Wheres the money gone then?

Deano

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle...79310-29067142/

NEWCASTLE United are lining up a loan move for Chelsea’s Dan Sturridge after Mevlut Erdinc’s snub forced them into a major transfer rethink.

A move for Sturridge had been written off after the club were quoted £20m but developments on the Erdinc front over the past fortnight have prompted a redrawing of their hit-list.

Although there is some money in the kitty for a striker Mike Ashley has told boss Alan Pardew that he must sell to fund further purchases.

That has limited their ability to land one of three Continental targets being considered and the club now believe a season-long loan move with an option to buy built in might represent a more cash conscious solution to their striker search.

That means Sturridge, a player Pardew has consistently pushed for, is back on the agenda in a development that will delight Toon supporters.

Intriguingly Danny Welbeck is another striker being monitored by United – although Sunderland remain firm favourites to land him if Sir Alex Ferguson decides to sanction another loan move.

Newcastle want a nippy striker to play off the shoulder of Demba Ba or Shola Ameobi next term and had invested time, effort and resources in trying to lure Turkey forward Erdinc to Tyneside.

“There’s not a striker who moves that we’re not aware of or involved with – we have to be.

“We would also do a loan player if there was something at the end of it for us.”

The Sunday Sun understands that Erdinc had actually agreed terms with United but the £7.5m transfer is in serious jeopardy after a damaging fall out with his agent Pierre Frelot.

It looks increasingly likely that the player, who will not be first choice at Paris Saint Germain next year, would have to change representatives to force through a move to Tyneside.

With their desire to land another forward widely known in football circles, United are being flooded with offers both at home and abroad but few have appealed.

They were even offered Preston’s David Nugent last week before he completed his move to Leicester - which drew a polite rejection from the Newcastle board.

Despite growing criticism from United fans, Ashley will not give the green light to a raft of incomings before the start of the new season.

Unless they sell, the only players joining United will be a striker and a full-back.

Young winger Kazenga Lualua moved to Brighton on a season-long loan yesterday.

Is he fucking serious? We don't appear to be willing to spend more than £10m on a striker and £1-2m on a FB. So that's about £12m out of the Carroll money that would actually get spent on new players.

And I'm sorry but as much as I love Shola he shouldn't be the second choice striker behind Ba, particularly as Ba has a questionable injury record.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The average fan (i.e. ones who don't have Aspergers Syndrome) isn't really arsed about wages as long as the team is doing the business on the pitch.

no Alex, the average fan doesn't give a monkeys how well the team does on the pitch just so long as they are turning in a profit for the owner, and celebrate by buying scarves with the share price printed on them

Its a bit like at work. If I have a sales guy doing well, I dont really care whether all his paperwork is up to date. You tend to over look what goes on behind the scenes if what they produce is good. Similar here. If we were doing well, we wouldnt give a shite whether we were in huge debt or being ran as tight as a thai factory.

but if you were the 5th most successful in the country ?

Sorry ;)

We're the 2nd largest by t/o in the UK for our manufacturer :huh::D

So many of us said, with little confidence, that "I'll live with Carroll leaving if we actually spend all of the £35m".

Clearly won't even be close to £20m, never mind £35m.

It really isn't unfair to have expected Ashley to have been planning on giving the manager say £10m this summer regardless of outgoings. As such we would have had £45m to spend. Now you can take say £8m out of that for his precious agent fees, signing on fees, improvements to the training ground, wages (!) etc. That leaves £30m+ (not sure what the deal is with add-ons for Carroll) to be spent on new players. Cabaye doesn't count because Nolan's departure covered his fee.

how did i guess ashley was upto something in other words he wont use any profit off sports direct or any money from the club instead we now have to sell to bring in new ones

And I'm sorry but as much as I love Shola he shouldn't be the second choice striker behind Ba, particularly as Ba has a questionable injury record.

Does he really or are you just regurgitating common opinion without thinking for yourself?

Bear in mind he's passed 2 medicals since January and he's averaged 29 games per season in his career.

i know where most of carrolls money has gone its gone on ashleys gambling debts you do know hes using our club as a debt resort any money it makes goes on to his debts

Edited by DEADMAN

I must confess I'm weary of all the politics to do with Newcastle these days.

I would love Ashley to be spending like Freddy but the bloke seems to have one main priority and that is making the club self sufficient.

