News of the World

ChezGiven

1659:

BBC political editor Nick Robinson says Rupert Murdoch was apparently hit in the face with a plate of shaving foam by a man shouting: "Greedy."

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when asked by nick robinson who he was and why he attacked murdoch, the pie thrower simply replied "i can't comment, it's the subject of a police investigation" :lol:

Towards the end of it it looked as if the Murdoch's were actually under some pressure and there was some decent questioning done, only for the Chair to end it all. The rest of it has just been the same old politician-type avoiding-the-question answers that means they have been under no pressure what so ever. Could have quite easily employed a pair of parrots to sit in for them both.

He'll be a deadman soon like. Plus his girlfriend just dumped him on twitter. After getting sparked by Murdoch's lass and left with a bloody nose he's not having a good day.

I was very impressed by Wendy Murdoch: there's no way she can be attracted to Rupert; most gold-diggers are happy to wait around and wait for their spouse's demise. She literally leapt through the air and struck the bloke quick as a flash. Her agility and athleticism suggests she would be well up for a good rogering - something Rupert can only provide with the help of industrial machinery. James absolutely shit himself. The incident doesn't serve the interests of the Murdochs particularly; the suggestion that it was a setup is dumb.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Watched this all afternoon and have to think what a fucking soap opera and witch hunt.

Entertaining stuff but do we really need all this fuss to tell us that using dodgy private investigators and hacking phone messages was all the rage in the 90's and early 2000's.

Fair enough the twat who has been hacking victims phones like the Dowlers wants locking up, but does it really warrant and 80 year old man with 50,000 employees and hundreds of companies been grilled.

The Moral Indignation flying around is breath taking.

12-1 for Cameron to go is looking like a licence to print money.

I don't think anyone's that surprised that the NOTW were twats CT but I think an expose of the relationship with the Met and the "incompetence" of the previous investigations makes it worthwhile.

I don't think anyone's that surprised that the NOTW were twats CT but I think an expose of the relationship with the Met and the "incompetence" of the previous investigations makes it worthwhile.

Not saying its not a story, but the hysteria around it is unbelievable.

And lets remember they were all doing it, not just the NOTW. In fact there were quite a few references to Piers Morgans biography where he happily admits he hacked phones to land the scoop about Sven and Ulrika.

I think its the big moral indignation show from the MP's and other media which I think is quite pathetic and slimy.

moral indignation - pathetic and slimy

hacking murdered girls phone messages - ? Where does this register on CT's scale?

Better see four posts up where I covered that you sad little man.

Keep your knickers on you grotesque obese popinjay.

What fairer cause of moral indignation than criminally invading the privacy of the bereaved victims of crime and horror in the pursuit of profit?

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Watched this all afternoon and have to think what a fucking soap opera and witch hunt.

Soap Operas and witch hunts are how these people made their money, now they have compromised journalistic integrity and they have broken the law they deserve everything they get.

Naturally their public face is eloquent and polite and obviously this has a great effect on those with minds as malleable as your own but these people are criminals. I have no doubt if everything came to light, more than murdered school child tapping, the 7/7 tapping and dead soldier tapping - which it will be there - even you would don your pitchfork.

Murdoch was very hands on with the NOTW and that was well known - so his naive old man act will only go so far. If they hadn't been caught god knows how long these scumbags would have continued. In professional journalism no conduct is excused merely by saying ''everyone was doing it''. That's a playground excuse and I personally hope ofcom hammer some very strict regulations in place. There's journalists out there - young fellas like Ketsbaia off here who's hard trade has just been made a million times harder to save a Sideshow Bob lookalike.

Let the guilty hang.

And lets remember they were all doing it, not just the NOTW. In fact there were quite a few references to Piers Morgans biography where he happily admits he hacked phones to land the scoop about Sven and Ulrika.

I think its the big moral indignation show from the MP's and other media which I think is quite pathetic and slimy.

Sure about that?

Sure about that?

Im sure there were references to it, 100%.....whether they are true are not is a different matter.

Sure about that?

Im sure there were references to it, 100%.....whether they are true are not is a different matter.

:lol: