Wenger is now basically a joke.

Park Life

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again another season of half measures and the usual outcome.

disagree...if fergie had managed to get through the season undefeated I would have agreed, but no losses over the course of a season is nothing to joke about.

He's dug himself in too far now, he's going to stick it out and be stubborn in the face of everyone now telling him what is blatantly obvious, and he'll keep doing the oppositte and winning little or nothing. He's spent too long now telling everyone he knows best and everybody else is wrong to give in now.

To win the big trophies you have to have a quality goalie, a top class and experienced centreback, preferably some semblance of steel in midfield to go with the skill and unless you have players scoring for fun then you need a reliable 20+ a season striker. And they're also such a bunch of fannies, trying to create the perfect goal and dicking about walking it into the nest instead of doign what manu do and just score, win the game and move on.

Wish we were doing just as badly as they are under Wenger mind!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

He's dug himself in too far now, he's going to stick it out and be stubborn in the face of everyone now telling him what is blatantly obvious, and he'll keep doing the oppositte and winning little or nothing. He's spent too long now telling everyone he knows best and everybody else is wrong to give in now.

To win the big trophies you have to have a quality goalie, a top class and experienced centreback, preferably some semblance of steel in midfield to go with the skill and unless you have players scoring for fun then you need a reliable 20+ a season striker. And they're also such a bunch of fannies, trying to create the perfect goal and dicking about walking it into the nest instead of doign what manu do and just score, win the game and move on.

That basically covers most of it in a nutshell.

He needs to move away from young good looking skinny boys who bottle it when the chips are down.

"I feel the players had an outstanding attitude all season and are not to blame," Wenger said. "If someone is to blame, it is me. I pick the team, I choose the players.

"It's very unsatisfactory because we have had one of our easiest run-ins for a long, long time and we didn't take our chances. That is frustrating because I feel the potential is there but we still lack something – maturity and experience and calm in important situations.

"We've conceded six goals in the last week [two against Bolton, three at Tottenham Hotspur and one against Liverpool] and you can't afford to concede six goals in April if you want to win the championship. Defensively we have been too frail during the season and it is especially frustrating when you look at the way we have dropped the points."

"It's hard to lose a game like that," Wenger said. "If you look at the way we conceded the goals, it's hard to swallow. We gave everything. Our attitude was fantastic and we had chances to win it. But we could have taken nine points [from the past three games] and we have taken two and that's a massive difference. We have to look at some of these things but we do not have to change the way we play.

"If you can convince me those principles are wrong, I'm ready. However, I feel we are right to try to play football the proper way. When you don't win, your principles are questioned but I have the distance to know what is right and wrong. If something is wrong, it is not the problem of playing football. We just have to become more mature in some of the situations when we look too frail."

Arsenal are now three points behind the second-placed Chelsea and Wenger said: "The chances [of catching United] now are very minimal. We have to continue to fight to the last game of the season but we have dropped too many points and it is very frustrating because we should have come home with nine points in the last week. We've come back with two and that's been the story of our season. I feel we have got closer this season than last season but that just makes it even more frustrating."

Wenger also took a thinly veiled swipe at Bolton, talking of them "playing a cup final a week late" in reference to their 5-0 defeat against Stoke City in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley. There were also angry scenes at the final whistle when Van Persie and Matt Taylor became embroiled in a confrontation on the pitch.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/ap...olton-wanderers

He needs to move away from young good looking skinny boys who bottle it when the chips are down.

I think the keeper he has now [name escapes me], whatever his name is, the new guy and not the clown of the last year or two, is a good keeper, the best he has had for a while.

His midfield with Fabregas and Wilshire, with Nasri playing off the strikers, is top class.

He needs a centre half like Vidic [as has been mentioned], and a striker like Carroll ? both of whom will dish out the physical stuff, and take it, but are ruthless, to go higher. I'm not that impressed with Chamahk but Van Persie is one of the best strikers in the premiership.

He's far from a joke, basically people say these sort of things when they are jealous, like people said about us when we were playing in the Champions League etc. They would give their teeth to be in such a sorry state, just like all of us now would give our teeth to be in such a sorry state as Arsenal with a manager like that having done what they have done.

Five years without a trophy but playing in the Champions League including reaching the Final......poor dears

I think the keeper he has now [name escapes me], whatever his name is, the new guy and not the clown of the last year or two, is a good keeper, the best he has had for a while.

His midfield with Fabregas and Wilshire, with Nasri playing off the strikers, is top class.

He needs a centre half like Vidic [as has been mentioned], and a striker like Carroll ? both of whom will dish out the physical stuff, and take it, but are ruthless, to go higher. I'm not that impressed with Chamahk but Van Persie is one of the best strikers in the premiership.

He's far from a joke, basically people say these sort of things when they are jealous, like people said about us when we were playing in the Champions League etc. They would give their teeth to be in such a sorry state, just like all of us now would give our teeth to be in such a sorry state as Arsenal with a manager like that having done what they have done.

