Wheres the money gone then?

Deano

1. I don't regard bought success as honourable success. I want success and honour for the club that I do support. I was totally distraught that we didn't finish 9th, after WBA fought back to 3-3. I can't prove how distraught I was, but I know I was, and that tells me that there's nothing alleged about my support. That 9th place would have been fantastically honorable for our relatively small spending (compared to other clubs).

The big winner at the Oscars this year, coast 9 million to produce, in comparison with the Quantum of Solace which cost 140 million. In my view, the cheapness of the film production GREATLY increases the honour of the film makers and actors. So yes, the principle is the same in films as with football, as far as I'm concerned.

So we agree on that point.

So you need to support Athletic Bilbao because it's impossible for NUFC to be a successful club without spending money - especially when the man you champion feels it is better to sell the promising local talent from the club.

Seriously how is 9th place honourable in your eyes when Fulham and Everton can finish higher spending less?

As for the film industry, Do Not Talk To Me about it as you know Nothing.

No, I don't need to support Athletic Bilbao. Every club, has the opportunity to perform better than its outlay.

Fulham and Everton have spent more than us NET in the last 5 years, but...

Even if those 2 had spent less than us, we would still be honorable - just not the most honorable in the league, because they would have been more honorable.

As far as I'm concerned 9th would have been success for us - REAL success.

And anyway, what kind of Toon fan gushes all over Athletic Bilbao, while not acknowledging that the TOON have done very well without spending much!

Your statement about my knowledge about the film industry needs evidence for it not just to be a bullshit throwaway remark.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your statement about my knowledge about the film industry needs evidence for it not just to be a bullshit throwaway remark.

It needs no evidence when I experience it everyday and you do nothing but speculate about it.

A bit like what you spout regarding football and the realities of it.

I enjoyed how for all your prosperous thoughts about NUFC you still managed to ignore:

We should just employ League 2 players as they are happy on 1k a week.

The latest crack from the club about how the Carroll money will be / has been spent is Orwellian. What a fucking joke.

It needs no evidence when I experience it everyday and you do nothing but speculate about it.

I enjoyed how for all your prosperous thoughts about NUFC you still managed to ignore:

Who says we should just pay 1000 a week? Not I. But if we did decide to do that, then I would simply adjust my expectations, accordingly, and regard maintaining a league 1 status as fantastic success. I'll never again fall into the trap of demanding that my club pays players 80,000 a week, which is the ludicrous thing that has happened now, to many fans.

Your job doesn't incluence how much I know about the film industry.

I also think you should look up the word 'speculate'. I have provided you with facts about film costs. Not speculated.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

Who says we should just pay 1000 a week? Not I. But if we did decide to do that, then I would simply adjust my expectations, accordingly, and regard maintaining a league 1 status as fantastic success. I'll never again fall into the trap of demanding that my club pays players 80,000 a week, which is the ludicrous thing that has happened now, to many fans.

Your job doesn't incluence how much I know about the film industry.

I also think you should look up the word 'speculate'. I have provided you with facts about film costs. Not speculated.

Going all Leazesmag, please show me a quote where I'm asking the club to pay 80k in wages? Market value for players we require.

No you haven't, you've quoted budgets, not costs - exactly what a know nowt does.

The average fan (i.e. ones who don't have Aspergers Syndrome) isn't really arsed about wages as long as the team is doing the business on the pitch.

The average fan (i.e. ones who don't have Aspergers Syndrome) isn't really arsed about wages as long as the team is doing the business on the pitch.

no Alex, the average fan doesn't give a monkeys how well the team does on the pitch just so long as they are turning in a profit for the owner, and celebrate by buying scarves with the share price printed on them

no Alex, the average fan doesn't give a monkeys how well the team does on the pitch just so long as they are turning in a profit for the owner, and celebrate by buying scarves with the share price printed on them

Its a bit like at work. If I have a sales guy doing well, I dont really care whether all his paperwork is up to date. You tend to over look what goes on behind the scenes if what they produce is good. Similar here. If we were doing well, we wouldnt give a shite whether we were in huge debt or being ran as tight as a thai factory.

Its a bit like at work. If I have a sales guy doing well, I dont really care whether all his paperwork is up to date. You tend to over look what goes on behind the scenes if what they produce is good. Similar here. If we were doing well, we wouldnt give a shite whether we were in huge debt or being ran as tight as a thai factory.

but if you were the 5th most successful in the country ?

Sorry ;)

I can't recall anybody who's agreed with nicks crackpot theory re wages. The only time wages tend to draw comment on here is when a player is a waster.

Edited by Kitman

Fuck me, JawD is Rebekah Brooks ;):D

:shades:

I can't recall anybody who's agreed with nicks crackpot theory re wages. The only time wages tend to draw comment on here is when a player is a waster.

Also, I'm not sure who demands our players receive £80k a week. Unless it was a reference to the erstwhile views of the labotomised hemisphere he still keeps in a jar.

Edited by alex

Also, I'm not sure who demands our players receive £80k a week. Unless it was a reference to the erstwhile views of the labotomised hemisphere he still keeps in a jar.

I remember someone saying Enrique, Carroll or someone should have been offered 80,000 a week. I can't remember who it was. You can think I'm lying if you want, but I know I'm not.

I also remember someone on another forum saying that Michael Owen should be offered whatever he wanted in January 2009 (ridiculous, I know).

I remember someone saying Enrique, Carroll or someone should have been offered 80,000 a week. I can't remember who it was. You can think I'm lying if you want, but I know I'm not.

I also remember someone on another forum saying that Michael Owen should be offered whatever he wanted in January 2009 (ridiculous, I know).

;)

;)

:D