How you feeling two games in?

Christmas Tree

Im starting to feel quite good about this season (surprise surprise), particularly now this horrendous summer is coming to an end.

A few more targets through the door, particularly someone who knows where the goal is, and I think we will be set up nicely for a canny year.

Could Pardew get the first manager of the month award?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I would allow Pardew the permission to be manager of the month regardless of results. He's a weak cunt, and if we continue winning it's solely from the team spirit inspired by the players themselves.

Over the moon with Saturdays result obviously and have been doing the old look at the next five games sketch and as I put on twitter the next five are easier on paper than the first two were.

However, there's no point in getting carried away, the first half we were shite couldn't keep the ball, we still don't have much creativity, but the key stat for me is Krul's had three decent saves to make this season. We're shite but, we are very, very solid if the first two games are anything to go by. We remind me of Everton under Moyes, shite, boring, but we're going to get results, and that clown Williamson out of the equasion means we'll keep clean sheets. I'd take another scrappy 1-0 against Fulham. One thing I will say with certainty is though we'll not go down this season.

It's a tough one. 4 points from two difficult matches is great, good for team moral and 2 important clean sheets to build on. But I'm concerned that there hasn't really been any good football on show from us, hopefully that will change against fulham, their not playing too well and hopefully our boys will be able to express themself better at st james against a weaker side than arsenal. My main feeling at the moment is against better sides we could be seriously punished, and ourselves going forward haven't seemed to show much of an attacking presence

Edited by Tino asprilla

It's a tough one. 4 points from to difficult matches is great, good for team moral and 2 important clean sheets to build on. But I'm concerned that there hasn't really been any good football on show from us, hopefully that will change against fulham, their not playing to well and hopefully our boys will be able to express themself better at st james against a weaker side than arsenal. My main feeling at the moment is against better sides we could be seriously punished, and ourselves going forward haven't seemed to show much of an attacking presence

I just wonder if thats more to do with Pardew sending the team out with a defend at all costs first policy. As Stevie says grinding out results everton style.

I also agree that the reins will come off against lesser sides allowing more attacking football. Of course when the left winger isnt having to cover the left back as much and we find a striker who can score, it will also be a lot easier.

Regarding the attacking presence, I think Marveaux could prove to be a real attacking threat if he was given the chance, and I really hope that's where the magic will be produced this season along with Ben Arfa. But of course we need to build the team around them in a completely new way, and I'm still a bit unsure if Pardew is capable of pulling it off.

*facepalm*

Let not get carried away. We beat the Scum when we could of easily been beat. We drew level against an Arsenal side that was far better than us for large majorities.

There are positives, however the negatives are scaring me. The main two, Nee LB and the firepower, or, should I say, lack of.

Nowts really changed despite saturdays good result and a draw last weekend....some very perceptive character on here said after Best's hatrick v west ham last season that we may all regret him doing so well in that game which was funnily enough in the january transfer window...

ps...according to Simon Bird Pardew was at the PSV game yesterday...at least he's getting a good look at Pieters before he signs for a club who offers a million more than we do.

some very perceptive character on here said after Best's hatrick v west ham last season that we may all regret him doing so well in that game which was funnily enough in the january transfer window...

Was saying to the mackem at work on Friday a good result against them could be the worst thing for us....in terms of long term squad strength.

some very perceptive character on here said after Best's hatrick v west ham last season that we may all regret him doing so well in that game which was funnily enough in the january transfer window...

Was saying to the mackem at work on Friday a good result against them could be the worst thing for us....in terms of long term squad strength.

Good point, we'll probably not be hearing anything about any future transfers after this one... the worst part was that Ryan Taylor actually performed pretty decent.

I'm feeling confident after these 2 results. We are toothless in attack, atm but football is won and lost in the middle of the park and with Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas, Barton, Obertan, Gosling, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Mehdi Abeid we ooze class. Out centre half pairing of Coloccini and Taylor is looking tremendous, I can't remember a better centre half pairing for many years at Newcastle. Krul gets better and better with each game he plays.

We've had 4 shots on target in 180 minutes. We have to praise the defence and midfield for this. Simpson looks steady, not great; he never will be, but steady.

Left back's a massive priority this week and I hope and pray we have someone in by QPR away on the 10th September.

