Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

.............Cisse

.Ba....................Ben Arfa

...Marveaux....Cabaye

..............Tiote

I like. :yes

So Jonas, one of most hard working players, is dropped for Marvaux and BA is played on the left of a front 3, is that right?

Found it a bit strange meself. Thought Marveux was a winger? Anyway until we shift Santon to the right and get a proper left-back I don't see how you can leave Jonas out.

A post worthy of Deano that one like

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Waste of wages so far, save him for the pre season and get him back to a proper level of fitness.

I agree we shouldn't rush him back. We didn't with Ben Arfa last season and that paid off. Lets hope this injury will be the last.

it would be canny if Marveaux can come in and be a quality player in the wide right or left position, which means the club can concentrate on signing a quality left back, central defender and a striker.

We have Ben Arfa and Jonas, but there is nothing wrong with strength in depth, especially if you want to progress and we qualify for europe, in fact it's essential.

Edited by LeazesMag

it would be canny if Marveaux can come in and be a quality player in the wide right or left position, which means the club can concentrate on signing a quality left back, central defender and a striker.

We have Ben Arfa and Jonas, but there is nothing wrong with strength in depth, especially if you want to progress and we qualify for europe, in fact it's essential.

Aye - if he can come back and actually stay fit then he definitely showed flashes of ability to make a positive contribution for us.

We've been linked to a number of young strikers with potential like Rodriguez/Rhodes/Moses etc. Definitely would be a decent addition but we're desperately in need of first team CB and LB so Santon can be switched to the right.

Ideally we'd have about 4 players coming in to bolster the squad - 2CBS, a LB and a striker to cover the loss of DembaDemba in January (to the ACN that is).

I can see us losing up to 6-9 players this summer (Squad/not up to standard players). If we get into europe we need decent squad depth.

Really? Who?

I can see us losing up to 6-9 players this summer (Squad/not up to standard players). If we get into europe we need decent squad depth.

Really? Who?

Alan Smith, Xisco, Peter Lovenkrands, Tamas Kadar, Fraser Forster, Nile Ranger, Danny Simpson, Leon Best.

Ok only 8 but I think we could see if not all, most of them going.

Guest CabayeAye

Really? Who?

Alan Smith, Xisco, Peter Lovenkrands, Tamas Kadar, Fraser Forster, Nile Ranger, Danny Simpson, Leon Best.

Players who we won't miss:

Smith

Xisco

Harper

Lovenkrands

Ranger

Best

These players shouldn't be anywhere near our squad. If they are playing, we have messed up over the summer. They don't add depth to our squad at all, and are just a waste of wages. I'd rather we blooded youngsters than played this standard of player.

Players who we won't miss:

Smith

Xisco

Harper

Lovenkrands

Ranger

Best

These players shouldn't be anywhere near our squad. If they are playing, we have messed up over the summer. They don't add depth to our squad at all, and are just a waste of wages. I'd rather we blooded youngsters than played this standard of player.

Forgot about Harper. Those players there must contribute a good 200k a week onto the wage bill. There not good enough at all.

why Simpson and Best?

Simpsons played every PL game for us this season, the only people on about him going that Ive seen are fans anticipating a new RB and him being unhappy with staying if we do

Best had started 16 games til he got injured, Pardew likes him and hes going to be happy as a squad player here