Wheres the money gone then?

Deano

Prepare your anuses on September 1st for Llambiass for to say the following after a below par transfer window

"At no point did we say that the money was going on transfer fee's, we said it will stay in the club and that's where it's stayed" and then somehow in his usual manner mock the fans in some sort of backhanded comment he usually makes

Plenty more to come from his Emissions Department like . They've started the distraction by making him out as 'victim' with Friday night's (unconfirmed as far as i know) feedback that he was supposedly presented with in a bar at Darlo .

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prepare your anuses on September 1st for Llambiass for to say the following after a below par transfer window

"At no point did we say that the money was going on transfer fee's, we said it will stay in the club and that's where it's stayed" and then somehow in his usual manner mock the fans in some sort of backhanded comment he usually makes

Plenty more to come from his Emissions Department like . They've started the distraction by making him out as 'victim' with Friday night's (unconfirmed as far as i know) feedback that he was supposedly presented with in a bar at Darlo .

Awww Dekka's just an ickle bairn and has done nowt wrong, I dont get why fans pick on him, really I don't ;)

Luke Edwards now seemingly happy to criticise the club.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/lukeedw...f-turning-sour/

To say it has not been the best of pre-seasons so far for Newcastle United is something of an under-statement.

Crowd trouble soured their first friendly against Darlington last Friday, a night which also saw the club’s managing director Derek Llambias verbally attacked in a bar by angry fans, before storming off in a huff during a pitch invasion.

Growing criticism of the club’s transfer strategy and suspicion about where the money from the sale of Andy Carroll to Liverpool has gone, causing a rift between board and supporters once more.

Then there are the complaints about a gruelling travel schedule, which will mean Newcastle’s players have to endure nine flights in just ten days, while five of the first team squad have failed to even make it to America.

New signing Yohan Cabaye became the third player to be denied a visa by US immigration on Monday because of a “minor technical” issue, which presumably means he isn’t wanted by Interpol or anything like that.

His enforced absence means Alan Pardew has flown all the way across the Atlantic for a team building exercise without his new playmaker, who needs to be bedded into the team, his influential right midfielder Barton, who he is desperate to keep motivated and focussed and a young striker who is determined to show he has a future at the club, Nile Ranger.

Injuries have also left two more at home, Danny Guthrie, who lasted eight minutes at Darlington and Shane Ferguson, the young Irish winger who caused so much excitement last season on his promotion from the youth team.

At least it might mean there is a bit more room for the players to stretch their legs as they settle back for one of those nine flights.

Pardew insisted last week the reasons for going to America were not financial, although it begs the question, if they weren’t, why bother flying more than 10,000 miles to play three friendly games when they could have done exactly the same in Europe?

He also argued the facilities and weather are fantastic in the USA. But are they 10,000 miles and countless hours in the air better? As for the weather, it’s summer, it’s pretty much hot everywhere except for Tyneside.

Oh, and Barton, Cabaye and Ranger would have had no trouble getting into say, Portugal or Italy. Arsene Wenger even says Austria is nice in July.

It all began so well too. Three quick signings, Cabaye, double winner in France with Lille, snapped up while most managers were more focused on slapping on the sun cream.

Demba Ba quickly followed, snubbing Sunderland and Everton to sign for Pardew and former Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux whisked away from Liverpool at the last minute.

Crucially, there was supposedly money in the bank still waiting to be spent. A bold bid of £10m failed to land Kevin Gameiro from Lorient, but the signs were encouraging Turkey international and long-term target Mevlut Erdinc would be joining from PSG for £7m.

There were also constant reports on Tyneside claiming Charles N’Zogbia would be returning from Wigan to add pace, skill and goals from the left-wing.

Things were looking up, Newcastle’s summer was gathering momentum, excitement and expectation levels were soaring.

Even the negatives were starting to look like positives. Jose Enrique might not have actually signed a new contract, but at least he had been offered one, while the failure of anyone to bid for the hugely popular, but not actually that good at defending, left-back meant he might actually agree to stay.

As for Joey Barton, he was determined to remain for one more year, even if the board had withdrawn the offer of a contract extension after weeks of acrimony between Llambias, Barton and his agent Willie Mackay. No bids for him either, maybe everything was going to work out after all.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and the FA are deciding whether to fine the club because of the pitch invasion and violence at Darlington, Llambias is still fuming at the abuse he received and there is no sign of anymore signings.

In fact, there are even suggestions the board have decided they do not want to spend any more money at all on transfers, hence the interest in signing Daniel Sturridge on loan from Chelsea and the refusal to offer more than £1m for Swansea left-back Neil Taylor.

The £35m from the sale of Carroll might have stayed in the club, but it isn’t been used the way the vast majority of supporters envisaged – to buy new players.

Now back in training, Pardew has publicly criticised the attitude of wantaway Enrique who reportedly needs a collar for his pet lip so miserable is he to still be stuck at Newcastle.

The signing of N’Zogbia appears to have been nothing more than a pipe dream, while a row with Erdinc’s agent means he is about as likely to sign for Newcastle as Lionel Messi.

At least Barton is behaving himself, just a shame he and Cabaye will be in Holland this week with the reserve team rather than blending into a new look midfield unit.

Newcastle squad improvements should be judged at the end of the transfer window rather than midway through it, but optimism and anticipation is rapidly being replaced by apprehension and anger. Welcome to the topsy-turvy world of Newcastle United.

Not really saying anything new but it's good to see these sort of views aired in public in a way. I don't think fans of some other clubs realise how bad we've got it with this lot in charge.

