Pardew on Radio Newcastle tomorrow

Monroe Transfer

What do you lot expect from him ffs?

I think that was a pretty honest and upfrtont interview.

I actually think he will come good, he needs the backin in the summer and maybe just maybe FMA mite just do whats right for the club.

Keep the faith.

He said absolutely nowt man

But what dya want him to say?

Enrique, Tiote and Barton wont go anywhere? We've heard that before and he knows we wont beleive it. He explained the situation with Enrique and thats fair enough from both sides.

We will challenge top 6 next year? He said thats the aim at some point, even if the monetry value of the Europa league isnt great he says its what we should aspire too.

We will challenge for a cup? He actually said thats one of his aims.

We will spend spend spend? Thats just playin into other clubs hands to drive up prices.

I think its a pretty decent interview.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admits that whatever comes out of his overpopulated mouth re spending in summer won't be believed and only summer will tell. . Mmmmm

Said early on"Players we (del ash pards) targeting must be young and have a resale value" "Players we (del ash pards) targeting must be young and have a resale value"

Fucking hell, were gonna be a glorified fucking Wigan

if that's a direct quote, you might aswell get used to not seeing Barton, Enrique, Tiote here in the summer, As basically were just gonna be a selling club!

A sad state of affairs if i've ever seen one

I think being a selling club to some extent is what we have to accept whilst FMA owns us but thats not to say we cant progress.

And on the flipside if it means we run at a profit and puts us in a strong financial position when the new regulations come in then its not all bad.

I live in Newcastle all me life and I've never seen an adult toon fan in shirt, shorts and socks at a garage, what a liar.

They'll have been playing five-a-side. I've been caught out a few times myself - beetroot face etc...

I think being a selling club to some extent is what we have to accept whilst FMA owns us but thats not to say we cant progress.

And on the flipside if it means we run at a profit and puts us in a strong financial position when the new regulations come in then its not all bad.

you particular brand of mindless optimism is beyond tedious. It was a shit interview given by a manager so grateful to have a job that he will toe the party to the extent that he loses and credibilty he had left. Ashley doesn't give a shit about the club and we will never progress with him in charge. Stop trying to polish the turd of a situation the club is in.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Im sure the obvious questions were asking but were filtered out. I didnt listen to the intrerview as could pretty much write the script before it went live.

I get a mental image of Aldridge Pryor whenever he opens his gob now. Much of what he says is either wishful thinking or deliberate misinformation. Like his comments on Andy Carroll.

you particular brand of mindless optimism is beyond tedious. It was a shit interview given by a manager so grateful to have a job that he will toe the party to the extent that he loses and credibilty he had left. Ashley doesn't give a shit about the club and we will never progress with him in charge. Stop trying to polish the turd of a situation the club is in.

Is rather be a tedious optimist tryin to stay positive and hoping for the best rather than a tedious and rather aptly named doom monging troll like yourself.

What with all the negativity and clinging on the to shit, your life must be so exciting.

Il stick with my.opinion thanks.

It's.people like you and tecato who contribute towards the shit nervous atmosphere at the games.

Positivity breeds Positivity ma'man.

Id rather be a tedious optimist tryin to stay positive and hoping for the best rather than a tedious and rather aptly named doom monging troll like yourself.

What with all the negativity and clinging on the to shit, your life must be so exciting.

It's.people like you and tecato who contribute towards the shit nervous atmosphere at the games.

I live in Newcastle all me life and I've never seen an adult toon fan in shirt, shorts and socks at a garage, what a liar.

They'll have been playing five-a-side. I've been caught out a few times myself - beetroot face etc...

What at 7 o'clock in the morning?

Not really sure what all the fuss is about here.

He said basically all of what was expected and I can't really think of anything else he could have said (given what we already know), that he didn't.

Basically understood why the fans think Ashley and llambias were a couple of cunts. Also said he didn't think he had won over the fans but thought survival and good incomings in the summer might start to address that.

Was pretty open about scouting trips.

Basically the bloke always says tons more than Hughton ever did and perhaps all those in a tizz can say what they thought he might have said differently.

Pretty normal stuff IMO

well I would have preferred it if he'd actually stuick to the same lie throughout.

One minute we would see "Mikes level of commitment in the transfer market in the Summer" and literally two minutes later he spoke about how it was unlikely he'd get his two targets in the Summer.

That was then followed up later with a statement that he used to show we were spending the 35mil and talked about "out of contract" players.

Is rather be a tedious optimist tryin to stay positive and hoping for the best rather than a tedious and rather aptly named doom monging troll like yourself.

