Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

I don't see what his beef is. If he a true Celtic fan who watches then week in week out then he must admit that the standard up there at the moment is woeful. How can we rate Foster at international level when he plays at such a low standard every week? I'm not having a dig at the SPL, don't take it so personally, I'm just being honest about it. To be fair, Celtic are not running away with it because without Rangers I think they are quite naturally struggling to motivate themselves.

Before I get the old 'beat Barcelona 1-0' stuff either, fair play to them in the CL, they've had a go in the group stages and every game is a cup final.

I'm not having a go a personal snipe at Celtic, but that league is what it is.

I don't see what his beef is. If he a true Celtic fan who watches then week in week out then he must admit that the standard up there at the moment is woeful. How can we rate Foster at international level when he plays at such a low standard every week? I'm not having a dig at the SPL, don't take it so personally, I'm just being honest about it. To be fair, Celtic are not running away with it because without Rangers I think they are quite naturally struggling to motivate themselves.

Before I get the old 'beat Barcelona 1-0' stuff either, fair play to them in the CL, they've had a go in the group stages and every game is a cup final.

I'm not having a go a personal snipe at Celtic, but that league is what it is.

and it is shit.

See of you stopped focusing on where and focus on why you'll get on a lot better.

Read this a few times and I'm none the wiser, do we have a translater around?

How, can also be applicable. If you focus on how a player plays rather than focussing on where a player plays it would help any teams chances.

But if a player looks brilliant in a piss poor league that doesn't necessarily make him a brilliant player does it? There are lads in my 5-a-side league who are untouchable and take the piss every week but I'm not expecting them to get an England call up any time soon.

But he does it on the grandest stage of them all in the champions league. Has done so 2 seasons in a row and had decent Europa league performances which kicked off his reputation.

Play at this level there's no ordinary venue

It's Iceland ......or the Philippines ..... or .....Hastings or ..... Glasgow

As true as that is he's guaranteed to be playing against 2/3 proper european world class teams every year, in much better competition than England can produce as it stands currently.

The English game is in a slow decline and it is for the whole world to see. People say that it's great that it's the most competitive league at current but I put that down to this:

The teams in it are just as bad or good as each other, whatever way you wish to look at it.

Sky have lost champions league matches which will lose them hundreds maybe thousands of customers who'll look to BT like myself who don't care for English football (yes that's right there are people who don't care for your 'great league' nor speak of it).

The top players and I mean the best, don't play there, they play abroad for teams such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, bayern Munich and so on. In a few years I don't think you'll be able to compete with these teams as sky, one of the English teams largest incomes will not have the income they have previously and at current. Lack of quality (as is starting to show now) means lack of interest (a la SPL. But I'm not suggesting it'll get as bad as that).

This will have a bad effect on everyone in the league including Newcastle who are in enough bother with Ashley running the show with his big bucks which for some reason is still happening (would never happen at the Celtic or Dortmund or Barcelonas of the world). Furthermore with streaming online becoming popular as is pirated television boxes a significant amount of people won't even bother subscribing with any TV company which will have an effect on us all. (Though or chief exec says we don't rely on TV money as it's not a big part of our revenue or so he says).