Pardoo's next pronouncement

Kitman

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should he not be asking the manager of the club if the fans deserve and explanation or put forward his "100%" quotes?

Think the bold quotes would be the exact response if he did...maybe that was the question asked. :lol:

Ryder can't change the answers to his questions or force any honesty out of anyone at the club.

As with the "dirty Dozen" questions, I've not really got any interest in what anyone asks the club or what response they give, but the local rag has to report it. What pisses me off is when they repeat their answers as the facts in opinion pieces, as with the SD signage bringing in money for players.

Should he not be asking the manager of the club if the fans deserve and explanation or put forward his "100%" quotes?

Think the bold quotes would be the exact response if he did...maybe that was the question asked. :lol:

Ryder can't change the answers to his questions or force any honesty out of anyone at the club.

As with the "dirty Dozen" questions, I've not really got any interest in what anyone asks the club or what response they give, but the local rag has to report it. What pisses me off is when they repeat their answers as the facts in opinion pieces, as with the SD signage bringing in money for players.

Fair enough, I'd expect a little more than one question and then the nodding dog act though. No comment in the article about the 100% quote. I might be wrong on this, but did Pardew say we'd be stronger if we got a left back and striker into the club? If so, Ryder has 2 of Pardews own quotes to put forward to him.

I appreciate that as the local journo, you can't fight the club every step of the way, but e-mailing them 12 miserable questions from the fans isn't exactly hard-hitting journalism.

Fair enough, I'd expect a little more than one question and then the nodding dog act though. No comment in the article about the 100% quote. I might be wrong on this, but did Pardew say we'd be stronger if we got a left back and striker into the club? If so, Ryder has 2 of Pardews own quotes to put forward to him.

I appreciate that as the local journo, you can't fight the club every step of the way, but e-mailing them 12 miserable questions from the fans isn't exactly hard-hitting journalism.

It's infuriating to watch like.

Ryder could embarrass Pardew with loads of daft things he's said (Hughton never came out with owt daft like that) and he'd only have himself to blame...but outside of the satisfaction of seeing someone at the club held to account....it's probably not the man who deserves it.

I think he deserves a share of flak tbh

Houghton didn't peddle the shit he was fed because he knew it was dishonest and filled with lies and false hope.

Keegan did the same

Pardew on the other hand got his job through dishonest means pretty much, with an underhand reputation already following him, and is now choosing to feed the media the shite he has (imo still knowing whats gone on), so he can take the flak for doing so.

If you've nothing nice to say, don't make something up for the sake of it, just say fuck all

Pretty much sums it up for me, never liked the fucker and never will :lol:

"The criticism that's going to come from not getting a striker in has some validity to it because seven months is a long time.

"But I can only say that from my point of view, we put the targets in front of the board and then it comes down to financial decisions, and that financial decision didn't take place.

"We bid for three or four players to fill one position and none of them came to fruition, and that's the disappointment that we have to face.

"I feel within the squad, there's a real camaraderie in there, a really good, strong spirit. Defensively, we have shown we are a tight unit and it's just about getting the goals now.

"It's going to be important that people step up to the plate and come out of the pack and score goals and contribute to goals with assists, and there's certainly enough talent in that squad to do that.

"Joey (Barton) is a controlled animal now on the football pitch. He's an aggressive player, but he has brought that under control.

"He's a very, very good player and somebody we need to make sure doesn't influence the game as much as he did for us.

"He hasn't got anything to prove to me or the staff here because the players all know how good he is. Obviously, there was a falling-out with the board that wasn't going to be rectified, so Joey has moved on.

"He's got himself a contract that he has earned through not just his ability, but the way he has conducted himself in the last couple of years especially, and we wish him well."

P for Pardoo - P for Puppet.

Someone ought to cut the string that controls his mouth so he won't voice any more shit.

Better yet, put the Puppet in with Punch who'll no doubt beat the shit out of him.

What's the science behind this?

Someone ought to cut the string that controls his mouth so he won't voice any more shit.

Better yet, put the Puppet in with Punch who'll no doubt beat the shit out of him.

Basic elementary 'moments about a force' science that a snotty nosed schoolboy would understand. :lol:

Pardoo has pointed his finger at the Board for failing to bring in the striker targets he listed. He was more than likely given permission to do that by the Board themselves based on the fact that Pardoo has closer contact with the fans and players than they do and subsequently it's no skin off their nose to take the heat and keep it away to some degree from their puppet.

Newton's Law .

For every action there is an equal, negative reaction .

Ergo for every dottle of reeking shite he spouts, a smack in his smarmy bullshitting face .

Alan Pardew hurt by transfer letdown

ALAN Pardew admits he felt “upset” and let down by the Newcastle board’s failure to land a replacement number nine in the transfer window – but has acted to draw a line under the deadline-day disappointment by reiterating his commitment to the United job.

Admitting that criticism of managing director Derek Llambias and those United power brokers responsible for negotiations had “validity”, Pardew also confessed that he regretted making cast-iron promises that a striker would be recruited during the summer.

But he insisted rumours that he was considering his position as a result of the failure to make transfer progress were no more than “scaremongering”.

The mood on Tyneside remains dark after United’s seven-month search for a new striker drew a blank. Indeed, Pardew admitted yesterday that by 6pm on deadline day he knew there would be no new arrivals – an implicit recognition that they were never close to landing late target Bryan Ruiz, who ended up at Fulham.

In truth, Pardew was walking a fine line as he spoke publicly for the first time since last Wednesday’s deadline – looking to convey his bitter disappointment at not recruiting a forward, while also protecting his squad and personal position. To that extent it was no surprise that his criticisms were relatively measured.

“I feel with the timescale we had, we should have got a striker over the line,” he said. “But there are difficulties in today’s market, especially with young strikers who have got potential. That’s what we were targeting and that’s the hardest type of player to get over the line.

“You’ve got clubs who are desperate to hold on to them because they see a future in them as well, and they see their values only going up. So the board found it very, very difficult, and they went up some paths that were dead ends.

“For me, I’m disappointed, as you can tell, but I’m more disappointed for the fans. I’m the one who has to face them and look them in the eye and I genuinely feel for them because it would have made the jigsaw complete.” He is also adamant that he never considered quitting – despite the odds on him walking away having tumbled over the last 48 hours. “I think some people are scaremongering about this and that,” he said. “I’ll be the first to admit I was upset on the day, the day after and the day after that.

“But that’s me done now. It’s a fantastic job and I understand what the fans want, they want their team 100% committed to the black-and-white jersey, and 99 per cent of the time, I think they’ve had that.”

On the subject of whether he personally had been diminished by broken promises, Pardew admitted that some of his quotes during the transfer window were designed to “put pressure” on the United board. “There are quotes from me saying, ‘100 per cent, we will get them in’, but I must have been asked the same question 180 times and maybe I slipped up now and again.

“Most times, I’m pretty guarded because of the Andy Carroll situation I had here.

“That was a mistake on my part. But when you get asked hundreds of times a day, and the fans want the number nine shirt filled . . . I now just hope we can fill it in January.

“I think it’s important that I put pressure (on the board) in any way I can. There is a little bit of that involved. I can say that publicly. But I still feel the enthusiasm we have generated at the start of the season has gone with the signing not coming in.

“I think that was very important and I’ve stressed that many, many times to Derek and (owner) Mike (Ashley).

“It was a key to keeping the momentum going, and in some ways, we’ve lost that momentum again. My responsibility to my players is to make sure we use this and turn it the right way around. It can make us stronger with the group that we’ve got.”

Ending with an upbeat prognosis, Pardew feels there remain reasons for optimism at St James’ Park.

“I feel it’s very important I try to bring some sense back to where we are. We have got good players here and I need to make sure our fans don’t carry this burden into the games,” he said.

“We need their backing. It’s important we don’t lose them and I’ve got to make sure the team on Monday (at QPR) gives a display worthy of the jersey and takes that on to Villa (five days later).”