Quite the opposite. While I'm at the match, I back the lads through out. But what wont do is try to put a positive spin on a situation like ours. I'm a happy person in life but Im realistic enough not to see anything positive about our plight under ashley. We will not move forward with him in charge. When you accept that, your posts will be taken more seriously. The fact that you saw that radio interview with pardew as positive beggars belief.

If they don't spend the money in summer he effectively said we could accept they were mendacious cunts.

Good enough for me, though my acceptance is genetically ancient already.

Mike Ashley's lapdog speaks so it must be true, it's not like the current owner and his chums have ever lied about anything else so I don't see what all this negativity is about...

... :lol:

I don't like it how he's saying that the Carroll money will go straight back into the club, which basically means only a percentage is going to go on the transfer budget, what that percentage is anyones guess and then they'll try and spin some yarn when the transfer window is shut that the rest of the money is going on training and facilities and such, one this is guaranteed and that is it's gonna be a long summer for any toon fan :lol:

If Ashley didn't give a shit why would he even bother turning up to our games? Just because he is being realistic in that the top 4 is pretty unattainable (Man City have spent fucking loads and their position in it is far from secure). When the top 4 is so far beyond us you need to get as close to them as possible the best way that you can. We can't just run up unsustainable debts trying to get there in case we don't. I don't like that as much as anybody else, but at least I can accept it. Some people need to have a word.

I don't like it how he's saying that the Carroll money will go straight back into the club, which basically means only a percentage is going to go on the transfer budget, what that percentage is anyones guess and then they'll try and spin some yarn when the transfer window is shut that the rest of the money is going on training and facilities and such, one this is guaranteed and that is it's gonna be a long summer for any toon fan :icon_lol:

If he comes out and says "aye that £35m will all be invested in transfer fees", how much do you think we'll be quoted when enquiring for a player? :lol:

ironic that you are saying exactly the same sort of thing I say, but when I do it you condemn it. :lol:

I don't like it how he's saying that the Carroll money will go straight back into the club, which basically means only a percentage is going to go on the transfer budget, what that percentage is anyones guess and then they'll try and spin some yarn when the transfer window is shut that the rest of the money is going on training and facilities and such, one this is guaranteed and that is it's gonna be a long summer for any toon fan :icon_lol:

If he comes out and says "aye that £35m will all be invested in transfer fees", how much do you think we'll be quoted when enquiring for a player? :lol:

Do you think all clubs will have not realised that we received £35 million from the Carroll transfer, were gona get extortionate fee's anyway now clubs know we have £35 million, but we all know when we spend we're not gonna have that amount in our transfer budget

"I feel we go a bit gung-ho. The crowd pushes you on when you can instead seal the game. I have not had that at other clubs."

keep the noise down eh lads

"I am not a sound bite for Mike and Derek"

went on to say how great Sp***s D%$#@t "factories" were ffs. (This was a fans q'n'a remember) Weather he meant the far eastern sweatshops shamed in the tv docu or his distribution centre in uk that was similarly shamed I'm not sure. Was also afforded too long to perpetuate the bollocks about being caught cold after Carroll sale.

"My brief is to sign younger players that carry value, and have the club on stable footing."

nurture for resale.

"Mike Ashley has committed that the money will go back into the club and I am sure 100 per cent it will."

A now familiar phrase. Devils in the detail. 'Back into the club' means what exactly arguement.

"When the season ends and we are a Premier League side for next year we won’t bring two players in straight away."

2 players expected. Also went on to refer to 2/3 from Championship that could 'do a job'

ironic that you are saying exactly the same sort of thing I say, but when I do it you condemn it. :lol:

i actually agree with you that the new board are gash and far worse than the previous board.

but your endless mission to use the flaws of the current regime to big up the previous regime (which was also far from perfect), is tedious. and the fact that you steer every thread towards the same old argument is dry man. it was an interesting debate the first time but time to move on for you and the sake of the board.

edit - it's the same in general chat with the islam debate. i agree with you about islamist extremists - i find them sickening too. but it's the same argument every time and just gets tired quickly.

Edited by Dr Gloom

"I feel we go a bit gung-ho. The crowd pushes you on when you can instead seal the game. I have not had that at other clubs."

keep the noise down eh lads

aye, i couldn't believe that one. we wouldn't have come back against arsenal if it wasn't for the crowd's belief and backing.

bit rich of him to blame us supporting the team though on him not being able to get them to shut up shop and defend a lead.