Neil Taylor Transfer Saga & Other Adventures...

@yourservice

Agreed a five year contract. Fee £1 mill according to the Twitter ITK Cwarr07

ok, I'm not having a go at you CT, genuinely. This Cwarr07 character is a joke; he tweeted there would be no Gervinho news, then his very next tweet, 20 minutes later states he has signed, and then that news should be expected "later in the week"

he contradicts himself within 20 minutes.

Most probably is and if Gervinho isnt announced by the club this week (as he has predicted many times), then Im assume his account will close quite quickly.

However he did call the Enrique talks were taking place before anyone else.

Twitter has taken ITK's to a whole new level. :gay:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left back. Replacement or competition for Enrique by the looks of it. He can also play left midfield too. As regards as to how good he is? Dunno!

Find it funny how Newcastle are discovering all these clauses. It's very good and thorough scouting information. Pardew has been known to find a few championship gems!

I find this very worrying if we are spending all our scouts time looking at players like this and finding clauses. We should be setting the bar higher with the money we have and the ambition but looks like the board do not have a smilar view.

Spend the least amount of money to keep us up, it looks like. Shame as if the tosser splashes out the money and gets some quality in ,some fans would give him a second chance.

I'd be staggered to find it isn't the other way round i.e. agents letting NUFC about release clauses in players' contracts and then us sending out folk to see what they're like.

One massive thing in NUFC's favour in buying players (imo) is that LardAsh wants to pay up front. Clubs around the world will love to do business with 'us' that way, rather than the dribs and drabs it has been for ages.

Bid confirmed £1m...if its backup for Enrique, it's not bad business. The fact (of lack thereof) of us withdrawing the M'Bengue bid would lead me to believe Enrique is gonna sign a new deal.....or Ashley is cutting costs. Granted it is probably the latter as opposed to th former.

As he got sent off i am assuming straight red in playoff semi final he will have only served one match ban, does anyone know if he is due longer and therefore unable to play first few games of season?

I thought the crack was that he had a £1m release clause.

Swansea Won't Sell Taylor Unless Price Is Right

Swansea City are holding out for the right price for Neil Taylor, despite reports suggesting he has a clause in his contract which allows him to talk to other clubs if they make a high enough bid.

Newcastle United are showing a keen interest in the young left back, who was playing in the Conference the season before last, but he has impressed for the Swans in the Championship last year and is attracting interest from a number of clubs.

Despite some reports which suggest we'd been unable to do anything to hold onto the player due to a clause, the Evening Post today believe that no clause actually exists, allowing Swansea City to reject bids, such as the £1m they received from the Magpies.

The Evening Post also believe that manager Brendan Rodgers is bitterly disappointed that Taylor is looking to leave the club already, after signing a 3-year contract last Summer. Of course he would be, as he sees the 22 year-old as a big player for the future.

Neil Taylor could make the wrong move far too early in his career. Far too many players have left the Swans and regretted it. The only players in the past number of years to improve their career after leaving the Swans is Sam Ricketts. Taylor would surely struggle for regular games at St James' Park, if he did move, and he could then be playing Reserve football or looking for a loan, whereas he'd most certainly be Swansea City's first choice left back. But wages could play a massive part in his decision to leave for a bigger club.

Read more: http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/art...3#ixzz1Ortku4j0

Edited by Barney

Mark Douglas reckons he'd be cover, not an Enrique replacement.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle...79310-28862592/

NEWCASTLE United expect to wrap up a deal for Swansea starlet Neil Taylor in the next few days – however, he will NOT be coming to St James’ Park as Jose Enrique’s replacement.

Despite a series of deadlines, United have not been informed of Enrique’s intentions for next season.

It is a frustrating development for the club but no more than they expected from a player who is understandably assessing his options with a year left on his current contract.

And while they continue to plan for life without Enrique, they have more senior targets in case he leaves than the highly-promising Taylor – who will join the club as much-needed defensive cover.

