The NUFC official new signings thread

Jusoda Kid

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

however anybody wants to dress it up, the complete fee for carroll and any other sales should be given to the manager and not used to fund wages and any other operational costs of the club. This is what selling clubs do, with small crowds and limited potential do. Its bad enough selling players above his head, but its only compounding the long term decline by not backing him to replace our best players adequately or better.

Not acceptable for a club like NUFC I'm afraid.

;);) Madness

You are joking surely??

well, if you are happy to continue selling our best players to the likes of Spurs and Liverpool ........

So, you pay the wages out of what ??

Right, no more shit about nothing, signings only lads.

Thanks for your co-operation

Your Friendly moderator

JK

Agreed

Everything after post #5 should be moved to the Transfer Talk thread which I avoid like the plague.

Sort it mods.

Nice to see this thread hasn't become the exact same as most other threads on here.... Just out of interest, anyone know what will happen with the Carroll money? I don't think it's been mentioned :\

it appears that some people are happy for it not to be re-invested in quality footballers coming in ie the sort of thing small clubs do rather than the ambitious ones.

Yes and many want us to finish top every season and spend 100 million. The point is this thread was about signings, not speculation

indeed, but it isn't me who has derailed it. Its about signings and sales actually, and there is a long way to go yet. We are moving into this window with 30-35m quid lead.

Right, no more shit about nothing, signings only lads.

Thanks for your co-operation

Your Friendly moderator

JK

Agreed

Everything after post #5 should be moved to the Transfer Talk thread which I avoid like the plague.

Sort it mods.

2nded

however anybody wants to dress it up, the complete fee for carroll and any other sales should be given to the manager and not used to fund wages and any other operational costs of the club. This is what selling clubs do, with small crowds and limited potential do. Its bad enough selling players above his head, but its only compounding the long term decline by not backing him to replace our best players adequately or better.

;);) Madness

You are joking surely??

well, if you are happy to continue selling our best players to the likes of Spurs and Liverpool ........

I am pleased for you that you have adopted a 2nd rate losers mentality. Why is it the people who are advocating that we continue to become the only premiership club, outside the Champions League places, to celebrate making a profit of a few million quid while looking upwards at clubs we should be competing with and used to compete with, are those who don't shell out their hard cash to actually support the club ?

Do they buy 2nd and 3rd hand TV's, clothes, bog roll etc while concentrating their entire salary on paying off their mortgage as quickly as possible, despite having a repayment agreement in place which was based on their earnings at the time ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest alex

;);) Madness

You are joking surely??

I am pleased for you that you have adopted a 2nd rate losers mentality. Why is it the people who are advocating that we continue to become the only premiership club, outside the Champions League places, to celebrate making a profit of a few million quid while looking upwards at clubs we should be competing with and used to compete with, are those who don't shell out their hard cash to actually support the club ?

Do they buy 2nd and 3rd hand TV's, clothes, bog roll etc while concentrating their entire salary on paying off their mortgage as quickly as possible, despite having a repayment agreement in place which was based on their earnings at the time ?

I've occasionally bought 2nd hand clothes but 2nd hand bog roll would be a step too far imo.

;) I do like the contortions and guesswork some people make to provide an angle on events.

Just read this bit back to yourself.

"when he got injured he had seemed very good for two season, we were sat in the top half of the table and as we had paid £2m for 4 games maybe the club thought an extra £5m was worth the risk based on his 4 game performances and the fact we had wasted £2m on a loan that could not be completed. The decision was then taken to gamble on him"

Aye ok, thats definitely what happened. The club was not willing to risk it in August but definitely was after he got injured. You are saying their attitude to risk about the player (initially set on basis of wanting to see him for 25 games) changed to only needing to see 4 appearances and not caring anymore about an injury. His 4 appearances led to that huge change in attitude? Really? ;)

The deal was set up as wanting to see him play because we didnt have the money to pay for him. Unsurprisingly, since we'd just spent a season with little or no TV revenue. Sounds simpler that way doesnt it?

Its good to see your selective quotations being used to try and put your argument forward, a bit of a spin doctor I see! That point as you well know, led in to the next sentence about the deal POSSIBLY being better financially due to his injury. I am trying to point out that there is more than one reason why a club loans a player with a agreement to buy based on certain criteria, this is not my opinion of what happened but simply other possible angles. It also supports the argument that not everything Ashley does is purely logical and therefore you looking at something through your eyes and concluding that to be the only logical answer is not certain to be what in fact did happen!. The only fact you have is that we bought him in January and you therefore conclude we only had the money in january and you then assume that points made by everyone else is Guesswork even though your so called "facts" are based on pure speculation based on when the Sky money is paid througout the season.

I think we should just all be friends, wipe the slate clean and give them one last chance to get it right.

if they get it right this summer, i'll be the first to admit i was wrong on here and congratulate the board for investing well. really though, they haven't really done anything up until now to convince anyone on here that they will get it right this time. the fuckwit doesn't deserve another chance. most of us are rightly assuming he's going to mess it up again.

