Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

As true as that is he's guaranteed to be playing against 2/3 proper european world class teams every year, in much better competition than England can produce as it stands currently.

The English game is in a slow decline and it is for the whole world to see. People say that it's great that it's the most competitive league at current but I put that down to this:

The teams in it are just as bad or good as each other, whatever way you wish to look at it.

Sky have lost champions league matches which will lose them hundreds maybe thousands of customers who'll look to BT like myself who don't care for English football (yes that's right there are people who don't care for your 'great league' nor speak of it).

The top players and I mean the best, don't play there, they play abroad for teams such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, bayern Munich and so on. In a few years I don't think you'll be able to compete with these teams as sky, one of the English teams largest incomes will not have the income they have previously and at current. Lack of quality (as is starting to show now) means lack of interest (a la SPL. But I'm not suggesting it'll get as bad as that).

This will have a bad effect on everyone in the league including Newcastle who are in enough bother with Ashley running the show with his big bucks which for some reason is still happening (would never happen at the Celtic or Dortmund or Barcelonas of the world). Furthermore with streaming online becoming popular as is pirated television boxes a significant amount of people won't even bother subscribing with any TV company which will have an effect on us all. (Though or chief exec says we don't rely on TV money as it's not a big part of our revenue or so he says).

Sky have over 10 Million customers. A few hundred or maybe even thousand does not figure.The Champions League money pales into comparison to the money from the Premier League and the Sky money is only a small part of that as the recent increase came from foreign providers.Streaming is going to become ever more difficult and more sites will get shut down.What will be effected the most I would guess is the amount of people following the Champions League more than anything.Celtic are a pile of shite. Bigots and hate mongers just like the Huns down the road I live with it every day and have seen the effects. Celtic will lose their next two matches and be out of european competition by christmas. Next season they may not even make that when a League one club offers Lennon more cash than he is getting at Celtic.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

I'd love for this premier league bubble to burst and see more British and Irish lads playing week in week out for Premier League teams, but too much money is being made the way it's going for this bubble to burst like you reckon. Playing elite opposition 4-6 games a year proves absolutely nothing, there's a reason teams like APOEL Nicosia have managed to make it to the QF's or further.

You can't count us as a one off but. Since 2000 we have been the champions league what 5 seasons (counting this) and 3 of them we have gotten into the last 16 and were pretty unlucky in some of them. Not to mention being in the uefa final in 03 and 2 decent Europa league appearances for the team we had then. We have been in CL's and Uefa's too outwith those mentioned too.

Edited by mls1-CelticFC

But still those 4-6 games against top sides every year are the only proper opposition faced by Celtic, that's why people aren't swayed by Forster playing well in some of those games. It's different playing that well in 'one off' games like CL ties, as opposed to performing week in week out against good quality opposition like he would have to in the Premiership.

As true as that is he's guaranteed to be playing against 2/3 proper european world class teams every year, in much better competition than England can produce as it stands currently.

The English game is in a slow decline and it is for the whole world to see. People say that it's great that it's the most competitive league at current but I put that down to this:

The teams in it are just as bad or good as each other, whatever way you wish to look at it.

Sky have lost champions league matches which will lose them hundreds maybe thousands of customers who'll look to BT like myself who don't care for English football (yes that's right there are people who don't care for your 'great league' nor speak of it).

The top players and I mean the best, don't play there, they play abroad for teams such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, bayern Munich and so on. In a few years I don't think you'll be able to compete with these teams as sky, one of the English teams largest incomes will not have the income they have previously and at current. Lack of quality (as is starting to show now) means lack of interest (a la SPL. But I'm not suggesting it'll get as bad as that).

This will have a bad effect on everyone in the league including Newcastle who are in enough bother with Ashley running the show with his big bucks which for some reason is still happening (would never happen at the Celtic or Dortmund or Barcelonas of the world). Furthermore with streaming online becoming popular as is pirated television boxes a significant amount of people won't even bother subscribing with any TV company which will have an effect on us all. (Though or chief exec says we don't rely on TV money as it's not a big part of our revenue or so he says).

The Premier League isn't going to miss out, as what happened to itv, Setanta and ESPN will happen to BT. They may secure the rights to broadcast CL and Europa League games for a season or two, but they ruin themselves in the process.

Their product isn't good enough to encourage people to part with their money to have BT in their homes on top of their Sky package, and a lot of eople would prefer to watch Premier League and Football League games in their home and go to the pub for the occasional Champions League match.

For all you say you don't enjoy English football, it's clearly a higher standard to all but the best leagues in the world. Even if we're not the best league in terms of personnel, or whatever, we're undeniably the most succesful brand. You can dislike it and rail against it as much as you like, but English Premier League is the most popular football product on the planet, and your league was a joke well before your only competition were removed for cheating. Scottish football will soon be more comparable to the Irish leagues than it would be to the English league.

Scottish "Premier" League ffs :lol:

It was the most successful brand. I can see Germany easily wiping the floor with England from now. They have everything done almost right. Prices, TV deals, extras, good competition, packed 50,000 stadiums across the country, stable owners and of course the Bayern/Dortmund competition.

Edited by mls1-CelticFC

Last year the Bundesliga was £1bn behind the Premier League for TV deal income alone. That's a big, big gap :up:

(It would be wise to note that this seasons Premier League deal was a massive increase on last)

It was the most successful brand. I can see Germany easily wiping the floor with England from now. They have everything done almost right. Prices, TV deals, extras, good competition, packed 50,000 stadiums across the country, stable owners and of course the Bayern/Dortmund competition.

"From now"? So you think next year the Bundesliga package will out sell the English Premier League? You think next season pubs up and down Britain will be beaming Mainz vs Eintracht instead of Everton vs Fulham?

No, they won't. Pubs, clubs and houses the length and bredth of Britain will be watching the Premier League. Nations will gather together to watch Manchester United clash with Liverpool regardless of those clubs' league position. And you're an idiot if you think otherwise.

As much as you crave the success to end for the English Premier League, it's not going anywhere for a long time. The amount of money in Manchester alone will keep the Premier League where it is.

Never did I say any of those things, I meant globally from now it's in a decline. You mention pubs in England showing German games, obviously they won't be don't be silly of course they'll show the 'local game', same applies up here. Us vs someone will always be on before Liverpool or man united or someone. To suggest otherwise would be silly ;)

Though I'd rather watch the German one. By far the Better atmosphere and I think the game of football from a neutral point of view would be better.

Edited by mls1-CelticFC

I meant globally from now it's in a decline.

Have you any evidence to support that? The fact that a massively increased global TV deal has just kicked in this season would suggest that you're full of shit.

But the standard in your league has dropped considerably since?

Do you think I'm going to say no? Haha, honestly. Ask stupid questions and you'll get stupid answers. The only improvement since their demise has been the surge of decent goalkeepers.