Pardew on Radio Newcastle tomorrow

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think being a selling club to some extent is what we have to accept whilst FMA owns us but thats not to say we cant progress.

And on the flipside if it means we run at a profit and puts us in a strong financial position when the new regulations come in then its not all bad.

you particular brand of mindless optimism is beyond tedious. It was a shit interview given by a manager so grateful to have a job that he will toe the party to the extent that he loses and credibilty he had left. Ashley doesn't give a shit about the club and we will never progress with him in charge. Stop trying to polish the turd of a situation the club is in.

ironic that you are saying exactly the same sort of thing I say, but when I do it you condemn it. :lol:

i actually agree with you that the new board are gash and far worse than the previous board.

but your endless mission to use the flaws of the current regime to big up the previous regime (which was also far from perfect), is tedious. and the fact that you steer every thread towards the same old argument is dry man. it was an interesting debate the first time but time to move on for you and the sake of the board.

edit - it's the same in general chat with the islam debate. i agree with you about islamist extremists - i find them sickening too. but it's the same argument every time and just gets tired quickly.

fine. In fact, good. But like everybody else, I post in threads which interest me. I'm just not interested in discussions such as "who will score the most goals Ameobi or Best". Drivel from start to finish.

Seriously, I make plenty of posts about other topics, its just that these particular topics are the most controversial, that's all.

I'm listening to the interview, and while I quite like Pardew and don't condemn him for trotting out good PR etc which is just his job, but certain things are jumping out here and making me cringe. I realise the likes of Skidders will be loving it though, in his optimistic innocence.....

If Ashley didn't give a shit why would he even bother turning up to our games? Just because he is being realistic in that the top 4 is pretty unattainable (Man City have spent fucking loads and their position in it is far from secure). When the top 4 is so far beyond us you need to get as close to them as possible the best way that you can. We can't just run up unsustainable debts trying to get there in case we don't. I don't like that as much as anybody else, but at least I can accept it. Some people need to have a word.

I agree with this whilst disagreeing with it a bit as well.

Had we had a tad better luck with injuries, a half decent transfer window and the avoidance of a few notable last minute equalisers, then by now we would be comfortably in the top 6. I also add into this equation our performances against some of the top 5 clubs.

I appreciate its still a big leap from 6th to 4th, but with a bit more enthusiasm from the owner it need not be as far away as it currently seems.

If Ashley didn't give a shit why would he even bother turning up to our games? Just because he is being realistic in that the top 4 is pretty unattainable (Man City have spent fucking loads and their position in it is far from secure). When the top 4 is so far beyond us you need to get as close to them as possible the best way that you can. We can't just run up unsustainable debts trying to get there in case we don't. I don't like that as much as anybody else, but at least I can accept it. Some people need to have a word.

Had we had a tad better luck with injuries, a half decent transfer window and the avoidance of a few notable last minute equalisers, then by now we would be comfortably in the top 6. I also add into this equation our performances against some of the top 5 clubs.

I appreciate its still a big leap from 6th to 4th, but with a bit more enthusiasm from the owner it need not be as far away as it currently seems.

rubbish.

We did concede last minute equalisers etc, the only way to avoid this is by having better quality players.

And - ALL teams have injuries, NO TEAM plays their first 11 more than about 5 or 6 times a season, this is no excuse. Its a squad game, you have to have 16-18 players. The days of going through a season using about 13 or 14 players is long gone.

I think you go a bit too far on this but at the same time have a point - I think the most frustrating this is that most people can see that a modicum of investment would make a difference so why can't he?

In the context of his overall wealth, I don't understand why he is supposedly happy to only spend ticking over money for a small return when a few quid would either return more in a pure business sense or increase the chance of him selling at at any kind of a profit.

I think the worst think about his regime is we still have no fucking idea what the bloke wants - and more to point I don't think he does either.

