Wheres the money gone then?

Deano

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you have spent £35 million on Ba and 3 french knackers who no fucker has ever heard of . Hip hip a fucking hooray

Out of all the players you've signed only O'Shea and Brown weren't either relegated from the premier league or playing in the Championship last season. So I would wind your neck in.

Gyan is still off - lots of bigger clubs in the mix - Juventus, Udinese, Spurs, Stoke etc etc, with your carry on almost as bad as last pre season I would wind your next in. Apart from Wickham who has potential you have signed average and in Brown's case an expensive crock!

It won't be too much of a surprise to see your lot, once again, scurrying off with your tails between your legs!

I'm sure plenty of people have heard of Cabaye by the way - given he was an integral part of the Lille team who won the french league and cup. Also we pipped Liverpool to Marveux - so he's well known on merseyside.

(BIIIITE)

Yeah you have spent £35 million on Ba and 3 french knackers who no fucker has ever heard of . Hip hip a fucking hooray

Out of all the players you've signed only O'Shea and Brown weren't either relegated from the premier league or playing in the Championship last season. So I would wind your neck in.

Gyan is still off - lots of bigger clubs in the mix - Juventus, Udinese, Spurs, Stoke etc etc, with your carry on almost as bad as last pre season I would wind your next in. Apart from Wickham who has potential you have signed average and in Brown's case an expensive crock!

It won't be too much of a surprise to see your lot, once again, scurrying off with your tails between your legs!

I'm sure plenty of people have heard of Cabaye by the way - given he was an integral part of the Lille team who won the french league and cup. Also we pipped Liverpool to Marveux - so he's well known on merseyside.

(BIIIITE)

Ok then

You have signed a crock from a team that was relegated , some person who liverpool tried to sign and someone who played for lille. hip hip a fucking hooray

£35 million pound later etc. etc

ou have signed a crock from a team that was relegated

Ok lets discuss this 'crock'. In the last six months he has passed 2 medicals. He's averaged 29 games a season in his professional career this average is brought down because of a season in which he suffered a knee injury - he still played 20 games that year. In other seasons he played 30,35 and 33 games.

He scored 7 goals in 12 games for West Ham who he joined in January - he did his part. (It may be worth mentioning that Sunderland were also in for Ba)

For crocks look a bit closer to home, Frazier Campbell perhaps?

Haha - I love it when one of the incestors pops up on the board.

I liked the part where he repeated what tom said in a sentence and then acted as if that was some kind of counter point.

Heed my advice matey, go and take your pc down to the cash exchange and go buy yourself a multi-pack of duracells for your mothers rubber friend.

Word on the street is that you aint got enough left in you to keep her satisfied ever since your sister/daughter popped

The implication of all this is the club can only afford to bring in a couple of free transfers on unremarkable wages because we flogged Carroll for £35m, which has to be bollock. £35m isn't far short of half the club's turnover.

It’s been like this since day one. The supporters are spun some ambiguous bullshit and confusion ensues. After a few years a semblance of the truth leaks out but by that time attention is focused on the latest unfathomable crap dribbling out of the club’s arse.

This time last year we were all trying to work out what the fuck no capital outlay meant. Twelve months on and what the fuck ‘all the money will stay in the club’ means dominates the debate. In about a year’s time last season’s accounts will be in the public domain and we’ll know whether or not the club really did need to sell one of the country’s most promising young players for £35m to fund the a acquisition of a couple of free transfers. The problem is by that time there will be some other smokescreen clouding the horizon.

The supporters are being played for fools.

Or put another way, slightly more than last years loss.

Do you mean last season or our year in the championship?

Last reported financial year (which was the championship year), financial year is all that matters.

as I said, NUFC are not a small club with limited potential that needs to run on a small cost basis, like the Boltons and Blackburns of this world, although we are now being run like this and you and others appear to be advocating it. We have one of the biggest fanbases in europe, results on the pitch drive the finance.

The implication of all this is the club can only afford to bring in a couple of free transfers on unremarkable wages because we flogged Carroll for £35m, which has to be bollock. £35m isn't far short of half the club's turnover.

It’s been like this since day one. The supporters are spun some ambiguous bullshit and confusion ensues. After a few years a semblance of the truth leaks out but by that time attention is focused on the latest unfathomable crap dribbling out of the club’s arse.

