Wheres the money gone then?

Deano

I love how we are the only club in the league who use sold players to fund wages. So we are meant to believe a net spend of 500k is really 35mil spent. Is anyone actually buying this?

Don't forget free transfers aren't really free. They're as expensive as actual transfers apparently. When you add in the cost of tea bags and cones at the training ground, it's a miracle we've any of the 35m left at all.

* cue evil laughter *

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how we are the only club in the league who use sold players to fund wages. So we are meant to believe a net spend of 500k is really 35mil spent. Is anyone actually buying this?

I have to call you on this one. Believing the stories put out by the club and manager takes a substantial amount of credulity, in fact more than people realise, and therefore it's necessary to put aside substantial amounts of gullibility at this time to buy the club's future bullshit about transfers.

;)

Unfortunately alot of people are

unfortunately that is indeed the case

Think I'm going to avoid these threads from now on.

The cynicism is grounded in reality somewhat but I can't get my head around making comments such as the above, made purely on the presumption that our transfer business is done.

Personally I think we won't buy anyone else unless we sell first, if you believe that the FCB has loads of Wonga just waiting for Pardew then good for you. However based on the lies coming out of NUFC I think we are being shit on again. Its not just based on presumption but the bollocks being spouted from the 3 stooges.

What do you realistically see happening then?

That we'll spend about £12-13m on a new striker and someone else. Obviously more if Enrique goes.

Either way I'll judge them when we kick off against Arsenal and then again on the first of September.

The cynicism is inversely proportional to transfer activity. I'll shut the fuck up if some of that 35 mill gets spent (not including agents fees, signing on fees, future wages, heating bills etc).

I'd be immensely surprised if we bring in anything more than a LB and a striker for a combined fee of anything equal to or less than £10 million

With the likes of Smith, Perch, Best, Enrique, Ranger, Routledge, a GK on loan

Meaning our squad would be paperthin and look threadbare when injuries and suspensions hit us

Meaning our squad would be paperthin and look threadbare when injuries and suspensions hit us

Going on the last couple of seasons having a thin squad and gambling on escaping injuries and suspensions is probably a given.

Edited by Kitman

Going on the last couple of seasons having a thin squad and gambling on escaping injuries and suspensions is probably a given.

Even more so this season IMO

People seem to forget we might have on paper a canny decent first team, but it's very rare that you field a full strength 11 consecutively throughout the season and beyond our first team we are piss poor and those players are gonna be in the team more than people realise they will be

That we'll spend about £12-13m on a new striker and someone else. Obviously more if Enrique goes.

Either way I'll judge them when we kick off against Arsenal and then again on the first of September.

He He He realistic my arse, fucking totally over optimistic bonny lad. Since Parsnip has already "Marked our cards" that the £35M has been spent on Pies for the FCB, a new shop and some grass seed for the training ground; do you really think that FCB is going to ante up £12M, like fuck he will.

I truly hope you are right but think you will be well disappointed come 1st September.

He He He realistic my arse, fucking totally over optimistic bonny lad. Since Parsnip has already "Marked our cards" that the £35M has been spent on Pies for the FCB, a new shop and some grass seed for the training ground; do you really think that FCB is going to ante up £12M, like fuck he will.

I truly hope you are right but think you will be well disappointed come 1st September.

Benni McCarthy is available on a free.....

The stupid thing is (cue Nick-The-CluelessCunt) for every place the club finishes up the table it's worth what, 800k?

So signing a decent striker/players, in addition to keeping the spine that is already there, finishing just four places higher than last season's 12th is worth upwards of 3.2m.

Problem is the man is a retailer of tat and has that mindset, if I buy for 1 and sell for 3 I'm in front, whereas if you buy for 10 and sell for 30, well the ratio's the same.

The stupid thing is (cue Nick-The-CluelessCunt) for every place the club finishes up the table it's worth what, 800k?

No, you are forgetting to subtract whatever it costs to climb one position. 800,000 is a drop in the ocean compared to what is payed to finish higher.