Course it is man, we're miles of. Miles and miles. Getting into Europe was a pipe dream never mind owt else. Ok we we've had injuries but we will likely get them every season as do other teams. Same as the unlucky results, all teams get those as well. Its also been an odd season, much closer than usual giving teams the chance to be in unlikely positions. Our current squad couldnt expect much more than we have given the level of investment. Equally we would need steady investment over years to make steady progress up the table. wont happen over night, Id even say within 3 years.

If we decide to retain and not sell on our best young valuable players and invest further in the squad, then maybe. But can you see that? If a £12M bid for Enrique came along is that not enough for the club to sell and then try and find another one again?

While I think we'll stay up, it might be two steps forward one back for a number of years.

He doesn't rate Routledge as being good enough. At least that showed good judgement.

Tbf he said he rated him but thought he had cover or a replacement and that he'd have liked him at the club now.

I think you go a bit too far on this but at the same time have a point - I think the most frustrating this is that most people can see that a modicum of investment would make a difference so why can't he?

In the context of his overall wealth, I don't understand why he is supposedly happy to only spend ticking over money for a small return when a few quid would either return more in a pure business sense or increase the chance of him selling at at any kind of a profit.

I think the worst think about his regime is we still have no fucking idea what the bloke wants - and more to point I don't think he does either.

Problem is that is doesnt. If your not in the top 4 so there is very little financial / business sense in being 6th or 12th.

Everyone agrees that from a financial sense and a premiership survival sense, the Europa cup is a waste of space.

What is probably needed is some real incentive for owners to finish higher. Im not sure how you achieve that though. My only stab (which wont happen) would be to make the champions league be just that, for champions and therefore increasing the standing of the Europa.

Maybe even leaving a european spot available for some sort of play off reward for teams finishing 6th - 9th?????

The current set up is fucked though, that I do know.

Think I've been beaten.

Just opened this thread for the first time having read no other coverage of his comments and gave up almost immediately. I have no interest whatsoever in anything he has to say....or anyone else at the club.

Looking forward to the piss up on Saturday though.

Problem is that is doesnt. If your not in the top 4 so there is very little financial / business sense in being 6th or 12th.

Everyone agrees that from a financial sense and a premiership survival sense, the Europa cup is a waste of space.

What is probably needed is some real incentive for owners to finish higher. Im not sure how you achieve that though. My only stab (which wont happen) would be to make the champions league be just that, for champions and therefore increasing the standing of the Europa.

Maybe even leaving a european spot available for some sort of play off reward for teams finishing 6th - 9th?????

The current set up is fucked though, that I do know.

I think Fulham did quite well out of Europa though - I can't see how 5 or 6 more home games even at 25k or less would be something to turn your nose up at. Plus more exposure and a sense of being "back on track" must help sponsorship.

I think for Liverpool/Spurs/Man City at the moment its an extremely unpalatable proposition but I think for us it would be "okay" from a feel good factor at the very least.

Edited by NJS

Don't disagree with your sentiments or the feel good factor I was merely pointing out it's appeal to hard nose business owners.

Of course - but I'm sure the twat has lickspittels who like to point out how England doing well in a tournament makes a big difference to SD sales so feel good can = desirable.

Seriously?

You're arguing that it makes no financial sense to push for a place between 6th and 12th?

In 2009/10 the prize money for 6th was 12million, 12th was nearly 5 million less. Never mind the additional sales of shirts, sponsorship, corporate boxes etc etc etc.

Its a mad world when accountants and businessmen get to decide that its not financially sensible to strive to win.

Seriously?

You're arguing that it makes no financial sense to push for a place between 6th and 12th?

In 2009/10 the prize money for 6th was 12million, 12th was nearly 5 million less. Never mind the additional sales of shirts, sponsorship, corporate boxes etc etc etc.

Its a mad world when accountants and businessmen get to decide that its not financially sensible to strive to win.

this attitude seems to be one held by many NUFC supporters these days. Strange.

Seriously?

Seriously.

