Erik Pieters

Barney

My Dutch mate is better than yours.

:lol:

Do you think Enrique was that good?

I thought he took too many chances and made the wrong decision on several occasions I know he was to blame for a few goals last season.

Not the best we have ever had John Blacklie or was it Brownlie on the left.

Clarke Craig

Kennedy Nattrass

Anyway sad he has gone but in the life of an NUFC fan its that time again...................... Charge, new season is here. Meet up have some beers, put the world to rights, watch the match, have a few more beers, become the best manager / player in the world (woor team selection never gets beat) have a kebab and home happy, regardless until Monday.

My honest opinion on Enrique....

When he first arrived here he looked awful, clumbsy, panicy and a potential flop. However, in that first season he did also show signs that if he settled he could become a good LB.

He did settle and did establish himself as one of the PL's best LB's but lets be honest, Evra, Cole, Baines and Clichy aside, there isnt many quality LB's in england.

I think he was a GOOD LB but not great, would of loved to have kept him here but losing him is no big deal for me. He didnt want to stay and you can argue that its the owners fault he wanted to leave, you'd be right but if he doesnt want to fight for the cause then he had no place here.

Pieters or M'Bengue as 1st choice targets, im leaning towards Pieters. Failing that then it has to be between Warnock and Shorey.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deano, what on earth makes you think we'll get any of those players in to replace him? Far more likely to get a shefki kuqi type panic buy after the window has shut. This is mike Ashley remember.

Seems alot of people look to be nit picking at Enrique now that hes buggered off, he's the best LB weve had in recent years and will be the better than anything we will have in the coming years

You'll realise how pivotal he was to us once were a few games into the season

No doubt. Good lefties don't grow on trees. He had a good understanding with jonas and most of our best play came down that flank. He was also very sound defensively. He will be a massive loss and I'm positive whoever replaces him will be a poorer player.

Seems alot of people look to be nit picking at Enrique now that hes buggered off, he's the best LB weve had in recent years and will be the better than anything we will have in the coming years

Yes he is the best LB we have had in a while but how can you say he's better than anyone we bring in, in the future? Madness.

I think either Pieters or M'Bengue could be better.

No doubt. Good lefties don't grow on trees. He had a good understanding with jonas and most of our best play came down that flank. He was also very sound defensively. He will be a massive loss and I'm positive whoever replaces him will be a poorer player.

We also played the Offside trap last year alot aswell, which when the ball got played in behind down the left Enrique would make sure to catch them, he was absolutely rapid and made sure players didnt get away from him, his link up down the left with Jonas was huge and took pressure off of the team for periods when we were under the cosh and helped spring attacks, he also allowed Coloccini to settle and play the ball out whenever he was under pressure

So people saying he was shyte defensively etc are talking oot there arse, we're not gonna get a LB up to the standard of enrique and that will become abundantly obvious once the season starts

You look at some of the best LB's in the Prem and look at where they play. They all play for the top 6/7 teams in the prem and we're not near that IMO

Yes he is the best LB we have had in a while but how can you say he's better than anyone we bring in, in the future? Madness.

Possibly but we aren't signing either of those players so why make the comparison? Your posts are infuriating.

Possibly but we aren't signing either of those players so why make the comparison? Your posts are infuriating.

Why?

We have been linked with both M'Bengue and Pieters, now i know being linked alone means fuck all but both would fit into this "young with potential resale value" mould.

Both would probably fancy a move to the PL and there are links into the squad which would help signing them.

Whats your opinion of us not standing a chance of getting them based on?

Why?

We have been linked with both M'Bengue and Pieters, now i know being linked alone means fuck all but both would fit into this "young with potential resale value" mould.

Both would probably fancy a move to the PL and there are links into the squad which would help signing them.

£

Based on what exactly?

Guest Your Name Here

Why?

If they are better than Enrique they are going to want better wages than Enrique. They’ll probably also want to play European football. Coming to a backwater club like NUFC with its peanut based wage cap isn’t an attractive prospect.

Edited by Your Name Here

Deano, you're even more deluded than I thought if you seriously think we will sign either of them. My opinion is based on ashley's holocaust of a history in recent transfer windows. What do you base your mindlessly optimistic assumptions on?

well i wouldnt say pieters is a suitable replacement i mean yea he might show off a little bit of skill but come on surly theres better players out there than him

I'd actually be really pleased if we got this lad. Simply because he sounds half decent and comes from a good club. And because a part of me suspects the replacement for Enrique is already at the club ie Gutti/Ferguson/Kadar or whatever

Know nothing of this lad all I can say is with left backs so thin on the ground why has no one else gone for him?

That said I'll take anyone over what we've got at the min.

Erm, because no one else has a scout as good as Graham Carr?

Do you really believe that?