Tooj

Well if you're not informed enough on the matter to know that the manager has confirmed the existence of the clause, you should probably be a bit less vocal in decrying the views of the people that are. :razz:

I have no idea who his agent is. But I know he has one, and I know that it is in that man's best interest that his client moves on this summer, and that a good way of ensuring this happens is making public the finer details of his client's release clause. Hence the stuff we are seeing in the papers.

I thought he had a couple of representatives

Love that bike. One of the main things for me is that Demba Ba seems like an absolutely quality bloke. I'd be disappointed if he left though I do think he is the most expendable of our key players.

ALSO, I think it's important to remember that £7.5m would be a travesty. Our policy is to sell on for a huge profit, and while this owuld be a profit I would imagine Big Mike knows it's lower than his value. I can't see Ashley / Llambiarse wanting any move for that amount t ogo through and I'm sure they'll fight to make sure he doesn't leave under this clause.

If Ba goes he'll need replacing and we'll do very, very well to replace him like-for-like for £7.5m.

The club needs at least two quality strikers (and Shola), it's as simple as that. Cisse is an incredible talent but we can't rely on him alone, just like we couldn't rely on Ba aloe which led to Cisse joining us.

Testimonial next summer it is then unless he signs a new one. Solano could only dream about having the attendance Shola will attract at his testimonial.

45 minutes of "Woah Shola Ameobi" and if Sammy doesn't play there'll be Hell on.

On the Shola, he's turned into a handy sub off the bench. Frustrating as hell, and injury plagued but has somehow endeared himself despite having a shoddy league goal scoring record.

On Demba Ba, we should do all we can within reason to keep him. Letting him go for 7-7.5M whilst a reasonable bit of business would hurt the squad. I'd say him beeing here will help Papiss Cisse and realistically I don't think we'd replace him with someone as good for that price. He is a hot and cold player though as we've seen, started very cold, went very hot and then cooled off to warm in the latter part of the season. Ultimately another capable striking/winger option might help to keep him fresh and on the goal scoring sheet.

If we can't keep him, then we can't keep him. There would have to be some contingency players that could be brought in, just hope that it's sorted well before the season starts.

• 2 weeks later...

a quick google of demba ba galatasaray shows "turkish-football.com" and "not606" at the top results with RTG a little further down