Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

Why does Youtube not count anyway? Does MOTD on saturday night not count either? Essentially the same thing.

Assuming it was that player to watch one, it doesn't count for a lot. Seeing highlights on MOTD would give you a better idea, seeing the whole game live more so, watching him in the flesh more again. You could glean virtually nothing from the clip I've seen though. This is a bit daft though, isn't it? It essentially boils down to CT making the claim he could be better than Robert for us. The clear argument against being that he's on about somebody you can pretty much guarantee he's knows fuck all about :lol:

It was a general comment not related to Marveaux. Whole game and in the flesh agreed but if its only limited highlights you can't really say its much different. It doesnt matter where you see a player, if you see examples of his technique, close control etc it doesnt really matter it still 'counts', just not as much as whole games and in the flesh. The idea that footage uploaded to a particular website is inadmissable evidence seems a bit odd. Doesnt count for much but it still counts.

Don't think 2bias meant 'nothing' literally tbf, more like what you say, i.e. it counts for very little. You tend to find out more about a player from watching him on MOTD a few times than a compilation though, imo. Especially the compilation I saw. If there's another one out there where he's banging them in from 35 yards and whipping great crosses in though I'll concede the Robert comparison has some merit.

It just baffles me where you get all this from CT and your not the only one. Surely if he is as good as you say he would of had a call up by now, granted he has been injured the last year or so but before? If you were some ligue 1 guru then fair enough I could accept what you say about him but my guess is you aren't :D

Fuck it your prediction is going in my signature.

:lol:

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Youtube not count anyway? Does MOTD on saturday night not count either? Essentially the same thing.

Assuming it was that player to watch one, it doesn't count for a lot. Seeing highlights on MOTD would give you a better idea, seeing the whole game live more so, watching him in the flesh more again. You could glean virtually nothing from the clip I've seen though. This is a bit daft though, isn't it? It essentially boils down to CT making the claim he could be better than Robert for us. The clear argument against being that he's on about somebody you can pretty much guarantee he's knows fuck all about :lol:

It was a general comment not related to Marveaux. Whole game and in the flesh agreed but if its only limited highlights you can't really say its much different. It doesnt matter where you see a player, if you see examples of his technique, close control etc it doesnt really matter it still 'counts', just not as much as whole games and in the flesh. The idea that footage uploaded to a particular website is inadmissable evidence seems a bit odd. Doesnt count for much but it still counts.

Don't think 2bias meant 'nothing' literally tbf, more like what you say, i.e. it counts for very little. You tend to find out more about a player from watching him on MOTD a few times than a compilation though, imo. Especially the compilation I saw. If there's another one out there where he's banging them in from 35 yards and whipping great crosses in though I'll concede the Robert comparison has some merit.

It just baffles me where you get all this from CT and your not the only one. Surely if he is as good as you say he would of had a call up by now, granted he has been injured the last year or so but before? If you were some ligue 1 guru then fair enough I could accept what you say about him but my guess is you aren't :D

Fuck it your prediction is going in my signature.

:)

Which bit didnt you understand in the five or six points listed?????

Can I suggest you do a bit of your own research on the player then come back and tell us what YOU think :lol:

And if you need to guess about me being a ligue 1 guru then you need to pay more attention

His form up until the last year < read form wikipedia

The evidence of his style of play on You Tube < youtube? X I S C O

The way Beardsley and the journos were Jizzing about him after his reserve game < Beardsley the company man?

The fact he was on the verge of signing at Liverpool < they paid 35m for carroll and 20m for Henderson

The glimpses of skill that he showed against Scunny < the league 1 side that took us to extra time?

A bit more than "nothing" in his favour. :lol:

See bold bits

not that i'm saying he's shite, but your reasoning is silly

Im sorry like, but my reasoning is better than your anti reasoning :D

It doesnt take a PHD in european football to understand that until a year or so ago, this lad was shit hot (according to lots of sources)

While youtube is no way definitive, it still lets you have a look at a players style of play. (You used it yourself yesterday to highlight Santons weaknesses at left back)

The Beardsley point is daft. He made two, scored one and hugely impressed all who saw.

Was still on verge of signing several weeks ago having impressed their scouts etc.

The scunny game was a tough game, but he did show glimpses (even though he was far from match fit) of the skill he has.

The point is without either of us being pedantic, this lad has a lot going in his favour and IMO (brain size of pea disclaimer etc etc) he will be fantastic for us.

If he was so shit hot why didn't he get a call up?

Beardsley is hardly going to come out an criticise a player is he :lol: he could of played awful and Im pretty sure he would of said the same thing or along those lines.

CT I am sure that all of us want Marveaux to be a great success at Newcastle, the same as we would want any player to do well. Thing is only you come out with childish predictions based on very little.

In Marveaux's case 1 reserve game, "glimpses of skill" against Scunthorpe ffs and the fact that Dalglish was going to sign him (The same Dalglish that brought Des Hamiliton (£2M), Stephane Guivarch (£3.5M) Brian Pinas, David Terrier and of course the pensioners of Ian Rush and John Barnes). All you are doing is making youself look like a prize Mug. However judging by the number of sensible posters that have already pointed this fact out to you I can only presume you get some perverse enjoyment out being told you are an arsehole.

I seem to remember that your kids read this site as well, I bet they are so proud of you mate.

Edited by Ollie Burtons Grandad

• 3 weeks later...
The daft twat at work this morning is raving about him. Basically reckons they've got a £10m "top four" player for nowt. Has anyone seen much of him? Looked shite in their televised game I saw a few weeks ago.

Pointed out to him that the only thing he has similar to a top four player is Hargreaves injury record.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.ph...0#ixzz1YaeazRp4

<_< smb-bingo

I love how most of them dismiss anything any 'mag' says instantly, just as a reflex, no matter how little they know about the subject.

<_< 'Looked wank in the 2 minute cameo he made after coming off an injury so he's obviously shite'

• 1 month later...

What actually happened for him to get injured?I was too far away in the Gallowgate and it just looked like a tangle of legs when the Everton player was trying to stop the counter-attack.

Heitinga was caught in posession and Marveaux went on a break. He was never going to catch the ball, so he went to trip Marveaux that was a bit clumsy.

It would appear you are much mistaken.

It looks like Liverpool's medical team seem to know what they are doing after all.

Not like you to put a negative spin on every matter to do with the club, Sniffer.

Nice try.

I was under the impression he failed a medical at Liverpool. Depending on who you believe, of course, as there's a bit of the he said, she said.

Either way, they dodged a bullet and we got a crock.

He said that he didn't fail the medical.

They said he didn't fail the medical.

Where's the confusion?

I was under the impression he failed a medical at Liverpool. Depending on who you believe, of course, as there's a bit of the he said, she said.

Either way, they dodged a bullet and we got a crock.

He said that he didn't fail the medical.

They said he didn't fail the medical.

Where's the confusion?

That's not what was reported at the time so who knows the truth? Either way, he had groin issues then, he has major groin issues now which are clearly related injuries. I'd say something went down that wasn't just a contract issue.

I bet we don't see him much this season, unfortunately.