Five years without a trophy but playing in the Champions League including reaching the Final......poor dears

Whats happened is someone in the media a little while ago said "Arsenal havent won anything for x amount of years"...and then many like sheep have repeated it. Its frankly bollocks. His acheivements earlier in his time should have earned him the right to have a period of transistion of however long he fuckin likes from the undefeated team and the upheaval and financial constraints of the stadium move. To keep them in the top 4 over those years is acheivement enough when you consider that the unbeaten side regularly had half a dozen in my book undisputedly world class players who it was always going to be virtuallly impossible to replace instantly:

Ashley Cole

Sol Campbell

Robert Pires

Patrick Viera

Dennis Bergkamp

Thierry Henry

Theres not many top class international sides, including world cup winning sides, that have had that many world class players all together, most of them at the peak of their careers, at the same time. Where were Arsenal likely to go after a team like that? So he's had a few fallow years where it hasnt quite clicked, ho hum.He's been competing against (a revitalised after a lean spell themelves) Ferguson's Man Utd and are cash rich Chelsea in those years. Those who are calling him either a joke or for his head need some perspective. The Arsenal fans among them have had a sense of entitlement imposed upon them by the media. Fuckin idiots if you ask me.

wenger is a fool for not spending except when he buys frenchman honestly having a tantram today throwing the bottle down again as he always does when things dont go his way

If Soke do win the FA Cup, will that mean they are a better team than Arsenal because they have won a trophy? Er, no. Wenger's team appears to lack a couple of key components, but on the whole they are a very good side to watch (if only they could cut some of the petulance out of themselves - though that could be put down to lack of maturity, I guess).

Top four finishes consistantly. A magnificent 60K stadium. How sorry I am for them.

They're a good team, but they can be so much better, and fulfill their potential, if only Wenger didn't try and keep outsmarting himself by signing players that take 2-3 years to develop.

Sczeszny will be IMO a great keeper, but in a few years time, they could easily get Given and that will give Sczeszny a few year to develop without pressure, and they will have a great keeper for the time being for while sczeszny develops.

They need a leader of a CB, someone who dishes out instructions and doesnt mess on when coming to the basics of defending, and the same goes for a CM, a Tiote type player who can dominate a game and let the rest of the players get on with their jobs.

They could easily win the Premier League next year if Wenger adapted his attitude, unlike Pardew, they have a board who will back him to the hilt, but he doesnt do anything worthwhile with it

It reminds me of Newcastle but vice/versa to some extent, they have a board who will back their manager, but thier manager wont do anything with the money, yet we have a board who wont back their manager, yet we have so much potential like Arsenal, if the people involved werent being so stubborn about thier jobs.

(BTW i'm not in no way saying we are on the same level as arsenal, but both clubs could be bigger than they are atm, thats the link im making)

That setup is there to win the Premier League and every year that goes by shows he is failing.

Whats happened is someone in the media a little while ago said "Arsenal havent won anything for x amount of years"...and then many like sheep have repeated it. Its frankly bollocks. His acheivements earlier in his time should have earned him the right to have a period of transistion of however long he fuckin likes from the undefeated team and the upheaval and financial constraints of the stadium move. To keep them in the top 4 over those years is acheivement enough when you consider that the unbeaten side regularly had half a dozen in my book undisputedly world class players who it was always going to be virtuallly impossible to replace instantly:

Ashley Cole

Sol Campbell

Robert Pires

Patrick Viera

Dennis Bergkamp

Thierry Henry

Theres not many top class international sides, including world cup winning sides, that have had that many world class players all together, most of them at the peak of their careers, at the same time. Where were Arsenal likely to go after a team like that? So he's had a few fallow years where it hasnt quite clicked, ho hum.He's been competing against (a revitalised after a lean spell themelves) Ferguson's Man Utd and are cash rich Chelsea in those years. Those who are calling him either a joke or for his head need some perspective. The Arsenal fans among them have had a sense of entitlement imposed upon them by the media. Fuckin idiots if you ask me.

Period of transition? :D

They were in the semi-final of the Champions League in 2008-09, and in the final in 2006. This season they've got into the Champions League, as usual.

But there is a caveman mentality that says 'I can't see a nice shiny tin pot, and I'm not intelligent enough to analyse the results beyond that'

One-legged cups are 50% luck.

They were in the semi-final of the Champions League in 2008-09, and in the final in 2006. This season they've got into the Champions League, as usual.

But there is a caveman mentality that says 'I can't see a nice shiny tin pot, and I'm not intelligent enough to analyse the results beyond that'

I think you should create the Polska Toontastic forum.

If he is THE ALL SEEING EYE as many nuggets claim WHY has he tried to rely on ONE SEMI-FIT STRIKER ALL SEASON whilst being in 5 competitions????

Period of transition? :D

Yeah...I dont think what came before is given enough credit when it comes to the squad he built. And the way some people are going on as if this football management lark is a piece of piss etc, just buy a load of players and it will be medals all round....its not really like that is it? He's been competing with the best manager in history and the richest club in history, whilst managing a stadium move.

Name a club side with as many world class players who stayed together at the top of the pile for a decade. Theres probably some good arguments to be made for various Liverpool and Man Utd sides but I think the break up at Arsenal was more sudden for various reasons and has therefore taken more time to get it together again. And just why are Arsenal entitled to win anything anyway?....just because they're Arsenal? :blush: