Newcastle United v Fulham --- Sunday 1.00pm Kick Off

Christmas Tree

Obertan can also withstand a bit of physical contact. Routledge had no strength to protect the ball.

Obertan is clearly a more balanced player than Routledge. Routledge was a decent player to have in the squad, but was too one dimensional. As you've noted Obertan has a bit more size about him. Low body fat, but broad shoulders and over 6 foot he's quite handy at positioning his body and winning headers, an area where Routledge just could not compete.

Edited by OzToonFan

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Obertan played well.

:D

His movement and technique are absolutely shocking. Also his decision making is terrible: there were a couple of occasions where he was goalside of his marker on the wing, perfect position to whip a ball in and he just ran it out of play. Abysmal. He's invisible and then pops up 1-2 times per half and manages to play the ball to a Newcastle player. He managed that once vs Sunderland going forward, managed to play it to Barton who then played the ball out for a goal kick. Obertan got himself 1 vs 1 with the last defender vs Sunderland, he's meant to be able to beat a man, perhaps his only strength, and he runs straight into the player and luckily we got a corner.

Still, perhaps I've gone too far in saying Routledge is a better player; I think Obertan will prove to be similar in terms of effectiveness

I said he played well today, what has Sunderland got to do with it? He was far too tentative for the first 30 minutes but so was the rest of the team. Him and Ba created the second goal which given the context is already more than Routledge did in the premiership.

So am I the only one who thought we were hopeless, just Fulham were even worse? Leon Best being our best striker is pretty upsetting, and bar Ben Arfa (who isnt a striker btw) that was our best XI.

2 or 3 injuries and we are relegation fodder.

I thought Obertan played well.

Still, perhaps I've gone too far in saying Routledge is a better player; I think Obertan will prove to be similar in terms of effectiveness

I said he played well today, what has Sunderland got to do with it? He was far too tentative for the first 30 minutes but so was the rest of the team. Him and Ba created the second goal which given the context is already more than Routledge did in the premiership.

I'm just giving examples to show why I think he's crap. And like I say, I was prolly kneejerking about Routledge, but mark my words, Obertan is gash.

Apparently Vuckic hurt his wrist, not his hand. Hope he's ok.

So am I the only one who thought we were hopeless, just Fulham were even worse? Leon Best being our best striker is pretty upsetting, and bar Ben Arfa (who isnt a striker btw) that was our best XI.

And people call me miserable? Sometimes it doesn't hurt to give credit where credit is due.

I think most should rightfully thing that we didn't play well. Good in very brief stints, some great goalkeeping from Krul allowed us to win. A win is a win though, so despite the weak performance it's 3 important points.

No - I was surprised how shite Fulham were but anyone who thinks we're anything more than garbage is blind imo.

On a side note I hope the low crowd has the fat cunt shitting it as well.

On a side note I hope the low crowd has the fat cunt shitting it as well.

The picture from the BBC shows what a tremendous idea his vendetta against the Level 7 folk was:

_54989344_54989343.jpg

If that keeps up, guess where the next sports direct sign is going.

krul is really doing some great saves lately from not only the carling cup but this match to. hes really improving compared to harper hes like a young shay given although that maybe taken it a little to far but hey hes kept us alive

Team P currently on the piss in Newcastle but itching to get home to the laptop and read all the positive posts.

Hoping Dr Glooms changed his name to Dr get the fuck in. If not hopefully the admins will sort it.

See you all soon. xxx

P.S. Kirrin is shit.

Team P currently on the piss in Newcastle but itching to get home to the laptop and read all the positive posts.

Hoping Dr Glooms changed his name to Dr get the fuck in. If not hopefully the admins will sort it.

See you all soon. xxx

P.S. Kirrin is shit.

You're shit.

See you all soon. xxx

P.S. Kirrin is shit.

For 'on the piss', read one pint of lager shandy as he and daughter wait for the latter's bus.

You're on that pic above from BBC. Can clearly see you with your black and white face paint, scarf and rattle.

Christ I'm depressed. Ordinarily, when finding out we've won, I am cock-a-hoop which is usually followed by an extra loud Gerrinnnn. Today, I could hardly muster a 'good stuff'. No doubt some will slate me, but I see no point in lying.

See you all soon. xxx

P.S. Kirrin is shit.

For 'on the piss', read one pint of lager shandy as he and daughter wait for the latter's bus.

You're on that pic above from BBC. Can clearly see you with your black and white face paint, scarf and rattle.

Christ I'm depressed. Ordinarily, when finding out we've won, I am cock-a-hoop which is usually followed by an extra loud Gerrinnnn. Today, I could hardly muster a 'good stuff'. No doubt some will slate me, but I see no point in lying.

Match has been soured for me because of my main man Haris' injury. Really hope it's not a bad one - I guess he'll need more than the 2 weeks we've got off now.