no deal for Joey

Knackers

Fucking depressing news

If he's not getting a new contract then it doesn't make sense that the FCB will let him walk for free next year. He's gone.

Just when you think it impossible that the cockney twats can get any further out of touch with the fans, they sink to new levels and again show they couldn't give a rat's arse.

The thing they understand is that people keep turning up at SJP no matter how many times they get kicked in the balls. The twats are laughing at us thick geordie bastards all the way to the bank.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are going to cash in on someone this summer, there cant be much doubt about that. Barton and Enrique though? Fuck me gently.

Not Derek Llambias, he'll fuck you hard and fast ;)

McKay's wording is particluarly disingenuous as he has already been offered a new contract. Just not the one he wants or arguably deserves.

Unless the offer has been withdrawn.

McKay used the word "indicated" not "stated", that's not difinitive one way or the other. It's a manouver that's all.

McKay's wording is particluarly disingenuous as he has already been offered a new contract. Just not the one he wants or arguably deserves.

Potentially they've agreed he will play out the contract and not offer the new one. Which means he will still be playing for us next year. I think i was jumping ahead before thinking he was off straightaway, which might not be the case.

Guest alex

McKay used the word "indicated" not "stated", that's not difinitive one way or the other. It's a manouver that's all.

I was thinking that perhaps they've got a replacement lined up. Barton will get more money / a better signing on fee at his next club if he sees out his contract. Just a possibility like. McKay is dodgy as fuck so I wouldn't trust what he says by any means. However, as soon as there were rumblings about the length of the contract being an issue I worried Barton wouldn't sign a new contract and would be away so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case too.

Willie McKay + ''Skysports.com understands'' doesn't really worry me.

He's just after more money and he's going to use the fury of the fans to get it.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Everytime, every single time I read anything at all that includes the words "Derek Llambias" I feel pissed off. Every time.

Fucking madness. How much to replace a player of his calibre? Short sighted fucking idiots.

+100000000.....fucking idiots! he fucking ran our team this year....thanks Joe for helping to keep us up, now on your bike....FFS

Guest alex

Thing is like, the good rumours are normally bollocks and the bad ones are normally true when it comes to NUFC.

I was thinking that perhaps they've got a replacement lined up. Barton will get more money / a better signing on fee at his next club if he sees out his contract. Just a possibility like. McKay is dodgy as fuck so I wouldn't trust what he says by any means. However, as soon as there were rumblings about the length of the contract being an issue I worried Barton wouldn't sign a new contract and would be away so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case too.

FWIW

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Barton WAS offered a new contract today and in January and turned them both down, both pretty lucrative too

Totally agree on the McKay sentiment

Doubt he'll get near £60K a week elsewhere given his "liability" risk, we certainly haven't had full value for money from him, over his contract, one decent season.

Guest alex

FWIW

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Barton WAS offered a new contract today and in January and turned them both down, both pretty lucrative too

Totally agree on the McKay sentiment

Doubt he'll get near £60K a week elsewhere given his "liability" risk, we certainly haven't had full value for money from him, over his contract, one decent season.

Another way of looking at it is we're offering 2 extra years at £40k whereas someone like Villa offer him 3 years at the same amount plus £2m signing on fee seeing as he's on a free. Better deal for him even if it doesn't match his current one. And as much as I like him I've never bought the crack about him being desperate to end his career here. He's quite media savvy is Barton, even if he doesn't always 'play the game' on that score.

Edited by alex

McKay has obviously phoned Sky Sports to try and get interested parties to call him; saves him having to phone round.

"....they have indicated a contract will not be offered." Must have done it by mime.

I get the feeling Barton will just tell LardAsh he's going to see out the final year to stick one up him.

Coloccini to Arsenal btw. You heard it here first.

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

As things stand, both #Nufc & Joey Barton camp have walked away from talks. An extension has been on table for ages & turned down.

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

As things stand, both #Nufc & Joey Barton camp have walked away from talks. An extension has been on table for ages & turned down.

Brinkmanship rules.

Willie and Dekka, what a combination.

So it's a cunt-off between McKay and Llambias, this should be fun.

fucking hell, a cunt-off between those two. all set up for a photo finish

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

I have a problem with this. How does Ryder know the figures? Obviously the club have started to give the Chronicle scraps provided they tow the party line.

Between this and the constant jabs at Sol Campbell, they've started to show their true colours. It's like Oliver never left.

FWIW, I think the Barton comments of "if Nobby signs, I'll sign" and the rumours of unhappiness over the duration of contract are most telling.

"I had a meeting with Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias and club secretary Lee Charnley and they have indicated Joey will not be offered a new contract,"

I just dont believe that sentence. Had he said we cant agree etc etc....But I cant believe the club have called Willy in to say we are not renewing.

Your stance surprises me I must say.

Which stance is that?

Not getting hysterical over willie mckays comments or not believing that the club havent offered Barton anything?

Thing is like, the good rumours are normally bollocks and the bad ones are normally true when it comes to NUFC.

Very true ;) As I think back to Marin Jol spotted at Newcastle Airport as Pardew booked into the Gossy park. ;)

And so it starts..... ;)

C'mon CT, Tiote's Nutz, Toonpack - defend this strategy.

Fucking crazy madness.

McKay is a c*nt clearly trying to get Barton as much money as possible. The fact the club haven't offered a contract confirms the demands were too high.

I say sell anyone who doesn't want to be here or tries to extort the club.

You know the really idiotic thing is I reckon you actually believe that guff!

Which bit? ;)

That McKay lies or that the club shouldn't bend over for player demands?

Very true ;) As I think back to Marin Jol spotted at Newcastle Airport as Pardew booked into the Gossy park. :huff:

Ben Arfa was spotted at Newcastle Airport ;)

Edited by Phil