Wheres the money gone then?

Deano

:D

has there ever been a mackem on here who hasn't made an arse of themselves?

I can't remember JamesD making an arse of himself.

CT does it on a regular basis

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I think our best chance is a Barry Moat-type who might run the club on the smell of an oily rag (like a Bolton or a Blackburn) but at least be doing it with some passion and the right intensions. But don't hold your breath...

Seriously man, never ever use the words "Barry Moat" and right intentions in the same sentence. That bloke made me glad Ashley wasnt selling.

:D

has there ever been a mackem on here who hasn't made an arse of themselves?

I can't remember JamesD making an arse of himself.

CT does it on a regular basis

:)

This thread is absolute bullshit.

Selling players to pay wages is like a trademan selling his tools to pay his employees. It is not, NOT, a prudent approach and is not going to improve the club.

It is what lower division clubs do because they don't have enough of a fanbase. If we don't have enough of a fanbase to not be forced into this sort of bullshit small club approach then fucking noone does.

Fuck you thick cunts piss me off just scoffing this bullshit down like it actually makes sense for our club. Have a fucking look at our attendances compared to other PL clubs. Get a fucking clue. This is what League 1 sides do, not what one of the biggest clubs in the world should be doing. Grow a fucking brain. If it weren't for the retards of this world this sort of shit wouldn't even be considered, let alone fucking discussed at length, like its some sort of reasonable approach for NUFC.

In before, 'where's the manies comin' from den? Daft squib etc.'

Speaking of thick cunts, Hi !!

You don't sell players to pay wages per se BUT transfer income is just income like any other and is used BY ALL CLUBS as such. It's NOT a small club approach, it's an EVERY FUCKING CLUB approach. (discounting Oligarchs and Arabs).

What's your alternative???? Seriously??

Who the fuck do you think NUFC are ??? we are a vastly underachieving, unsuccesfull club and have been for over half a century. The Champions league appearances weren't the "norm" they were the blips and sadly we didn't sustain it and now the game has changed and it's all but unreachable.

By doing what we are doing we actually do have an advantage due to our fan base, because our "prudent" approach is set within means greater than most other clubs.

Edited by Toonpack

Selling players to pay wages is like a trademan selling his tools to pay his employees. It is not, NOT, a prudent approach and is not going to improve the club.

It is what lower division clubs do because they don't have enough of a fanbase. If we don't have enough of a fanbase to not be forced into this sort of bullshit small club approach then fucking noone does.

Fuck you thick cunts piss me off just scoffing this bullshit down like it actually makes sense for our club. Have a fucking look at our attendances compared to other PL clubs. Get a fucking clue. This is what League 1 sides do, not what one of the biggest clubs in the world should be doing. Grow a fucking brain. If it weren't for the retards of this world this sort of shit wouldn't even be considered, let alone fucking discussed at length, like its some sort of reasonable approach for NUFC.

There is so much to discuss, the financial fair play rules, the new Man City / Eithad deal, the 20m+ losses from the championship last season, the need to maintain a wage/turnover ratio below 70%, the actual rise in our wage bill since the start of last season, the 60 days left to bring someone in, the primacy of having better players in September over spending money, the financial irrelevance of 3000 extra season tickets in the context of the CL club's revenues etc.

If the thread is absolute bullshit all you did was succeed in bringing it down another level.

Toonpack why don't you go fuck off and support Carlisle or Hartlepool so you can be truly happy with fuck all success. This prudent approach simply puts more money in Ashleys piggy bank and does not actually help the team.

So CL qualifications do not represent success then? Fuck me so what actually does in your eyes? What really makes me laugh is how you sad fucks have a go at LM for mentioning success yet constantly spout the Ashley line of bullshit like some life saving mantra. Exactly how does lying to the fans about the spending of the £35M represent a prudent approach? How the fuck you lot swallow this shit from the FCB and his minions amazes me; gullible twats the lot of you.

Speaking of thick cunts, Hi !!