Sunderland finished 2 places higher than us, but spent many 10s of millions more than us. Do the maths.

Signing a decent player is worth 3.2 million if he took us 4 places higher ... and if he was free... and plays for no wages.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

No, you are forgetting to subtract whatever it costs to climb one position. 800,000 is a drop in the ocean compared to what is payed to finish higher.

Sunderland finished 2 places higher than us, but spent many 10s of millions more than us. Do the maths.

Signing a decent player is worth 3.2 million if he took us 4 places higher ... and if he was free... and plays for no wages.

I want to know are you being paid by the post or for each word???

I want to know are you being paid by the post or for each word???

I'm not being paid, but any donations will be welcome ;)

So Nick, taking a step back let's confirm a few things.

* Are the supporters of NUFC entitled to believe that a substantial portion of the 35m transfer fee should be used to strengthen the squad, whether it be in transfer fees, wages, sign on fees?

* Should the transfer fee for Nolan be used to replace him?

* Are players like Enrique and to an extent Barton entitled to think they deserve either an increase in wages (just as any other hard working employee including those at Sports Direct) or in Barton's case added security albeit at a lower wage?

* Is the club's value to potential staff currently being enhanced or diminishing?

And I didn't call you a cunt or a moron once.

* Are the supporters of NUFC entitled to believe that a substantial portion of the 35m transfer fee should be used to strengthen the squad, whether it be in transfer fees, wages, sign on fees?

* Are players like Enrique and to an extent Barton entitled to think they deserve either an increase in wages (just as any other hard working employee including those at Sports Direct) or in Barton's case added security albeit at a lower wage?

* Is the club's value to potential staff currently being enhanced or diminishing?

Okay, you've provided me with 4 questions.

1. Yes, that sounds fair enough. And I'm entitled to regard success as being good results divided by money spent.

2. The transfer fee for Nolan has already been spent, on Demba. I believe they both cost about 3 million. And Demba is 3 years younger than Nolan, and had a phenomenal goal scoring record last season. The only worry about him is, his injury record. And that is a concern, of course.

3. Entitled to think, of course. Entitled to expect? No. They play football, for God's sake, and they earn 10s of thousands of pounds a week for God's sake!!! If they only want to stay at the Toon if they get a higher salary, then I'll thank them for their help in getting us promoted, and wish them well in their nest club, and congratulate Ashley on not being bullied by pressures. As for Barton, we stood by him when he was disgracing the club, and not playing very well. I don't usually say someone owes a club loyalty, but I consider that to be a special favour that we did Barton at that time.

4. The club's financial value to players is far too high. They earn far too many wages, for just kicking a ball. So if the financial value is diminishing, then that's a good thing. But are the wages being reduced??? I don't know. I'm pleased to see that they aren't going up, but being reduced???

And I didn't call you a cunt or a moron once ;)

1. Yes, that sounds fair enough. And I'm entitled to regard success as being good results divided by money spent.

2. The transfer fee for Nolan has already been spent, on Demba. I believe they both cost about 3 million. And Demba is 3 years younger than Nolan, and had a phenomenal goal scoring record last season. The only worry about him is, his injury record. And that is a concern, of course.

3. Entitled to think, of course. Entitled to expect? No. They play football, for God's sake, and they earn 10s of thousands of pounds a week for God's sake!!! If they only want to stay at the Toon if they get a higher salary, then I'll thank them for their help in getting us promoted, and wish them well in their nest club, and congratulate Ashley on not being bullied by pressures. As for Barton, we stood by him when he was disgracing the club, and not playing very well. I don't usually say someone owes a club loyalty, but I consider that to be a special favour that we did Barton at that time.

4. The club's financial value to players is far too high. They earn far too many wages, for just kicking a ball. So if the financial value is diminishing, then that's a good thing. But are the wages being reduced??? I don't know. I'm pleased to see that they aren't going up, but being reduced???

