Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if he will be the new Laurent Robert. I certainly miss those early 2000's.

He may be even better. :lol:

Aye and he most probably will be alot fucking worse. You don't half post some shite CT; so now Marveaux is the new Laurent Robert then? based on one good game in the reserves, you just don't have a clue do you? Mug.

Maybe I've missed something, but why does everyone think he'll be so bad?

Personally I hope he will bloody marvellous, but as he has been somewhat of an injury prone knacker (Long term lay off's with Hamstring then later Groin problems) I will reserve my judgement until he has played a decent amount of football ; not just one reserve game. I think most people are the same apart from a few Mugs.

I wonder if he will be the new Laurent Robert. I certainly miss those early 2000's.

Aye and he most probably will be alot fucking worse. You don't half post some shite CT; so now Marveaux is the new Laurent Robert then? based on one good game in the reserves, you just don't have a clue do you? Mug.

One for the predictions thread :D:lol:

There are a few which seem to follow this trend. What annoys me is people thinking this guy should just walk into the first team based on nothing. I didn't think he looked that impressive against a League 1 side tbh. Isn't about ten months since he played a proper game?

There are a few which seem to follow this trend. What annoys me is people thinking this guy should just walk into the first team based on nothing. I didn't think he looked that impressive against a League 1 side tbh. Isn't about ten months since he played a proper game?

Dont Worry, you'll be drooling over him by Christmas #Prediction :D

Dont Worry, you'll be drooling over him by Christmas #Prediction :D

Based on what!!! Nothing. YouTube does not count.

The new Pancrate, more like.

I really wouldn't be surprised.

Of all our new signings Marveaux is the one morons are jizzing over based on YouTube (nothing)

Tbh, I don't mind the signing but aye, you're pretty much spot on there.

He may be even better. :D

Dont Worry, you'll be drooling over him by Christmas #Prediction :lol:

His form up until the last year

The evidence of his style of play on You Tube

The way Beardsley and the journos were Jizzing about him after his reserve game

The fact he was on the verge of signing at Liverpool

The glimpses of skill that he showed against Scunny

A bit more than "nothing" in his favour. :lol:

Why does Youtube not count anyway? Does MOTD on saturday night not count either? Essentially the same thing.

Assuming it was that player to watch one, it doesn't count for a lot. Seeing highlights on MOTD would give you a better idea, seeing the whole game live more so, watching him in the flesh more again. You could glean virtually nothing from the clip I've seen though. This is a bit daft though, isn't it? It essentially boils down to CT making the claim he could be better than Robert for us. The clear argument against being that he's on about somebody you can pretty much guarantee he's knows fuck all about :lol:

Demba Ba looked canny for West Ham. I can't say the same here so far, in fact he couldn't get in ahead of a Lovenkrands Best front two.

It's what he does now not then that matters.

Demba Ba looked canny for West Ham. I can't say the same here so far, in fact he couldn't get in ahead of a Lovenkrands Best front two.

It's what he does now not then that matters.

Demba Ba meets none of the points I highlighted above.

There's no point in discussing football matters with him tbh. It's essentially an exercise in wummery / boredom abatement for him and nothing more.

Why does Youtube not count anyway? Does MOTD on saturday night not count either? Essentially the same thing.

Assuming it was that player to watch one, it doesn't count for a lot. Seeing highlights on MOTD would give you a better idea, seeing the whole game live more so, watching him in the flesh more again. You could glean virtually nothing from the clip I've seen though. This is a bit daft though, isn't it? It essentially boils down to CT making the claim he could be better than Robert for us. The clear argument against being that he's on about somebody you can pretty much guarantee he's knows fuck all about :lol:

It was a general comment not related to Marveaux. Whole game and in the flesh agreed but if its only limited highlights you can't really say its much different. It doesnt matter where you see a player, if you see examples of his technique, close control etc it doesnt really matter it still 'counts', just not as much as whole games and in the flesh. The idea that footage uploaded to a particular website is inadmissable evidence seems a bit odd. Doesnt count for much but it still counts.

It was a general comment not related to Marveaux. Whole game and in the flesh agreed but if its only limited highlights you can't really say its much different. It doesnt matter where you see a player, if you see examples of his technique, close control etc it doesnt really matter it still 'counts', just not as much as whole games and in the flesh. The idea that footage uploaded to a particular website is inadmissable evidence seems a bit odd. Doesnt count for much but it still counts.

Don't think 2bias meant 'nothing' literally tbf, more like what you say, i.e. it counts for very little. You tend to find out more about a player from watching him on MOTD a few times than a compilation though, imo. Especially the compilation I saw. If there's another one out there where he's banging them in from 35 yards and whipping great crosses in though I'll concede the Robert comparison has some merit.

Edited by alex

There's no point in discussing football matters with him tbh. It's essentially an exercise in wummery / boredom abatement for him and nothing more.

Indeed keep letting myself slip and replying, thinking just maybe something will sink in, never does though.

Think I made that mistake about an hour ago.

His form up until the last year < read form wikipedia

The evidence of his style of play on You Tube < youtube? X I S C O

The way Beardsley and the journos were Jizzing about him after his reserve game < Beardsley the company man?

The fact he was on the verge of signing at Liverpool < they paid 35m for carroll and 20m for Henderson

The glimpses of skill that he showed against Scunny < the league 1 side that took us to extra time?

See bold bits

not that i'm saying he's shite, but your reasoning is silly

Im sorry like, but my reasoning is better than your anti reasoning :D

It doesnt take a PHD in european football to understand that until a year or so ago, this lad was shit hot (according to lots of sources)

While youtube is no way definitive, it still lets you have a look at a players style of play. (You used it yourself yesterday to highlight Santons weaknesses at left back)

The Beardsley point is daft. He made two, scored one and hugely impressed all who saw.

Was still on verge of signing several weeks ago having impressed their scouts etc.

The scunny game was a tough game, but he did show glimpses (even though he was far from match fit) of the skill he has.

The point is without either of us being pedantic, this lad has a lot going in his favour and IMO (brain size of pea disclaimer etc etc) he will be fantastic for us.

Demba Ba meets none of the points I highlighted above.

Asides from having nearly a 1in2 goal ratio for every club he's been at and in a few different leagues?, i'd say that meets your very first point

Apart from that, what have the romans........