You don't sell players to pay wages per se BUT transfer income is just income like any other and is used BY ALL CLUBS as such. It's NOT a small club approach, it's an EVERY FUCKING CLUB approach. (discounting Oligarchs and Arabs).

What's your alternative???? Seriously??

Who the fuck do you think NUFC are ??? we are a vastly underachieving, unsuccesfull club and have been for over half a century. The Champions league appearances weren't the "norm" they were the blips and sadly we didn't sustain it and now the game has changed and it's all but unreachable.

By doing what we are doing we actually do have an advantage due to our fan base, because our "prudent" approach is set within means greater than most other clubs.

The CL appearances were indeed the "blips" on account of the club being run on lines approaching correctly for the only time in half a century.

Do you seriously, seriously not see this ?

Guest alex

Tbh I find this financial / economics stuff canny tedious now. However, and this is not a defence of Ashley - who is fucking clueless when it comes to running a football club to my mind, I don't see how you can call people thick, stupid or whatever whilst completely oversimplifying the financial issues behind the scenes. Been done to death like so I'll leave it at that / to the financial experts :D

For all im baffled with the complexities of the financial side, thanks to toonpack, chez and peaspud i've a decent grasp on how the finances are set up and lets face it....aiming to be a financially stable club, maybe even the best ran club in the PL in a few years (in terms of finance) it can only be a good thing BUT only if it comes about and doesnt impact our performances on the pitch. We need a solid and talented playing squad if we are going to progress on the pitch as well as finacially and if its said that other clubs, BIG clubs included are using a similar policy and we can maintain progression in the league then im happy.

The impending financial regulations which come into play shortly are obviously in the minds of Mike Ashley and Llambias and i appreciate what they are trying to do. I just think if the club came out and articulated what they are doing with the clubs finances properly and reasured us that a new 10mil+ striker WILL be brought in before the end of the window, it would appease most fans and give us a true and transparent picture of what they are trying to do.

I think now is the time for the club to do so. Failing that, so long as we bring in a quality striker im happy to wait until Sept 1st for the club to release a statement detailing where the 40mil (Carroll and Nolan money) has gone, if we are actually breaking even and what their true intentions and expectations are for this season and next.

Edited by Deano

For all im baffled with the complexities of the financial side, thanks to toonpack, chez and peaspud i've a decent grasp on how the finances are set up and lets face it....aiming to be a financially stable club, maybe even the best ran club in the PL in a few years (in terms of finance) it can only be a good thing BUT only if it comes about and doesnt impact our performances on the pitch. We need a solid and talented playing squad if we are going to progress on the pitch as well as finacially and if its said that other clubs, BIG clubs included are using a similar policy and we can maintain progression in the league then im happy.

The impending financial regulations which come into play shortly are obviously in the minds of Mike Ashley and Llambias and i appreciate what they are trying to do. I just think if the club came out and articulated what they are doing with the clubs finances properly and reasured us that a new 10mil+ striker WILL be brought in before the end of the window, it would appease most fans and give us a true and transparent picture of what they are trying to do.

I think now is the time for the club to do so. Failing that, so long as we bring in a quality striker im happy to wait until Sept 1st for the club to release a statement detailing where the 40mil (Carroll and Nolan money) has gone, if we are actually breaking even and what their true intentions and expectations are for this season and next.

so its now September 1st 2013 ?

That would be after 6 years of Mike Ashley's plan. SIX YEARS

If we continue to sell our best players and not replace them, we will be back in the lower leagues by then, what exactly will "good finances" matter then, if indeed they would be "good finances", because once real apathy sets in, we will be heading towards administration and/or mediocrity a fucking damn sight faster than when we were playing in europe and "wasting" all that money on top footballers who got us there.

If we continue to sell our best players and not replace them, we will be back in the lower leagues by then, what exactly will "good finances" matter then, if indeed they would be "good finances", because once real apathy sets in, we will be heading towards administration and/or mediocrity a fucking damn sight faster than when we were playing in europe and "wasting" all that money on top footballers who got us there.

Yawn...

The NHS can help you with depression ya know? I've heard good things about cognitive therapy :D

Yawn...

