandering - in fact its now hard to see who followed who on that one as you can't really blame people for saying "well they get special treatment so why shouldn't we". The solution is to stop special treatment for everyone.

I also think you're completely wrong about people being afraid to speak up - the Mail (I know, sorry) might tell you you can't say anything but the truth is it's perfectly possible to speak out. There's too many people who only say they can't because they're trying to make people think they can't when they can.

its been growing for a long time before july 7th and the Gulf War !!! and still growing, faster and faster.

People are afraid to speak up, and the "law" isn't helping....where is that thread on that Dutch bloke and the yank who were refused entry into the UK to voice their opinions on Islam ? I know you said you personally thought they should be allowed their freedom of speech [correct of course] but the point is the authorities denied it to them for fear of offending Islam. Doesn't that tell you something ?

Tells me you're a frightened old man, peering at the world over the top of your tabloid, believing every piece of crap they throw at you.

Give me one example where you've personally been affected by a real life Muslim.

Tells me you're a frightened old man, peering at the world over the top of your tabloid, believing every piece of crap they throw at you.

Give me one example where you've personally been affected by a real life Muslim.

If he does this I will buy you a Spiderman toy!

fuck it, I'll be an alibi for your next court case

Islam is a mental religion though. When people talk about multiculturalism not working in the UK they really mean the integration of Islam, just noone has the balls to actually say that and point at one thing. Everyone else is pretty sweet really.

Islam calls for the murder of those who renounce it. Islam/Allah offers extra virgins to those who convert anyone. The word of Allah, a fair old bit of it is questionable to say the very least, can be questioned and debated - as long as in the end you accept the word of Allah. While there are indeed many peaceful and gentle muslims they are absolutely stuck in their religion - it might be socially and familially challenging to walk away from catholicism and others but walking away from Islam is punishable by death. That is some motivation.

This isn't racism, by the way. This is the acknowledgement that one of the religions most prevalent on earth is aggressive and restrictive and in many ways still in the dark ages.

I agree with that but I'd have to add that some of the far right wing Christian stuff we see from America bothers me at least as much as the more extreme Islamists. Perhaps because I would like to think I have more in common with these people but in reality I really don't. Witness some of the comments American Christians have made against the 'Godless' Japanese after the tsunami for instance. These idiots haven't got the excuse of coming from an utter war torn shit hole like Afghanistan after all.

The right wing Christians in the USA are a lunatic fringe as are the fundamentalist Islamics. BUT Islam in itself is repressive and is intent upon converting the world (even the "nice" muslim majority want this).

We're fucked, long term, basically.

You'll know better than me but I thought it was much more than a lunatic fringe the last time I was in the States (mind this was the Bible Belt area).

Frightened ? Don't be daft, frightened of what ? Concerned for the next generation etc ? Aren't you concerned for your kids ? Actually, using the term "old man" in the way you do, when you don't know me, strikes me as being very immature to be honest.

I don't read tabloids. I don't read the Guardian nor do I read the Daily Mail. I've said this before. My political views are based on knowledge picked up in other ways.

I've never been in a plane blown up by a bomb but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be concerned it may or may not happen to you does it ? Go through life blind if you like, that's your prerogative and your way of looking at life.

The EDL is still allowed to march. The BNP is allowed to stand.

I said I would have let them in but they were actually banned for fear of incitement of violence not for causing offence as you think.

I remember another Yank nutter - Farrakhin? being banned for his anti-jewish shite which shows it isn't that special a treatment.

My political views are based on knowledge picked up in other ways.

Pointless question as I know you'll ignore it, but what direct experience do you have with Muslims?

Don't be daft man, Leazes has oodles of "Life Experience", he's just shyer than a virgin at an orgy when it comes to sharing it.

Pointless question as I know you'll ignore it, but what direct experience do you have with Muslims?

Don't be daft man, Leazes has oodles of "Life Experience", he's just shyer than a virgin at an orgy when it comes to sharing it.

I'd almost think that he's ex-army, only he doesn't appear to be clever enough for it.

I'd almost think that he's ex-army, only he doesn't appear to be clever enough for it.

Ouch!

I've suspected wor Leazes is ex-services for a while.

T.A. ?

Ouch!

I've suspected wor Leazes is ex-services for a while.

T.A. ?

No chance

Cleaning-Service-logos.jpg