This time last year we were all trying to work out what the fuck no capital outlay meant. Twelve months on and what the fuck ‘all the money will stay in the club’ means dominates the debate. In about a year’s time last season’s accounts will be in the public domain and we’ll know whether or not the club really did need to sell one of the country’s most promising young players for £35m to fund the a acquisition of a couple of free transfers. The problem is by that time there will be some other smokescreen clouding the horizon.

Last reported financial year (which was the championship year), financial year is all that matters.

Isn't the important thing the current ratio of turnover to wages? The suspicion is that we are no longer making losses, unless what you're saying is that the Chamionship season left a big hole that has to be filled with the Andy Carroll cash.

My impression from previous pronouncements (like Alex) was that they said we'd break even after our first season back in the prem. The implication being that once we were back into profit, surplus funds would be reinvested in the team (however I could easily have got that wrong). If that's the case I don't understand why the Carroll funds are needed to meet future wages, on the assumption that future income would be sufficient to meet future wages.

Edit: This is based on the assumption that squad size is static, and wages of the new players are less than those of players sold.

Edited by Kitman

I naively imagined around 20m of that money showing up in the first team this coming season, still leaving plenty to paper over the cracks. :D

I find it hard to get hugely upset about the £35million, mainly because I never once believed we'd see much of it.

Hand on heart, who did?

Team Positive!

This thread is absolute bullshit.

Selling players to pay wages is like a trademan selling his tools to pay his employees. It is not, NOT, a prudent approach and is not going to improve the club.

It is what lower division clubs do because they don't have enough of a fanbase. If we don't have enough of a fanbase to not be forced into this sort of bullshit small club approach then fucking noone does.

Fuck you thick cunts piss me off just scoffing this bullshit down like it actually makes sense for our club. Have a fucking look at our attendances compared to other PL clubs. Get a fucking clue. This is what League 1 sides do, not what one of the biggest clubs in the world should be doing. Grow a fucking brain. If it weren't for the retards of this world this sort of shit wouldn't even be considered, let alone fucking discussed at length, like its some sort of reasonable approach for NUFC.

In before, 'where's the manies comin' from den? Daft squib etc.'

This thread is absolute bullshit.

Selling players to pay wages is like a trademan selling his tools to pay his employees. It is not, NOT, a prudent approach and is not going to improve the club.

It is what lower division clubs do because they don't have enough of a fanbase. If we don't have enough of a fanbase to not be forced into this sort of bullshit small club approach then fucking noone does.

Fuck you thick cunts piss me off just scoffing this bullshit down like it actually makes sense for our club. Have a fucking look at our attendances compared to other PL clubs. Get a fucking clue. This is what League 1 sides do, not what one of the biggest clubs in the world should be doing. Grow a fucking brain. If it weren't for the retards of this world this sort of shit wouldn't even be considered, let alone fucking discussed at length, like its some sort of reasonable approach for NUFC.

In before, 'where's the manies comin' from den? Daft squib etc.'

it's Friday mate. Don't let them grind you down. They know not what they are saying.

as I said, NUFC are not a small club with limited potential that needs to run on a small cost basis, like the Boltons and Blackburns of this world, although we are now being run like this and you and others appear to be advocating it. We have one of the biggest fanbases in europe, results on the pitch drive the finance.

Mostly I agree with your views Leazes, but I vary with you on this. Getting 50,000 to home games doesn't make you a big club. If that was the case, Bundesliga teams like Hertha Berlin and Kaiserslautern (as well as a couple of others there) would be considered big clubs, which they are not. Big clubs develop a winning culture which becomes a critical mass, a self-fulfilling prophesy, if you like. Success breeds success. The major London clubs have a head-start as do the northern "super-clubs". For Newcastle to become this "big" club will require some cashed-up benefactor, a lunatic fan really, to put decent money in to it to attract and retain good quality players and staff. (and then have a bit of luck) Ashley is clearly not this person. He is just another greedy arsehole. I don't really see one of these middle east/Asian mega-billionaires buying us out, so I think our best chance is a Barry Moat-type who might run the club on the smell of an oily rag (like a Bolton or a Blackburn) but at least be doing it with some passion and the right intensions. But don't hold your breath...

Edited by StevieRoss

:D

has there ever been a mackem on here who hasn't made an arse of themselves?

I can't remember JamesD making an arse of himself.