The NHS can help you with depression ya know? I've heard good things about cognitive therapy :D

you still reading fairy stories then ?

Did you get excited when you saw Santa Claus last Xmas ?

Yawn...

Your patter is awful fella...

Yawn...

Your patter is awful fella...

yawn.

It isn't "patter".

Your optimistic little fantasy world isn't very entertaining tbh, I'm just pointing you in the right direction. It's quite sad that you can't take the truth.

I have my opinions and you have yours, you dont agree with my outlook and i certainly dont agree with yours neither.

I dont want to be pointed in your direction. Dont patronise me you condesending arsehole.

I have my opinions and you have yours, you dont agree with my outlook and i certainly dont agree with yours neither.

I dont want to be pointed in your direction. Dont patronise me you condesending arsehole.

I don't have "opinions", I am speaking facts, absolute facts, when I tell you the position the club was in when the last owners found it and where they left it.

The fact, is that you are now wanting the owner to speculate on quality footballers, which is precisely what the old owners did for 15 years, and for which arseholes like you gave them flak for doing. This is how we got those league positions and appeared in europe regularly and the Champions League.

It is my opinion that Mike Ashley will not do this, but having witnessed such owners before ie pre-1992, such owners are easy to spot by their actions, lies, selling of best players, and buying policies, and other things.

After 4 years, I am to date very much correct in everything I have said almost since Ashley got his feet under his desk, and the clock is ticking for brainwashed fools like you who are living in a fantasy world and won't listen.

If you find I'm condesending, then it is purely down to your own stupidity that I have to keep repeating myself.

Edited by LeazesMag

I don't have "opinions", I am speaking facts, absolute facts, when I tell you the position the club was in when the last owners found it and where they left it.

The fact, is that you are now wanting the owner to speculate on quality footballers, which is precisely what the old owners did for 15 years, and for which arseholes like you gave them flak for doing. This is how we got those league positions and appeared in europe regularly and the Champions League.

It is my opinion that Mike Ashley will not do this, but having witnessed such owners before ie pre-1992, such owners are easy to spot by their actions, lies, selling of best players, and buying policies, and other things.

After 4 years, I am to date very much correct in everything I have said almost since Ashley got his feet under his desk, and the clock is ticking for brainwashed fools like you who are living in a fantasy world and won't listen.

If you find I'm condesending, then it is purely down to your own stupidity that I have to keep repeating myself.

And that's the bit that won't sink in

And that's the bit that won't sink in

one of the biggest clubs in europe, not a club with small limited potential that needs to sell to survive like the Boltons and Blackburns of this world, running a low cost operation, which is what you are advocating.

What doesn't sink in with you, is the fact that you will not challenge the likes of Liverpool and Spurs - clubs with smaller support and stadiums than we do for starters - if you sell them your best players and pocket the money.

Love all this its so funny

" he not letting the club go in debt"

" gonna spend in january"

"sell to pay wages"

" Boothroyd"

" Mike Ashley looking after the club"

some corkers there , this thread just keeps giving haHAHAHAHAHAH

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU IS GETTING THE PISS TOOK OUT OF YOU

NEXT IT WILL BE " BEN ARFA AND GOSLING ARE NEW SIGNINGS"

ClASS

The old 'Million monkeys' statement is obviously not holding up its end of the bargain here.

Endless seas of unwashed and still they can't even grasp basic punctuation or grammar.

Credit where credit is due though, between the one shared typewriter their collective food stamps could muster, they've at least learnt how to emulate more intellectually capable beings by copying out thing's already printed. All falls apart as soon as they have their own input however.

Nevermind, I'm sure they'll have plenty of time to reflect next season when they are once again pants down humiliated by an exciting young and superior northern side, whilst their much celebrated 30+ year old "shite half of Man utd" trophy signing huff and wheeze around the pitch chasing after the 'crocks' of marveux and Arfa! (says a lot that the best i've ever seen o'shea perform was a stand in for keeper position for the latter half of a match)

Mouth is literally watering at the thought of it already!