Liverpool have expressed interest in Enrique but were put off by United’s valuation while Bayern Munich’s watching brief doesn’t seem to have transferred into a concrete bid.

Barcelona have been mentioned as a potential destination but again, nothing has been heard from the Catalan giants.

So while Newcastle continue to make contingency plans for life without the Spanish Bull, they hope to make progress in their bid for Taylor.

They tabled a £1million last week and were dismayed by quotes from Swans chairman Huw Jenkins.

The South Wales club have not even tried to hide the fact that they are looking to flush out interest in the teenager so that they can receive a bigger fee.

But Taylor is sold on a move to Newcastle and Toon chiefs believe it will happen.

Swansea boss Brendan Rogers said on Friday: “There will be no player at this club who does not want to be here.

“If a player decides they want to speak to another club, they can go, it’s as simple as that. I’m only interested in those who want to play for Swansea.”

Ferguson & Taylor (as a low cost LB pairing depth-wise) will fight it out for the LB slot. I suppose we're consistent in our restructuring of the back 4 as the celebrated 5 Year Plan enters its latter stages - our RB trio of Simpson/Razor/Perch was assembled for relative peanuts and the combined performance level is a reflection of this - it's just enough to hopefully ride out a season & ultimately survive the drop with a mid-table (10th) finish deemed to be the yardstick for a successful campaign . Expect the trend to continue in the heart of defense, after Collo (another high earner) has been conveniently phased out when the said defender's head is inevitably turned ala Jose etc etc.

Yeah, worth posting this again maybe.

Mark Douglas reckons he'd be cover, not an Enrique replacement.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle...79310-28862592/

NEWCASTLE United expect to wrap up a deal for Swansea starlet Neil Taylor in the next few days – however, he will NOT be coming to St James' Park as Jose Enrique's replacement.

Despite a series of deadlines, United have not been informed of Enrique's intentions for next season.

It is a frustrating development for the club but no more than they expected from a player who is understandably assessing his options with a year left on his current contract.

And while they continue to plan for life without Enrique, they have more senior targets in case he leaves than the highly-promising Taylor – who will join the club as much-needed defensive cover.

Liverpool have expressed interest in Enrique but were put off by United's valuation while Bayern Munich's watching brief doesn't seem to have transferred into a concrete bid.

Barcelona have been mentioned as a potential destination but again, nothing has been heard from the Catalan giants.

So while Newcastle continue to make contingency plans for life without the Spanish Bull, they hope to make progress in their bid for Taylor.

They tabled a £1million last week and were dismayed by quotes from Swans chairman Huw Jenkins.

The South Wales club have not even tried to hide the fact that they are looking to flush out interest in the teenager so that they can receive a bigger fee.

But Taylor is sold on a move to Newcastle and Toon chiefs believe it will happen.

Swansea boss Brendan Rogers said on Friday: "There will be no player at this club who does not want to be here.

"If a player decides they want to speak to another club, they can go, it's as simple as that. I'm only interested in those who want to play for Swansea."

• 2 weeks later...
It all started on an Everton forum this morning

Indeed it did... although it wasn't on the forum, but on the actual site itself... not sure if this adds more validity to it or not though?

Its fine though as i've been reliably informed on here that NO player would EVER choose my small time shite tin pot club over the mighty Bacelona of the North East. Or would they? :icon_lol:

It all started on an Everton forum this morning

Indeed it did... although it wasn't on the forum, but on the actual site itself... not sure if this adds more validity to it or not though?

Its fine though as i've been reliably informed on here that NO player would EVER choose my small time shite tin pot club over the mighty Bacelona of the North East. Or would they? :icon_lol:

I think in fairness he's probably gone home and watched a couple of videos of our Shane Ferguson and thought he hasnt got a cat in hells chance of breaking into the first team here so decided to lower his sights and slum it at a club where he will probably play regularly next season.

Edited by Christmas Tree