no deal for Joey

Knackers

Guest alex
Thing is like, the good rumours are normally bollocks and the bad ones are normally true when it comes to NUFC.

Very true :huff: As I think back to Marin Jol spotted at Newcastle Airport as Pardew booked into the Gossy park. :lol:

How about the rumours about the club fueling the Jol rumours to clean up at the bookies. I can well believe that as well ;) ;)

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We must retain Joey Barton at all costs.

Fucking ridiculous.

So Skidders and the Ashley-bumlicking gang, it's all going tits up now, isn't it?

;)

There is still a chance he might sign so im not going overboard yet. I wouldn't trust McKay as far as I could throw him. Admittedly I couldn't probaby throw him further than Mike "Fatty" Ashley.

Edited by Holden McGroin

I suppose the underlying thing which none of us really know is what thoughts are running through Pardews head.

He has said he wants more pace on the wings.

What formation does he see us playing?

Where does Ben Arfa fit in?

If he's looking for Pacey wingers and two strikers, that leaves a lot of players vying for two midfield positions.....

Gosling, Guthrie, Smith, Barton, Nolan, Ben Arfa, Tiote, off the top of my head.

Tiote is first on everyones list I imagine.

NB THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT, I REPEAT, NOT AN ATTEMPT to justify not having Barton. He would be my first name on the team sheet.

Reading between the lines with the rumours of this business, NUFC and Barton aren't too far apart regarding the money but Barton wants an extra year. Now when we waste money on year loans for players who aren't worth a light, perhaps we can take a chance with an extra year for a player already here and proven?

Also, in the event of a sale that extra year would buoy up the transfer fee?

Enjoy the relegation battle next year or the year after, folks. Pathetic.

Reading between the lines with the rumours of this business, NUFC and Barton aren't too far apart regarding the money but Barton wants an extra year. Now when we waste money on year loans for players who aren't worth a light, perhaps we can take a chance with an extra year for a player already here and proven?

I must have missed his first 3 years at £60K a week, whilst he was proving himself.

He's been good for ONE season.

I must have missed his first 3 years at £60K a week, whilst he was proving himself.

And in his current form, he'll be good for the next few if we sign him on.

From Lee Ryder, FUCKING JOSEF GOEBALS MORE LIKE!

#nufc Barton WAS offered a new contract today and in January and turned them both down, both pretty lucrative too

So there's another greedy bastard player trying to screw our club, eh? Fuck me, there's been loads of these tossers since Dekka and Mike came on board. Thank Christ they're here fighting them at every corner otherwise we'd be well and truly fucked. ;)

And he stayed because of the bad reputation and high wages as nobody would pay out. Now he turns it around we're quibbling over a year? Fucking unbelievable.

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

As things stand, both #Nufc & Joey Barton camp have walked away from talks. An extension has been on table for ages & turned down.

Brinkmanship rules.

Willie and Dekka, what a combination.

but but but....I thought McKay only did deals with one certain person, who shall remain nameless, because everybody else in football wasn't so daft

At the end of the day, we can only speculate as we don't know the actual details of what Barton is demanding, and what the club are willing to offer him.

So we can't really lay any blame towards anybody until we actually know what's been going on.

I wouldn't be surprised if his agent is doing this to try and force the club's hand.

Although I do expect to see something in the press from the mysterious club insider (Llambias) in the next few days, saying Barton has made obscene demands.

"I had a meeting with Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias and club secretary Lee Charnley and they have indicated Joey will not be offered a new contract,"

I just dont believe that sentence. Had he said we cant agree etc etc....But I cant believe the club have called Willy in to say we are not renewing.

Your stance surprises me I must say.

Which stance is that?

Not getting hysterical over willie mckays comments or not believing that the club havent offered Barton anything?

keep digging.

Your little period of getting lucky with your predictions is over.

In all seriousness, who exactly expected anything different.

The summer circus has started. Which of our best players is going to leave the club folks.

He'll be 30 at the start of next season btw. So if he wants £40k a week for 3 years with an option for 1 extra year, thats him on big money eith us until he is 34.

Tbf, his legs wont last that long.

And so it starts..... ;)

C'mon CT, Tiote's Nutz, Toonpack - defend this strategy.

Fucking crazy madness.

jaythesouthermag and Qwertyo are new recruits too ......

No I`m not you thick cunt, I just dont live in the past like you. I think Joey deserves a new deal, 2 with an extension of another 1 would be fine, I think he has earned it and if they dont sort it or sign a replacement of the same calibre then they are wrong. Unlike you I dont just cling to one argument and post the same shite in reply to every post.

you are sadly mistaken if you interpret laying down minimum standards I expect from the club as "living in the past". Perhaps you should pay more attention to the content instead of associating what I say with, unfortunately for you, the people who did what you want, which you might realise if you prise your head out of your arse.

He deserves it but won't get it, while a half decent board would recognise it and pay the going rate to keep and build on their best players......think about that before you post the rubbish you have just posted.

Edit. Noland and Barton are the heartbeat of the club, in the dressing room and on the pitch. Losing him will be a huge blow and loss.

Edited by LeazesMag