You know you're getting old when.....

McFaul

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is good for sit-down pub in the Toon these days? Or is it just worth going to somewhere like Osbourne Road.

I'm coming up this weekend with my best mate (who is a Wolves fan) and wouldnt mind just a few pints and a sit down ( :lol: ) in the evening.

.....You start making noises when getting up out of a chair ;)

.....You listen to radio 2 instead of radio 1.

.... Your joints start creaking and clicking :lol:

.....You enjoy watching Countryfile :mellow:

.....You'd rather go for a walk and a quiet drink than into town clubbing it.

You can't shoot your bolt as far as you used to be able to unless you're especially vexed.

;):mellow::unsure::huh::rolleyes::icon_lol: :icon_lol:

On the bus back from the Barnsley away game last year, an owld fogie came out with the saying to his mate "When i used to shoot me i could hit that sign ower there from here, noo it just comes oot in clusterbombs"

Friggin Clusterbombs! I divn't wanna get old, if thats what happens :lol:

You need to start planning for your 18th birthday.

You realise you have 3 weeks left of school ever.

You need to think about uni.

You need to send away for a provisional driving licence.

:)

Feeling it more so than usual today, for obvious reasons.

K-Dogg's post set me thinking:

I've had a driving licence longer than he's been alive

I've got a hi-fi that's older than he is

I've got a house plant that's older than he is :razz:

Where is good for sit-down pub in the Toon these days? Or is it just worth going to somewhere like Osbourne Road.

I'm coming up this weekend with my best mate (who is a Wolves fan) and wouldnt mind just a few pints and a sit down ( :razz: ) in the evening.

Go to the Bridge. Proper old bloke's pub.

When some cocky little shit who looks about 12 calls you "love" :)

:razz: My mate did that when we were at school. His sister's fella was a white van man and he used to hang around with him and hero worship him, so he used to copy the stuff he did. We went to this greasy spoon cafe for bacon sarnies in our school uniforms. The wife behind the counter had forearms like popeye, covered in tattoos and she was not for messing with. The look she gave him when he asked for a "bacon sandwich, love" in his school clobber was beautiful.

When some cocky little shit who looks about 12 calls you "love" :(

:razz: My mate did that when we were at school. His sister's fella was a white van man and he used to hang around with him and hero worship him, so he used to copy the stuff he did. We went to this greasy spoon cafe for bacon sarnies in our school uniforms. The wife behind the counter had forearms like popeye, covered in tattoos and she was not for messing with. The look she gave him when he asked for a "bacon sandwich, love" in his school clobber was beautiful.

:) I've done it for years and years from childhood replacing love with pet. "Mince pie please pet" 11 year old to some old Hilda.

I would have sabotaged the bacon sandwich! :)

I wouldn't think too much into it, babe.

Pipe down, sonny.

Pipe down, sonny.

you know your getting old when you say sonny :(

When an old song you like comes on the radio and you sing along and say the immortal lines to your bairns, "see? thats proper music, that."

Thats when you know you are turning into your Dad. :razz:

Has anyone ever called a lass "mate" or "pal" before? I done it but she was a bus driver so that's alright.

In London they do it reguarly. Only time I've done it is when I thought a lass was a bloke, and had to look three times to realise my mistake. Done it a lot on buses. Cheers mate....a mean p p pet.

Worse is when a lass calls a bloke mate. I immediately assume she's a vagetarian.

Aye even worse than that is when a lass calls you "pal". Nearly always aggressive common types.