Tooj

Meck? Is that a mackemism?

either way the actual word "make" is the same number of letters and would take no more time to type

When I saw Galatasaray mentioned, the first thing I thought of was this:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVT-NK_c6LU[/media]

He went to manage Galatasaray in Turkey in June 1995, and again managed to court controversy with local issues – nearly sparking a riot after placing a large Galatasaray flag into the centre circle of the pitch of arch rivals Fenerbahçe after Galatasaray had beaten them in the Turkish Cup final on 24 April 1996. The iconic image of the victor planting the flag drew comparisons with Turkish hero Ulubatli Hasan, who was killed as he planted the Ottoman flag at the end of the Siege of Constantinople. This earned Souness the nickname 'Ulubatlı Souness'.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Meanwhile all of the decent replacements are being snapped up by other clubs. I'd give him a week to sign a new contract or put him on the transfer list and sign a replacement anyway. He can fuck off if he thinks he's going to have us over a barrel whilst his agents hawk him for as much money as they can. Wetook him out of the championship with a dodgy knee when nee other fucker would sign off on his medical.

This whole 'he's been pushed out wide and hates it ' thing is bollocks too. He's hardly asked to hug the touchline, he's in and around the box for almost every cross and every set piece and is still on penalties. The reason he hasn't scored for 15 games or whatever is because he couldn't finish his dinner before the end of the season. Misses penalties, scuffed shots, shots of the posts and crossbar. Cisse just found himself in better positions and took his chances like BA did before Xmas.

Edited by J69

I wonder if this is all paper talk to be honest. Pardew was on the BBC the other day and said he knew nothing about it when asked by Lineker. I wouldn't be too fussed if he left but I don't think he will go.

If he goes, let this be the last time anyone has the wool pulled over their eyes about how a player isn't driven by money. We've had to listen to Pardew tell us that this bloke is a spiritual man who prefers cuddles and unicorns to money, and it's all bollocks.

People seem to have the same idea in their head about Ben Arfa. It's horseshit.

If he goes, let this be the last time anyone has the wool pulled over their eyes about how a player isn't driven by money. We've had to listen to Pardew tell us that this bloke is a spiritual man who prefers cuddles and unicorns to money, and it's all bollocks.

People seem to have the same idea in their head about Ben Arfa. It's horseshit.

You're not wrong. I won't criticise him unless it actually goes ahead mind.

DEMBA Ba has told of his joy at his first season at Newcastle United – but the striker stopped short of committing his future to the club.

Ba is the player who manager Alan Pardew fears losing most this summer

And this week the 27-year-old – who has a £7m release clause in his contract – was linked with a move to Galatasary.

A report on French radio yesterday suggested Ba’s agents are already in talks with the Turkish club.

Newcastle, however, are yet to receive a bid for Ba, who netted 16 goals last term.

The striker’s younger brother, Hamady, posted an interview of Ba online yesterday, in which the Senegal international reflected positively on his first 12 months at St James’s Park.

“The season has been very great for the club and the whole city,” said Ba.

“For me personally, I had a very good season.

“I scored 16 goals in half a season. It was very good. We play in the Europa League next season, so we’re very happy.

“The Premier League, for me, is probably the best league in the world.

“Nobody expected us to do so good. At the end we were there in fifth place, and it was absolutely amazing.

“I have to say these fans are just amazing.

“The best fans I’ve seen, and the best stadium I’ve played in so far.

“I just want to thank them for a great season.

Ba – who signed a three-year contract last summer when he joined on a free transfer – could have used the interview to reiterate his commitment to Newcastle in the wake of repeated speculation.

However, maybe tellingly, the former West Ham United player didn’t talk about his future.

Meanwhile, Chelsea have been linked with a move for United target Mathieu Debuchy.

The Lille defender, a close friend of Yohan Cabaye, has impressed playing for France at Euro 2012.

Edited by ewerk

Hopefully he will stay as he has been excellent, and he and Cisse have the makings of being our best strike partnership since Shearer and Sir Les, however it doesn't look that good atm. I hope though the fact he loves the city and has a gd rapport with the fans will keep him here, the fact we are in europe should help to. I dont think though he enjoyed playing out wide in the 2nd half of the season, to his credit he did it without moaning but Im pretty sure inside he would have been a bit peeved off about it. I do wish the club had tied him down on a new improved contract and got rid of the release clause, the only positive about that is its supposed to be a bit complicated so hopefully that will work in the toons favour. It would be fantastic if he stayed as he was a massive hit at the club.

Mainbly about de Jong, but figured I'd pop it in here, for ease.

NEWCASTLE United are growing increasingly confident of keeping Demba Ba on Tyneside - and want him to form part of a new look strike force with Luuk de Jong next season.

Fancy a Bet? Free £25 Bet with Blue Square

United have tabled an offer of around £8million for de Jong – a bid that falls far short of FC Twente’s valuation of the forward. The Journal understands they have told interested parties they want £15million for the Holland striker, and hope to spark a bidding war.

A senior United source claimed the club are ready for hard negotiations with the Dutch side and will bid again, but that doesn’t mean the end for Ba in a Newcastle shirt.

United want to keep the Senegal striker and sounded a bullish note on Tuesday, with senior sources claiming the striker is going nowhere.

The club’s optimism is probably based on the surfeit of clubs that have been prepared to follow up initial interest in Ba, who has been offered to top clubs across the Continent by representatives working on his behalf.

Tottenham had a firm interest that ended with the departure of Harry Redknapp while Galatasaray publicly distanced themselves with a move for the forward over the weekend. There are options in the Middle East for the striker but he is understood to want to stay in a major league – and has told those close to him that he wants the uncertainty resolved by the time he returns for pre-season training.

United know that they can take nothing for granted and remain concerned about the possibility of losing him. But have been strong hints from figures at a high level at St James’ Park that he may yet be persuaded to stay.

If he does, there is the possibility of United having three international forwards to pick from next season after they formalised a long-standing interest in Twente’s de Jong.

He is understood to be in favour of a move to Tyneside but sources close to the deal said there was still a long way to go before Newcastle clinched the transfer.

It'll be interesting to see how Pardew fits Ben Arfa in if we hang onto Ba and get De Jong.

If everybody is on form, I'd start with Cisse, HBA and Ba, bringing De Jong on as sub at the start of the season. Then, when DembaDemba are away start de Jong and HBA and A.N.Other.

If everybody is on form, I'd start with Cisse, HBA and Ba, bringing De Jong on as sub at the start of the season. Then, when DembaDemba are away start de Jong and HBA and A.N.Other.

Marveaux or Ferguson, I'd guess. I actually think Obertan might be canny wide left, cutting back in and attempting some crosses.

Marveaux or Ferguson, I'd guess. I actually think Obertan might be canny wide left, cutting back in and attempting some crosses.

Can't be any worse than he was on the right.

;)

I wonder if this is all paper talk to be honest. Pardew was on the BBC the other day and said he knew nothing about it when asked by Lineker. I wouldn't be too fussed if he left but I don't think he will go.

losing Ba would be a blow, but how the club react is what is important.

Slightly changing tack, players move for monetary and ambition reasons, if someone offers him or anyone else more money and better prospects, people move jobs. Thats the way it is for everyone in life.