Lets do the Andy Carroll 35 mill fees and wages calc with this extra 5 million and see what it gets us????

It doesnt even by us a 1million player on a 3 year contract getting 30 grand a week.

Their is simply very little incentive as things currently stand to aim for much more than mid table mediocrity. (Thats not to say I agree with it or am happy about it, its just the way things are).

Seriously?

Sadly, we know longer live in an era where spending large amounts of money almost guarantees the big financial rewards of Champions League football. You can only spend money you haven't got if there's a good chance of making it back. That was the reasoning behind backing Souness so heavily. The gamble failed that time, and the introduction of "sugar daddies" at other clubs has reduced the incentive for other club's to needlessly gamble, because you're basically getting shit odds. When Freddy and Co spent big money, the chances of it paying off were good, now they're not. Simple as. There is of course a difference between striving to win and spending unwisely to do so. It's the irrational folk that can't see past their emotion that can't differentiate.

Seriously?

Sadly, we know longer live in an era where spending large amounts of money almost guarantees the big financial rewards of Champions League football. You can only spend money you haven't got if there's a good chance of making it back. That was the reasoning behind backing Souness so heavily. The gamble failed that time, and the introduction of "sugar daddies" at other clubs has reduced the incentive for other club's to needlessly gamble, because you're basically getting shit odds. When Freddy and Co spent big money, the chances of it paying off were good, now they're not. Simple as. There is of course a difference between striving to win and spending unwisely to do so. It's the irrational folk that can't see past their emotion that can't differentiate.

If you don't take a shot, you don't score a goal. NUFC aren't a small club like Stoke, Bolton, Wigan etc. Spending money never did guarantee success [credit for once attempting a reasonable post by the way], but the one sure fire certainty is if you don't show the ambition then you won't compete at the level you should be at. This is what escapes you. I honestly think that you think NUFC are a small club, either that or you have an idealistic view that you can qualify for the Champions League by finding a whole team of players for next to nothing like Tiotte. It just doesn't happen, it's impossible to find enough players in that way to do it, all inside the limited time span of your best players being within the length of their contracts.

If it were then the likes of ManU etc would have been doing it for decades. You have to buy players that your rivals want and it ALWAYS involves paying the money for SOME of them. This in turn gives the club upward momentum, stimulates more belief and ambition, increases revenues and publicity, and makes the club a more attractive proposition to the other top footballers.

I have a feeling that you will take this thread downwards into the usual rubbish and insist you are right despite it never once happening in the history of the English game.

Seriously?

If you don't take a shot, you don't score a goal. NUFC aren't a small club like Stoke, Bolton, Wigan etc. Spending money never did guarantee success [credit for once attempting a reasonable post by the way], but the one sure fire certainty is if you don't show the ambition then you won't compete at the level you should be at. This is what escapes you. I honestly think that you think NUFC are a small club, either that or you have an idealistic view that you can qualify for the Champions League by finding a whole team of players for next to nothing like Tiotte. It just doesn't happen, it's impossible to find enough players in that way to do it, all inside the limited time span of your best players being within the length of their contracts.

If it were then the likes of ManU etc would have been doing it for decades. You have to buy players that your rivals want and it ALWAYS involves paying the money for SOME of them. This in turn gives the club upward momentum, stimulates more belief and ambition, increases revenues and publicity, and makes the club a more attractive proposition to the other top footballers.

I have a feeling that you will take this thread downwards into the usual rubbish and insist you are right despite it never once happening in the history of the English game.

FUCK OFF.

I was responding to Peasepud. I already KNOW that you can't grasp what I've posted so i'd rather you didn't reply to it. At all. Ever.

Ok?

Seriously?

FUCK OFF.

I was responding to Peasepud. I already KNOW that you can't grasp what I've posted so i'd rather you didn't reply to it. At all. Ever.

Ok?

Coming from someone who is obsessed with me...... :lol:

PP's comments will be interesting.