It's like one of them IQ test questions.

3 , 5, 8, 13, 21....

4, 5, 8, 17, 44....

Sack Keegan, Hire Kinnear, Sell Given, Wallpaper the stadium in Sports Direct signs, Sell Carroll...

;)

I think we should just all be friends, wipe the slate clean and give them one last chance to get it right.

if they get it right this summer, i'll be the first to admit i was wrong on here and congratulate the board for investing well. really though, they haven't really done anything up until now to convince anyone on here that they will get it right this time. the fuckwit doesn't deserve another chance. most of us are rightly assuming he's going to mess it up again.

Personally I dont think anyone needs to admit they were wrong or right. It all boils down to hopes and fears and some have more hope than others and some fear a repeat of the past.

Ultimately what will be will be and we will all go on supporting the team.

Personally I dont think anyone needs to admit they were wrong or right. It all boils down to hopes and fears and some have more hope than others and some fear a repeat of the past.

Ultimately what will be will be and we will all go on supporting the team.

On that note we should just end the forum then mate ;)

3 , 5, 8, 13, 21....

4, 5, 8, 17, 44....

Sack Keegan, Hire Kinnear, Sell Given, Wallpaper the stadium in Sports Direct signs, Sell Carroll...

;)

Sack Keegan - they didn't.

Hire Kinnear - yep, utter crap,

Sell Given - He wanted out and made it VERY plain (squad atmosphere appeared crap thanks to the mercenaries so maybe fair enough on Given's part)

Wallpaper the stadium - Seriously, is that in any shape or form a big deal ;)

Sell Carroll - £35Million bloody quid, no brainer !!!!!

;) I do like the contortions and guesswork some people make to provide an angle on events.

Just read this bit back to yourself.

"when he got injured he had seemed very good for two season, we were sat in the top half of the table and as we had paid £2m for 4 games maybe the club thought an extra £5m was worth the risk based on his 4 game performances and the fact we had wasted £2m on a loan that could not be completed. The decision was then taken to gamble on him"

Aye ok, thats definitely what happened. The club was not willing to risk it in August but definitely was after he got injured. You are saying their attitude to risk about the player (initially set on basis of wanting to see him for 25 games) changed to only needing to see 4 appearances and not caring anymore about an injury. His 4 appearances led to that huge change in attitude? Really? ;)

The deal was set up as wanting to see him play because we didnt have the money to pay for him. Unsurprisingly, since we'd just spent a season with little or no TV revenue. Sounds simpler that way doesnt it?

Its good to see your selective quotations being used to try and put your argument forward, a bit of a spin doctor I see! That point as you well know, led in to the next sentence about the deal POSSIBLY being better financially due to his injury. I am trying to point out that there is more than one reason why a club loans a player with a agreement to buy based on certain criteria, this is not my opinion of what happened but simply other possible angles. It also supports the argument that not everything Ashley does is purely logical and therefore you looking at something through your eyes and concluding that to be the only logical answer is not certain to be what in fact did happen!. The only fact you have is that we bought him in January and you therefore conclude we only had the money in january and you then assume that points made by everyone else is Guesswork even though your so called "facts" are based on pure speculation based on when the Sky money is paid througout the season.

You're just replying for the sake of replying now.

The quotation wasnt selective it was the bit of your post that was the basis for your point of view. I read your post, found the bit which it hinged on and quoted it.

I've not stated anything as facts, the argument wasnt even based on how the sky money flows into the club.

The arguments presented in this thread are canny ridiculous tbf 'you cant include money spent in January in estimating our net financial expenditure in January' followed by 'we always had the money, its just we didnt want to risk it in case it didnt work out, thats why we spent it once the player was out injured for the season'. :)

I'm not arsed about derailing this thread either as i consider trying to understand the reality surrounding the club as quite a useful exercise.

3 , 5, 8, 13, 21....

4, 5, 8, 17, 44....

;)

Sack Keegan - they didn't.

Hire Kinnear - yep, utter crap,

Sell Given - He wanted out and made it VERY plain (squad atmosphere appeared crap thanks to the mercenaries so maybe fair enough on Given's part)

Wallpaper the stadium - Seriously, is that in any shape or form a big deal :)

Sell Carroll - £35Million bloody quid, no brainer !!!!!

;)

I had assumed you were only making the best of the last couple of years, which I can comprehend if not agree with. If you're looking to excuse the holocaust of a season that was 08/09 you're asking to be shit on.

What is reality?

Unpalatable for most.

If, when I sleep, I dream that I am Ben Arfa, and that I have just signed permanently for Newcastle after five million pounds was earmarked in the previous transfer window with a view to signing me in the next one, how do I know that I am not actually Ben Arfa, and that this perceived reality--that I am merely a man typing a message on the internet--is not a dream?