Whether that's so he can sell it more easily or whether it is too genuinely "grow" the club I have no idea, however a club that has everything ours has going for it AND makes money will be a very tempting proposition for a lot of people.

I would still like to think that some positive things happen in the remaining window, but I am now at the stage that I just want to see football being played week in, week out with the best team we can put out.

I also still think we will have a pretty exciting first 11 that takes to the field.

Does he really or are you just regurgitating common opinion without thinking for yourself?

Bear in mind he's passed 2 medicals since January and he's averaged 29 games per season in his career.

He also failed one in January, didn't he?

Hence me qualifying my comment with the term 'questionable'.

What I can't understand is all of the talk about the money going on wages. Surely you pay wages out of your trading income not out of selling your assets. Call me thick but in any sort of business I've encountered that's how things work. And if the money we take in from ticket sales, merchandising, sponsorship, prize money and tv deals, isn't enough to pay our wages there is something seriously wrong.

I can buy agent fees and even signing on fees as having to come out of transfer income but I can't buy wages. So therefore we can't have spent more than £10m so far (and there's the money for Nolan to add back) there should still be £25m left if the whole lot is to be spent on transfers. But of course we know that's bollocks anyway don't we.

I must confess I'm weary of all the politics to do with Newcastle these days.

I would love Ashley to be spending like Freddy but the bloke seems to have one main priority and that is making the club self sufficient.

Whether that's so he can sell it more easily or whether it is too genuinely "grow" the club I have no idea, however a club that has everything ours has going for it AND makes money will be a very tempting proposition for a lot of people.

I would still like to think that some positive things happen in the remaining window, but I am now at the stage that I just want to see football being played week in, week out with the best team we can put out.

I also still think we will have a pretty exciting first 11 that takes to the field.

That's what I believe too, that we have a strong first team, but beyond that, we're thin, very, very thin, and a 38 game season needs a squad, and a big one and one where you can call on quality when injuries/suspensions/lack of form happen

The penny should really have dropped that we're not gonna splash out on players when the board were so transfixed with N Taylors release clause that they wouldnt budge from spending a penny more for a player we supposedly wanted

It's less that we're not spending the cash, but more the way we have chipped away expectations through the manager's soundbites on a week-by-week basis. If they'd have just come out and said "We've got £35m and we're not spending it on new players" there would have been uproar- but here we are in more or less that position, yet there is a resignation about the whole episode.

No wonder the club treat us like mugs when so many are happy to accept the spoon-fed bollocks about financial prudence (more prevalent on N-O than on here). It really is a worrying sign of things to come.

Edited by Matt

The whole idea that the money from the sale pays for the wages of the replacement is bollocks. The wages you have stopped paying on the outgoing player goes towards the wages of the incoming player. If the replacement is earning more than said sold player. If not it pays the wages completely.

With reports that pardoo has to sell before he can, hence the loan deal for sturridge, its obvious the money has disappeared dahn to the smoke.

Even the staunchest fan of the FCB has to see that.

i cant understand how those lying two face cunt faced twats are saying they have spent all the money cause somethings not right it doesnt add up

Because his accountants are the financial version of Nick Freeman in association with Harry Houdini .

You notice they have never said "the money will go back on transfer fees only". It's usually "the money will stay in the club". Which is horseshit as we know as even if they did count wages and signing on fees. What about the outbound players and their effect on things?

You notice they have never said "the money will go back on transfer fees only". It's usually "the money will stay in the club". Which is horseshit as we know as even if they did count wages and signing on fees. What about the outbound players and their effect on things?

Hell aye - it's all in the subtlety of the wording with these fuckers. Always has been. For any supporters of the balloon , they should simply ask themselves (the 'i can't take my family to games because they'll get attacked' statement aside) 'why has he never actually spoken to the fans' ? . If there's nothing to hide, or intentions are good, or there is a 'plan' you'd come out and share it .

No speaky, no goody.

Thing with Paradiddle being the public front, he's too thick. Not mentally astute enough to remember the lines and the shite he's previously pumped. That much is becoming increasingly clear , especially with his comments of late last week . Even with the PR team priming him in the background he still can't cut the fucking mustard .

They send the sap out to tiptoe the minefield and one day he'll tread on a 'live one'

Prepare your anuses on September 1st for Llambiass for to say the following after a below par transfer window

"At no point did we say that the money was going on transfer fee's, we said it will stay in the club and that's where it's stayed" and then somehow in his usual manner mock the fans in some sort of backhanded comment he usually makes