Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

Because he isn't, try Aiden McGeady for a start.

A fancy dan winger who can't cross the ball. Maloney is a better player, his problem at Celtic was injuries, technically he's a fantastic player. Martinez went over the top saying he could play for Barcelona, but he's very good when fit.

There's not a great deal of quality in their team beyond Wanyama. Most of the rest are average championship players like Commons. They had a great champions league campaign which came about through hard work and team spirit. They just don't have anywhere near the quality to really compete though.

Scottish football needs a shake up like. I know people go on about our PL being a 2 or 3 horse race but it's far too predictable up there. Celtic will meander on to successive bored title wins until Rangers get back up after pissing each league by about 30 points. Controversially, I would put Scottish football back to basics and put an American style system in place. Wage caps, a draft, maybe bring back a 3 foreigner rule. It needs it, big style.

Scottish football needs a shake up like. I know people go on about our PL being a 2 or 3 horse race but it's far too predictable up there. Celtic will meander on to successive bored title wins until Rangers get back up after pissing each league by about 30 points. Controversially, I would put Scottish football back to basics and put an American style system in place. Wage caps, a draft, maybe bring back a 3 foreigner rule. It needs it, big style.

Always seen revenue sharing as a solution over there. Celtic gain so much money from having a fan base that covers all of Scotland (and some abroad too) and itd only be fair if the teams who have potential supporters stolen gain some money back. All SPL revenue goes into a pot and is divided by 12. European revenues are for the respective clubs to keep but other than that all sharing. Someone buying a Celtic shirt in Paisley would still help fund St. Mirren.

Good piece interviewing Willie Donachie about Paul Dummet and Conor Newton, theyre playing at Hampden this weekend for St Mirren v Hearts in what may have been called the Scottish League Cup final in old money...good luck lads :)

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/dummett-and-newton-are-earning-their-stripes.20478286

Toonpack will be looking for a Hearts win no doubt, the plastic Jambo fucker :glare:

Always seen revenue sharing as a solution over there. Celtic gain so much money from having a fan base that covers all of Scotland (and some abroad too) and itd only be fair if the teams who have potential supporters stolen gain some money back. All SPL revenue goes into a pot and is divided by 12. European revenues are for the respective clubs to keep but other than that all sharing. Someone buying a Celtic shirt in Paisley would still help fund St. Mirren.

See the media and every jock you ever come across rams it down everyones throat that Celtic and Rangers are these massive clubs. They're not and they never will be. You have the odd fan in Ireland and USA who support the club for no other reason that they're associated with Irish republicanism and catholicism. It's a load of bollocks though. If you take away Sky money, Celtic nor Rangers don't make more money than Newcastle commercially, and we don't have to tell lies about worldwide fanbases. No one cares about these two clubs, and irrespective what anyone says 99.9% of English people would never support a Scottish team because lets be honest for every kid like Scottishmag, there are 10 wanks up there, and he'd admit it himself. Unbelievable chips on their shoulders, "aww geordies are awrite cos er fuck aww like the rest of England". Heard that loads of times. There's loads of Scottish people I've met and liked, but the cuntish ones are as thick and bigoted as anyone you will ever come across and I don't care who disagrees with me. Anyway back to the point, Celtic and Rangers are no bigger than Newcastle United by ANY definition, never have been and never will be. They believe they are global institutions like Man Utd, they shouldn't even been mentioned in the same breath. I'd love to see both of them play in the English leagues because they'd get shown up for what they are.

I see they're tinkering with the new league structure again and asking Celtic and Rangers to put in 'Colts' teams, like Barca B and Real Madrid B teams in the Spanish 2nd division. Seems to me that they're doing it in the hope it would boost attendances in the lower divisions whenever one of these teams were playing, ie the locals will come out to watch Celtic reserves.

Another interesting point is that it's being done as a back up as they think Celtic and Rangers will enventually leave Scottish football. Where do they think they're going like? They won't be allowed into the English system, so I don't understand where they think they're off to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21763900

I see they're tinkering with the new league structure again and asking Celtic and Rangers to put in 'Colts' teams, like Barca B and Real Madrid B teams in the Spanish 2nd division. Seems to me that they're doing it in the hope it would boost attendances in the lower divisions whenever one of these teams were playing, ie the locals will come out to watch Celtic reserves.

Another interesting point is that it's being done as a back up as they think Celtic and Rangers will enventually leave Scottish football. Where do they think they're going like? They won't be allowed into the English system, so I don't understand where they think they're off to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21763900

See I think you're right about that, the clubs would resist it, but tv and those who advertise on tv would love it, and at the end of the day its their money the clubs eventually get. If they can apply enough pressure etc...how many Scots who havent got a sky box or got rid of it would get a new subscription if they were going to be able to watch Cetic v manu or Ranger v Liverpool?...

Commercially for the TV companies then the first 2 seasons of it would be hyped up to the eyeballs. There is a FIFA regulation at the moment that forbids cross border leagues so it would be illegal for either of them to play in the English League. However, I'm sure I read something a while back that said they would use the fact that FIFA had allowed Belgium and Holland to have a combined womans league thus going against their own rule.

I think if Sky and their advertisers "lobbied" Fifa hard enough theyd get their way....worked for Qatar, which a far more fuckin ludicrous situation than a cross border league. Sky have few avenues left in this country (or Europe as a whole I imagine) in which to grow their business, not sure if Scotland's 5-6mill is worth them growing into so that might stop it. One things for sure, tv will decide if it happens iyam.

Good piece interviewing Willie Donachie about Paul Dummet and Conor Newton, theyre playing at Hampden this weekend for St Mirren v Hearts in what may have been called the Scottish League Cup final in old money...good luck lads :)

http://www.heraldsco...tripes.20478286

Toonpack will be looking for a Hearts win no doubt, the plastic Jambo fucker :glare:

Indeed :bag_on_head:

Couldn't want St Liedown to win owt, ever !! Especially against the Jambo's, who had a fab WAAAY over the line, goal against, not given in the Hibee derby :D

I see that as a solution everywhere to be fair, including Euro cash.

I see that as a solution everywhere to be fair, including Euro cash.

Surely every club has a right to earn money and improve themselves through success though? If you split everything where would that come from. There has to be some element of prize money left in.

http://www.heraldsco...tripes.20478286

Willie Donachie's words don't sound to promising for them ever making it back here like!

Surely every club has a right to earn money and improve themselves through success though? If you split everything where would that come from. There has to be some element of prize money left in.

He's a right wing communist.

Commercially for the TV companies then the first 2 seasons of it would be hyped up to the eyeballs. There is a FIFA regulation at the moment that forbids cross border leagues so it would be illegal for either of them to play in the English League. However, I'm sure I read something a while back that said they would use the fact that FIFA had allowed Belgium and Holland to have a combined womans league thus going against their own rule.

MLS?