We've plenty depth upfront in Shola, Lovenkrands, Ranger, Ba and Best but they're all average, very similar players.

For me, one striker and a left back and we have a strong squad.

Fuck me, I sound like CT. Just call me Mr Positive. T'was also nice to see Pardew obviously buzzing over the result, whilst Brewcey was seething.

I'm feeling confident after these 2 results. We are toothless in attack, atm but football is won and lost in the middle of the park and with Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas, Barton, Obertan, Gosling, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Mehdi Abeid we ooze class. Out centre half pairing of Coloccini and Taylor is looking tremendous, I can't remember a better centre half pairing for many years at Newcastle. Krul gets better and better with each game he plays.

We've had 4 shots on target in 180 minutes. We have to praise the defence and midfield for this. Simpson looks steady, not great; he never will be, but steady.

Left back's a massive priority this week and I hope and pray we have someone in by QPR away on the 10th September.

We've plenty depth upfront in Shola, Lovenkrands, Ranger, Ba and Best but they're all shite, very shite players.

Fuck me, I sound like CT. Just call me Mr Positive. T'was also nice to see Pardew obviously buzzing over the result, whilst Brewcey was seething.

FYP

Oh and there is no point having a solid midfield without having strikers to finish off their hard graft.

Agree with Colo and Taylor.

Edited by wykikitoon

I'm feeling like we've only played two games of a new season. Too early to tell. Euphoric we've beaten the in-breds. Anything can happen in a derby and a point against an Arsenal team in a bit of turmoil is not dance-inducing stuff; not to be sniffed at, but not brilliant all the same.

Wolves were top yesterday. I think I'll leave things a bit longer before recalling my jury.

We've plenty depth upfront in Shola, Lovenkrands, Ranger, Ba and Best but they're all shite, very shite players.

FYP

Oh and there is no point having a solid midfield without having strikers to finish off their hard graft.

Agree with Colo and Taylor.

Thanks for that, but I disagree. Leon Best isn't shite. He works tirelessly. He mightn't be a top draw striker but I'd rather he was here than playing elsewhere. Though you're right in the fact that we need a classy striker. A 'fox in the box', if you will.

Two clean sheets is the best aspect. You don't lose if you don't concede. Obviously need to score some goals though.

Colo has been awesome so far. I've said it before but he is starting to look like the £10 million defender we hoped he would be.

I think he is starting to realise he can't try and play with the ball at his feet in tight spots and more importantly he doesn't go to ground expecting easily under pressure to get fouls like he would have in Spain.

Positive start but one swallow doth not a summer make and all that.

Shites possibly harsh.

Amoeba - This guy is one of the reasons people have been rioting :lol: How can a guy this lazy be a proffesional footballer pulling in tens of thousands a week, have flash cars etc. You would think a player of his age and experiance would know the offside rule by now. He is lazy, thick as fuck and a drain on oxygen and a fucking human skull.

Best - Grafts hard and maybe hasnt had the full chance he deserves?

Rangers - Has pace, but no brain. Needs some more experiance, but when he has had chances in the past he hasnt taken them.

McLoving - old, no pace and should of gone at the end of last season.

Over the moon with the four points, most points already made, defensively some very good displays, midfield looked a bit shaky at times but will do well in most games, Cabaye I feel will only get better, Tiote definitely will get better, up front we're as weak as piss, thought Shola did ok on his own as it happens, that was risky by Pardew and it didn't look like coming off in the first half, play like that in a game where we go a goal down and it doesn't look good. After the first two games I don't think we'll go down and I was worried about it, don't think we'll finish in top half either with the same squad, goals mean points and we've lost our two main goalscoring threats whether people think it was too good to turn down or too long a contract blah, blah, fact is those goals need replaced. In short, some good signs also a few bad signs.

Two great results. We haven't been convincing in either game though. My expectations for the season haven't changed, despite the surprisingly good start. Unless we get the extra bodies in i can see battling in the lower end of the table.

Two great results. We haven't been convincing in either game though. My expectations for the season haven't changed, despite the surprisingly good start. Unless we get the extra bodies in i can see battling in the lower end of the table.

I think we look quite solid but don't really look like scoring many. Early days like but I think that was fairly predictable.