"At no point did we say that the money was going on transfer fee's, we said it will stay in the club and that's where it's stayed. However, Mike did blow the TV money last night in Aspers." and then somehow in his usual manner mock the fans in some sort of backhanded comment he usually makes

FYP.

I didn't even realise he'd left the Journal and joined the Telegraph. Far easier to be critical of the club when you're working for a national paper like.

What I can't understand is all of the talk about the money going on wages. Surely you pay wages out of your trading income not out of selling your assets. Call me thick but in any sort of business I've encountered that's how things work. And if the money we take in from ticket sales, merchandising, sponsorship, prize money and tv deals, isn't enough to pay our wages there is something seriously wrong.

I can buy agent fees and even signing on fees as having to come out of transfer income but I can't buy wages. So therefore we can't have spent more than £10m so far (and there's the money for Nolan to add back) there should still be £25m left if the whole lot is to be spent on transfers. But of course we know that's bollocks anyway don't we.

unfortunately there are people on here who appear to think selling our best players and using the fees paid towards running the club on a day to day basis and/or operational requirements is OK

Nick, you're a peculiar character aren't you?

does he block people for disagreeing with him like the pricks on Newcastle Online though ?

:lol:

Do I hear the sound of a penny dropping for some of the people on this forum? No real surprise that the FCB has lied again. Fat cunt. Now to wait for the pointless reply from the inmate of Warsaw Mental Institution.

there a few numpties on here mate, but to be fair, nothing like there is on Newcastle Online and also skunkers, despite it being a site dominated by older and so called "more mature and knowldegeable supporters", the vast majority of who would be more at home on Newcastle Online.

They also write for True Faith.

What a joke eh.

Do I hear the sound of a penny dropping for some of the people on this forum? No real surprise that the FCB has lied again. Fat cunt. Now to wait for the pointless reply from the inmate of Warsaw Mental Institution.

there a few numpties on here mate, but to be fair, nothing like there is on Newcastle Online and also skunkers, despite it being a site dominated by older and so called "more mature and knowldegeable supporters", the vast majority of who would be more at home on Newcastle Online.

They also write for True Faith.

What a joke eh.

What gets me is why do people actually believe any of the shite that comes out of SJP when they are all proven liars. Would any of Ashleys supporters here give anyone else so many chances at getting something right? Bizzare.

Truth is some people are opposed to the people giving their opinion more than the opinion itself, or just feel the need to take up a contrary opinion for argumentative sakes.

When it comes down to it an opinion should be something that can change based on internal and external factors which is where many are flawed here, IMO :lol:

I think we all want the club to moving in the right direction. I don't think the optimists are necessarily being contrary, I think they're just desperate for signs of progression and will hone in on any positive noises or scenarios to that effect, sometimes to a ridiculous extent. Whereas I sit in my cynical bunker waiting expectantly for the club to plant its boot into my knackers. Harumph.

I think we all want the club to moving in the right direction. I don't think the optimists are necessarily being contrary, I think they're just desperate for signs of progression and will hone in on any positive noises or scenarios to that effect, sometimes to a ridiculous extent. Whereas I sit in my cynical bunker waiting expectantly for the club to plant its boot into my knackers. Harumph.

Or maybe, the optimists view that fact that we were 1 minute away from finishing 9th this season, as the perfect answer from the club to its critics (including critics among its fans), 2 years after we were being held up as a circus.

And doing it on a budget too.

Isn't that possible?

Or maybe, the optimists view that fact that we were 1 minute away from finishing 9th this season, as the perfect answer from the club to its critics (including critics among its fans), 2 years after we were being held up as a circus.

Isn't that possible?

And we were just one game from being league champions once, what ifs don't count as results or success.

Isn't that possible?

And we were just one game from being league champions once, what ifs don't count as results or success.

We also won the league 4 times. Times change, Man City, Man United and Chelsea have become insurmountable since then, and we wouldn't have been able to compete with them at all then, even if the club had been as irresponsible with money, as it was then.

Isn't that possible?

You think we aren't a circus any more? Another manager sacked, 3 players refused Visa's, pitch invasion in a pre-season friendly, Chief Exec getting abuse in public. Ex-players and current players publicly slagging off those in charge.

The one thing you have to cling to is that we were one minute from finishing ninth, but we didn't finish 9th we finished 12th, we've sold our 2 top goal-scorers and our captain from that season. 12th is exactly the same position we finished in the year before we were relegated.

Isn't that possible?

You think we aren't a circus any more? Another manager sacked, 3 players refused Visa's, pitch invasion in a pre-season friendly, Chief Exec getting abuse in public. Ex-players and current players publicly slagging off those in charge.

The one thing you have to cling to is that we were one minute from finishing ninth, but we didn't finish 9th we finished 12th, we've sold our 2 top goal-scorers and our captain from that season. 12th is exactly the same position we finished in the year before we were relegated.

I'd say thats a vast improvement.

Isn't that possible?

No :lol:

:lol:

Isn't that possible?

I'd say thats a vast improvement.

Undoubtedly. It would certainly be hard to get any worse than going through 4 managers in a season and imploding the way we did.

Total credit to Ashley for only sacking one manager needlessly last season.

How anyone can possible argue against Mike putting some of the £35 million away for a rainy day, beggars belief.

It's the believing it that I struggle with.

How anyone can possible argue against Mike putting some of the £35 million away for a rainy day, beggars belief.

Nice of them to tell you what they intend to do with the money. I thought it had all gone on future operating costs by the way?