Stone Roses set to reunite

Ayatollah Hermione

Stevie has just committed musical suicide in this thread mind.

Had a PROPER row with a mate about this before the match on Sunday, his crack man :lol: "Steve I'm as happy about this as I was about Keegan coming the first time", I says fuckin shut upi up man :lol: they're not even the top 5 of Manc bands never mind owt else, which was like red rag to a bull. As many have said in this thread I just feel they are ridiculously overrated, and don't appeal to me at all. The same people who like these like people like "The Smiths", which does say it all. It's that 25 to 40 year old age group who like things because of mob mentality, there's no other reason to like The Smiths.

Edited by McFaul

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much as I like them I'm never that sure about bands reuniting after such a long time. Just seems like they're cashing in. I would still like to go and see them having said that.

Had a PROPER row with a mate about this before the match on Sunday, his crack man "Steve I'm as happy about this as I was about Keegan coming the first time", I says fuckin shut upi up man they're not even the top 5 of Manc bands never mind owt else, which was like red rag to a bull. As many have said in this thread I just feel they are ridiculously overrated, and don't appeal to me at all. The same people who like these like people like "The Smiths", which does say it all. It's that 25 to 40 year old age group who like things because of mob mentality, there's no other reason to like The Smiths.

Care to name me 5 better Manc bands?

Had a PROPER row with a mate about this before the match on Sunday, his crack man "Steve I'm as happy about this as I was about Keegan coming the first time", I says fuckin shut upi up man they're not even the top 5 of Manc bands never mind owt else, which was like red rag to a bull. As many have said in this thread I just feel they are ridiculously overrated, and don't appeal to me at all. The same people who like these like people like "The Smiths", which does say it all. It's that 25 to 40 year old age group who like things because of mob mentality, there's no other reason to like The Smiths.

Oasis, Smiths, Joy Division, New Order, Bee Gees/Courteeners/Chemical Brothers? :lol: I dunno, I'd definitely put Stone Roses in the top 5 Manchester bands, but I'm sure there's an argument against it

Simply Red will be top of Stevie's list :blush2::D

Thought they were good but not great - never got the dance thing - just thought they were a decent guitar band. Good memories of listening to the first album a lot on holiday with the lads in Cyprus in 89.

Pointless seeing them live unless for the occasion or you're off your tits as the bloke simply can't sing.

For the list of better Manc bands I'd add James - all opinion of course.

2j, I'm a huge Stone Roses fan but a definitive top 5 manc bands is tough.

Elbow, Smiths, Joy Division/New Order, Buzzcocks, The Fall, Magazine were/are all hugely influential.

Then there is those that came out of the same scene as the Stone Roses - Happy Mondays, James, Inspiral Carpets, 808 State, The Chemical Brothers, Barry Adamson, etc.

Also what about Badly Drawn Boy, Lamb, The Doves or A certain Ratio and The Duruitti Column.

As for Oasis, I'm not a fan but their influence on English music, especially what they did to Creation Records and a lot of artists on the label, left resounding results.

btw anyone listing the Bee Gees as Manc band needs to give their head a shake.

You've mentioned some great bands there, all who surprisingly enough are some of my favourites as well.

Although if you base it on personal preference, I don't think any of them done an album as good as their self titlef debut.

Despitr there being many great albums to chose from.

A tweet from Mac Toon last neet summed it up perfectly for me.

2NarMe Mac

@

@Leazeslad Agree aboot the Stone Roses n'aal. Load of shite. I'd say 75%+ of their fans don't even like the music, just the 'coolness'

Absolutely spot on. Oasis, New Order and Joy Division piss all over the Stone Roses, as I said two good songs. It's aal this Aciendoh naanteennaanteh brigade who want to feel part of something imo.