1. Possibly but you're a strange person not to want success, trophies and higher league placing, for the club you allegedly support.

2. You mean Demba Ba the free striker??? Untried over any period of time in this league and with a poor injury record. And if we honestly paid 3m in sign on fees for him we've been robbed and you should be complaining about that.

3. So you've never asked your boss for a raise?

It's obvious you've got your head in the sand completely to the concept of market value, so there is no point discussing it. We should just employ League 2 players as they are happy on 1k a week.

4. What are you on about?

I'm talking about how a firm like EY or VAG who pays above average wages because it wants better than average employees is perceived in their industry and therefore earns more, which in turn allows them to employ better staff, which earns them more, etc, etc.

You're confusing that with what you perceive to be footballers earning to much money for being footballers.

Do you not watch films or TV because actors earn extraordinary wages for what they do? Or is it only community theatre for you as they earn what actors deserve to earn?

Edited by sammynb

1. Possibly but you're a strange person not to want success, trophies and higher league placing, for the club you allegedly support.

2. You mean Demba Ba the free striker??? Untried over any period of time in this league and with a poor injury record. And if we honestly paid 3m in sign on fees for him we've been robbed and you should be complaining about that.

3. So you've never asked your boss for a raise?

It's obvious you've got your head in the sand completely to the concept of market value, so there is no point discussing it. We should just employ League 2 players as they are happy on 1k a week.

4. What are you on about?

I'm talking about how a firm like EY or VAG who pays above average wages because it wants better than average employees is perceived in their industry and therefore earns more, which in turn allows them to employ better staff, which earns them more, etc, etc.

You're confusing that with what you perceive to be footballers earning to much money for being footballers.

Do you not watch films or TV because actors earn extraordinary wages for what they do? Or is it only community theatre for you as they earn what actors deserve to earn?

1. I don't regard bought success as honourable success. I want success and honour for the club that I do support. I was totally distraught that we didn't finish 9th, after WBA fought back to 3-3. I can't prove how distraught I was, but I know I was, and that tells me that there's nothing alleged about my support. That 9th place would have been fantastically honorable for our relatively small spending (compared to other clubs).

2. Demba Ba, maybe he was free, maybe not. but his goalscoring was wonderful last season. let's wait and see.

3. I've never asked my boss for a wage increase, but I would do it if I thought I was being exploited. Footballers are not exploited. The clubs are daft to pay that kind of money, in my view, but if they do it, let them. But as far as I'm concerned, it's a joke to pay a player 10s of thousands a week, and nothing clever about bought success at all. I want to respect the club I support.

4. I don't mind actors or footballers being paid much, as long as they don't bring the film company / club into administration. But I personally see it as more honorable to pay little for your success, provided no one has been exploited.

The big winner at the Oscars this year, coast 9 million to produce, in comparison with the Quantum of Solace which cost 140 million. In my view, the cheapness of the film production GREATLY increases the honour of the film makers and actors. So yes, the principle is the same in films as with football, as far as I'm concerned.

So we agree on that point.

1. I don't regard bought success as honourable success. I want success and honour for the club that I do support. I was totally distraught that we didn't finish 9th, after WBA fought back to 3-3. I can't prove how distraught I was, but I know I was, and that tells me that there's nothing alleged about my support. That 9th place would have been fantastically honorable for our relatively small spending (compared to other clubs).

The big winner at the Oscars this year, coast 9 million to produce, in comparison with the Quantum of Solace which cost 140 million. In my view, the cheapness of the film production GREATLY increases the honour of the film makers and actors. So yes, the principle is the same in films as with football, as far as I'm concerned.

So we agree on that point.

So you need to support Athletic Bilbao because it's impossible for NUFC to be a successful club without spending money - especially when the man you champion feels it is better to sell the promising local talent from the club.

Seriously how is 9th place honourable in your eyes when Fulham and Everton can finish higher spending less?

As for the film industry, Do Not Talk To Me about it as you know Nothing.