Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

Went to My Delhi in the end. Dishoom-level quality curry. I was impressed. Can see them turning it into a nationwide chain 

• Like 1

On 01/04/2024 at 10:34, Dr Gloom said:

anyone been here? 

https://www.restaurantrebel.co.uk/

looks quite fancy. fine dining in heaton - who knew?

That's not the only fine dining in Heaton , though the other one I found a bit wanky - NEST on chillingham road.

Never been to My Delhi - how was it?

I know I'm late to the show - but in case someone searches.

I'm getting fatter year on year and here's my top £££'s ones:

House of Tides (taster menu) -swing bridge
Peace and Loaf (taster menu some nights "normal menus on others") - jesmond
Rio (cheaper but still expensive, if you booze) - jesmond one has marginally better food imo because its busier so you get more choice - but the quayside one is proper lush too.
Cafe Andaluz (town) - cheaper on theatre nights, they dont ask to see tickets if you take the pre-theatre option.

££'s 
Lezzet (Benfield Road / Four Lane Ends)
Broad Chare (really nice , pub food with a posh edge)

£'s
Nudo Noodle House near pink lane (not the chain) Great  sushi and oriental food at a great price

They are my go to places the £££'s ones are really top imo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Greek gaff’s in the city centre please gents - Mrs, Jnr, and I  are getting our Soutzoukakia on this Saturday. 

We went to Kafeneon on the Bigg Market before Sam Fender last year. It was lush

• Like 1

What about their mortal enemies, Red Mezze? Greeks and Turks are like the Vulcans and Romulans, hate each other but the food is similar enough isn't it? 

• Haha 1

Acropolis Street Food in the Grainger Market is lush. Whichever option you go for though, make sure you tell them their food is exactly the same as Turkish/Greek (as applicable). They’ll absolutely love you for it 👍🏻

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Renton said:

What about their mortal enemies, Red Mezze? Greeks and Turks are like the Vulcans and Romulans, hate each other but the food is similar enough isn't it? 

I’m trying to convince the little shite that Lezzet is Greek, but he’s digging his heels in on the Greek thing. 
Stubborn wee feck. :lol:

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m trying to convince the little shite that Lezzet is Greek, but he’s digging his heels in on the Greek thing. 
Stubborn wee feck:lol:

Can't think where he got that from. :smile:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Ended up going to Paros on Chilli Road- very nice cafe/restaurant gaff. 

Also bumped in some old friends who came in just after us…

tenor.gif

We've been fancying going there for a while and haven't got around to it. I'll have to change that. Has it got an easily accessible bog on the ground floor? (The wife struggles with stairs). 

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

We've been fancying going there for a while and haven't got around to it. I'll have to change that. Has it got an easily accessible bog on the ground floor? (The wife struggles with stairs). 

It has mate, it’s all ground floor. 

I really liked it- laid back atmosphere, very nice food. 

Three starters, three mains and a couple of drinks each came to around £80, which was very reasonable for the quality. 

Definitely one we’ll be going back to. 

• Thanks 1