Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“ Anyone know any cheap hotels in Kings Landing, Marra?”

It’s a TV show about zombies and fire breathing dragons and the Fish is giving it the full Gary Neville tactical review.

Give it a rest Dave, it’s not the fuckin Somme is it?        

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Ant said:

Also, the lad who pretty much froze to death owned a fire sword... seems a bit of an error in judgement not to use it, it's not like they were hiding while they were trapped on the rock

I think the undead bear mauling probably did for him tbh.

There was nobody stopping the unsullied - they'd all fucked off to highgarden - it just took them 4 or 5 eps to get there-just about the only realistic travel all season. 

The "siege" was just a show of strength. 

I enjoyed it but still think they should have done ten eps. 

Edited by NJS

How was the apparently mute Ice king telling the undead dragon to do its stuff?

Am I the only one hoping he just kills everything? Also keep expecting some faceless assassin to surprise attack Arya

Hopefully Bronn fucks off somewhere mind , best character in it.

oh well 2yrs till the next season :lol: glad i'm not a mammoth fan like  or that'd properly piss me off

8 hours ago, Ant said:

How was the apparently mute Ice king telling the undead dragon to do its stuff?

Am I the only one hoping he just kills everything? Also keep expecting some faceless assassin to surprise attack Arya

Hopefully Bronn fucks off somewhere mind , best character in it.

oh well 2yrs till the next season :lol: glad i'm not a mammoth fan like  or that'd properly piss me off

What makes you think he needs to speak to control stuff? He hasn't spoken at all in 7 seasons.

Yeah, I think Benjen mentioned it at some point.

Overall the episode wasn't anything exciting. It pretty much tied up a lot of the loose ends that were in play. I thought the scene with Sam and Bran was particularly forced.

Edited by ewerk
34 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Yeah, I think Benjen mentioned it at some point.

Overall the episode wasn't anything exciting. It pretty much tied up a lot of the loose ends that were in play. I thought the scene with Sam and Bran was particularly forced.

That scene was just for those who couldn't work out (I'm guessing Ant given what else he's missed :razz: ) what was obvious to the rest of us from the episode before last.

Littlefinger came as a bit of a shock.  I never expected him to make it all the way to the end but he's gone sooner than I would have thought.

Bran being touched by the Night King was certainly the reason why I thought the dead were able to pass through the magic of the wall.  But as Andrew says it's not been mentioned much in the show.  

It's been mentioned a few times, by Benjen and a couple others I think. 

I enjoyed the episode a lot, and there were still a few surprises, but it didn't feel like the end of other seasons. Perhaps because the pace was so quick this season. 

Was surprised to see Littlefinger get his comeuppance, but I guess there's going to be less need of plotters in the next season. He's not likely to get in the ear of the Night King.

They played a few things really well, the zombie scene, Littlefinger's scene, the scene between Tyrion and Cersei.

To be honest I enjoyed the way Cersei was used in the episode, her reaction to the zombie, her scene with Tyrion and the breakdown of her and Jaime's relationship.

Meant to add her bit about her two kids not dying if Tywin had lived was a push - the Sands wouldn't have cared about him in pursuit of revenge for Oberon. 

Tommen was mainly her fault for using the high sparrow to get Margery but I can see her thinking that would have panned differently with Tywin. 

27 minutes ago, NJS said:

Meant to add her bit about her two kids not dying if Tywin had lived was a push - the Sands wouldn't have cared about him in pursuit of revenge for Oberon. 

Tommen was mainly her fault for using the high sparrow to get Margery but I can see her thinking that would have panned differently with Tywin. 

That's how she views the world though, she constantly fucks up, causes people she supposedly cared for to die and takes no responsibility.

Its always someone elses fault.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

What makes you think he needs to speak to control stuff? He hasn't spoken at all in 7 seasons.

because the dragon needed told before to spit fire by it's mother...

6 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Littlefinger came as a bit of a shock.  I never expected him to make it all the way to the end but he's gone sooner than I would have thought.

I enjoyed the scene.  Not sure it was worth dedicating the Stark sisters arc to for the whole series though. 

I'd have preferred they spent more of that time on people travelling places.  I'm the first to complain about all the walking in Lord of the Rings but the way people were teleporting all over in this series and using crows like mobile phones was a complete gear shift from the time investment put into previous seasons.