Tooj

I'd like him to stay but relying on two forwards as our main strikers that disappear in the ACN leaves us in a dodgy position. I'd happily let him go so long as we bring two decent forwards in to replace him and also Best/Lovenkrands.

Would be sad to see him go as he knows where the goal is, thats hard to come by . Reckon Marveaux is ready made to replace him in a 4-3-3 won't score as many but would create a few more chances for papiss as the man seems to find a pass, and can cross a ball (from what I've seen). If we surround papiss with creative players, that man will make a mockery of the scoring charts next year.

have we heard anything from Ba on this whole thing? or his ACTUAL agent? or the club?

or anyone worth listening to at all?

have we heard anything from Ba on this whole thing? or his ACTUAL agent? or the club?

His Man of the Match performance in Newcastle’s 3-0 demolition of Manchester United was one of the performances of the season. In that match, Ba scored one goal and tore the United backline apart with a devastating display of strength and power.

You think that wasn't contributed by his people?

Reads like Michael Owen's brochure....with the common sense not to actually put it in a brochure.

I'm not going to let this Ba "saga" bother me at all, if he goes he goes. Only want players who wanna be here for the right reasons.

I don't think he has any interest in moving really, this nonsense has been created by his "representatives" to line their pockets.

There really should be better regulation of Sports agents once you hit a professional level. It's fine your uncle who's a local businessman representing you when you're playing on the back streets of Lahore, but once you've signed a proper professional contract you should really hand such dealings over to a more established company.

You think that wasn't contributed by his people?

Reads like Michael Owen's brochure....with the common sense not to actually put it in a brochure.

so whats that from?

thats it? a story in the mirror, no quotes or anything not even from one of the people claiming they represent him, its just worded in a way we don't like and everyones resigned to him going and on about him being a mercenary?

His representatives have released a statement:

"Demba score goals easier than squeezing syrup out of tube. Make defence very sad. Big player."

ah right well hes definitely off then, for more money and nothing else the despicable bastard!

Didn't he say on his twitter account that he was enjoying being a Newcastle player/life in Newcastle?

Obviously if a big club came in for him then he'd probably leave, but I'm sure there are suitable replacements lined up.

I really hope he stays though as he's a great player.

thats it? a story in the mirror, no quotes or anything not even from one of the people claiming they represent him, its just worded in a way we don't like and everyones resigned to him going and on about him being a mercenary?

I'm not resigned to anything, but it would be naive in the utmost to think details like the July 31st deadline originate anywhere but with the players reprasentatives. It wouldn't benefit the club to reveal that in any way.

Yes, he said on his Twitter account that his people were working on a new deal to stay at the club. A couple of weeks ago this was. He's not made any noises himself about leaving.

Yes, he said on his Twitter account that his people were working on a new deal to stay at the club. A couple of weeks ago this was. He's not made any noises himself about leaving.

What an absolute funt! ( thank you Charlie brooker) clearly wants away

Just like Barton last year in that regard. And Carroll the year before.

No-one is saying he's going for sure, but he's clearly one of the most likely to go, irrespective of how quiet he reamaims.

He might want to stay if Chelsea and spurs won't make a substantially better personal offer than NUFC, why would he shit where he eats?

Just like Barton last year in that regard. And Carroll the year before.

No-one is saying he's going for sure, but he's clearly one of the most likely to go, irrespective of how quiet he reamaims.

He might want to stay if Chelsea and spurs won't make a substantially better personal offer than NUFC, why would he shit where he eats?

That could apply to all of our players, the only people who have been quoted that he has this release clause are Harry redknapp and David gold neither of whom I would trust as far as Shane ferguson could throw them especially since neither has any good reason to know the fine details of an nufc players contract.

We don't even know who Bas agent actually is, he's already had one bloke linking him to man u this season who turned out not to actually represent him

Fwiw I've never said you were one of the ones resigned to him going hf. The ones that are need to have a word with themselves though especially the ones who are saying "ah he's not that good don't care if he leaves"

Im not insistent on burying my head in the sand at all

the assumption that hes definitely off and the "oh well hes not that good anyway" attitude is just bugging me, its like you can't escape the pessimism sometimes despite the excellent season we just had and the fact the same people who are now saying we won't miss Ba were creaming over him til we signed Cisse is just irritating.

fair enough is Pardew has said there is a clause, has he said how much its for? when its active? all these things that are constantly speculated over and, for some reason, taken as gospel despite no credible sources stating them.

the assumption that a "one out one in policy" (as seen earlier on with simpson) will work just fine, essentially leaving us with 3 forwards for an entire season of playing a formation with 3 forwards annoys me as well despite the fact we clearly need to expand the squad since its is really lacking in depth in most areas.

What does it matter that these things are speculated over? There IS a clause, it's been confirmed by the manager. Two posts ago you were disputing it even existed, but now you want to haggle over the other details. Pardew also admitted that they are trying to renegotiate Ba's deal to keep him at the club.

Given that someone knew enough to know there was a clause, and the club have since had to concede that, is it not also likely that the details that have surfaced concerning that clause also have some basis in truth? 7.5m is the number that's in the public domain. There's now speculation that the clause is open for a two month window. I mean it's unlikely that someone is just making this stuff up. Far more likely that they are being fed details by someone who knows the ins and outs of his contract and wants to make some cash out of their client.

Obviously we're better off keeping him, and the people saying we're not are either on the wind up or knobheads, but it's a bit daft at this stage to be quibbling over the clause and whether his agent has a vested interest in making as many of the details as possible available to the market.

What does it matter that these things are speculated over? There IS a clause, it's been confirmed by the manager. Two posts ago you were disputing it even existed, but now you want to haggle over the other details. Pardew also admitted that they are trying to renegotiate Ba's deal to keep him at the club.

Given that someone knew enough to know there was a clause, and the club have since had to concede that, is it not also likely that the details that have surfaced concerning that clause also have some basis in truth? 7.5m is the number that's in the public domain. There's now speculation that the clause is open for a two month window. I mean it's unlikely that someone is just making this stuff up. Far more likely that they are being fed details by someone who knows the ins and outs of his contract and wants to make some cash out of their client.

Obviously we're better off keeping him, and the people saying we're not are either on the wind up or knobheads, but it's a bit daft at this stage to be quibbling over the clause and whether his agent has a vested interest in making as many of the details as possible available to the market.

good grief, altering my viewpoint when something I didn't know comes up? whoda thunk it. I didnt know pardew had admitted to there being a clause but since he has I can hardly say otherwise now can I? the details of it are still anyones guess though, the figure in the public domain doesn't mean all that much, didnt we sign cisse for 10 million pounds according to everyone until it was said we signed him for 8?

who is his agent? serious question.

Well if you're not informed enough on the matter to know that the manager has confirmed the existence of the clause, you should probably be a bit less vocal in decrying the views of the people that are. :razz:

I have no idea who his agent is. But I know he has one, and I know that it is in that man's best interest that his client moves on this summer, and that a good way of ensuring this happens is making public the finer details of his client's release clause. Hence the stuff we are seeing in the papers.