no deal for Joey

Knackers

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
"Negotiations" as Arthur Scargill used to say. McKay knows what hes doing.

Aye. Not done and dusted. Could imagine him leaving this summer all the same though.

He obviously wants to stay and to be fair to him, he probably has an idea of how long he will play for and wants to see it out here, rather than knowing he has season left in him and be looking for a new club at the end of his career. I cant blame him for pushing for it.

I reckon by playing hardball with Ashley though McKay and Barton will just be told to fuck off. May well be what's already happened. He's been as important as Tiote this season imo so it'll be a massive loss should he go now or if he loses motivation knowing he's away next Jan/summer.

HOW? HOW when things like this happen, do people automatically go to "Barton must be greedy" and not "Mike Ashley is a tight-fisted cunt"? I hope Chez is right and this is McKay forcing their hand. I have a feeling that Ashley's hand consists of accepting a bid from someone though.

And so it starts..... ;)

C'mon CT, Tiote's Nutz, Toonpack - defend this strategy.

Fucking crazy madness.

jaythesouthermag and Qwertyo are new recruits too ......

No I`m not you thick cunt, I just dont live in the past like you. I think Joey deserves a new deal, 2 with an extension of another 1 would be fine, I think he has earned it and if they dont sort it or sign a replacement of the same calibre then they are wrong. Unlike you I dont just cling to one argument and post the same shite in reply to every post.

Exactly. I think I'll hold back the hysteria for a little while yet. ;)

Dont get me wrong, I love Joey and 100% want him in our starting line up next year, but I will wait and here what the club says rather than chomping on McKays well chosen words.

Cant quite imagine two worse people to try and negotiate than these two cunts.

it’ll be Barton out and Larsson in.

“well they both play in the same position and Larsson won’t want as much in wages, that’s good business” — of course it is Mike and Derek, because you know so much about football.

Dont get me wrong, I love Joey and 100% want him in our starting line up next year, but I will wait and here what the club says rather than chomping on McKays well chosen words.

Willy might call it negotiation.

Sounds like the club are stonewalling to me though.

I visualise a scenario where Dereks negotiating skills are not quite as good or diplomatic as they should be.

it’ll be Barton out and Larsson in.

“well they both play in the same position and Larsson won’t want as much in wages, that’s good business” — of course it is Mike and Derek, because you know so much about football.

100% 63k-25k = £38k saving. Fucking sick. He's really proved what a player he is this season, and now he's going. FFS we're saving 40k on Campbell fucking off. Makes nee sense Barton has shown willing to meet half way, he's at the optimum age for a footballer with 4 or 5 top years left, and this happens. Bunch of wanks, wish my form wasn't in noo tbh

Edited by McFaul

Guest alex

Suggests things aren't going well at the very least. Barton knows his stock has risen and he's the one holding most of the cards now too. I'm sure he'd like to stay but he'll get the deal he's after elsewhere too.

"I had a meeting with Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias and club secretary Lee Charnley and they have indicated Joey will not be offered a new contract,"

I just dont believe that sentence. Had he said we cant agree etc etc....But I cant believe the club have called Willy in to say we are not renewing.

"I had a meeting with Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias and club secretary Lee Charnley and they have indicated Joey will not be offered a new contract,"

I just dont believe that sentence. Had he said we cant agree etc etc....But I cant believe the club have called Willy in to say we are not renewing.

...really?

Guest alex

Could be read as 'the offer already on the table is the final offer' though.

Your stance surprises me I must say.

I think this is all the result of two twats negotiating with each other and will be resolved shortly.

Yep, McKay at his best.

Let's wait and see eh?

To be fair, when you've got the depth of squad we have plus the decades of success, we can afford to let junk like Barton go. We literally can't lose. Good footballers are all over the place. Just look at youtube.,

I salute you Dekka. ;)

Guest alex

I think this is all the result of two twats negotiating with each other and will be resolved shortly.

You'll have to forgive me for not sharing your optimism.

What's depressing (though unsurprising) is that Pardoo's thoughts on the player don't even come into it.

Fair enough if the adulterer has said he doesn't feel Barton's THAT important to the shape he's looking to mould the squad into, then don't feel obliged to offer what his agent is asking for.

But I'm sure he's viewed as integral and the thought would be give him the going rate to secure him.

It's a tactic that worked with Steven Taylor who had ideas above his station and eventually realised his worth wasn't what he had thought.

I think there'll be more clubs willing to 'handle' Barton than the club are gambling on though.

McKay's wording is particluarly disingenuous as he has already been offered a new contract. Just not the one he wants or arguably deserves.

McKay is the master of flim flam, he's trying to bully the club. Club are likely trying the same approach they succesfully used with Taylor and Stretford when they went into bully mode.

Guest alex
McKay's wording is particluarly disingenuous as he has already been offered a new contract. Just not the one he wants or arguably deserves.

Unless the offer has been withdrawn.