QPR v NUFC - Monday 12th September. Live on Sky (8pm kick-off)

Tooj

How the fuck did we manage to get a point out of that? Admittedly they played well but we were garbage. Our two strikers and fullbacks are gash. Ba and Santon surely must be in for the Villa game and probably Marveaux too. Our luck isn't going to hold out much longer, we need to improve massively.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Your Name Here
Our two strikers and fullbacks are gash.

Not sure what game you were watching, only one of our fullbacks was gash tonight.

Aye, Simpson did OK.

OK being the most we can hope for from about half the team.

Ameobi is only bearable when he throws himself about, and he did that for 5mins after half time - dreadful! Best did well to create his chance other than that didn't get much to work with. The strikers were to far apart, so the 442 was was ineffective, when a header was won it dropped in behind one of them the there was no one near it. Qpr's 5 in midfield dominated, this should have been addressed within a half hour. It gave taarabt the freedom of the park, picking off raylor at will. And what the hell was tiote doing! He needs to sharpen up and quick! Saying that the centreback pairing looks good, and Simpson was better today.

A good point against a buzzing qpr side who look quite tidy.

So content with the start even if the performances haven't matched the results. Conceded 1 goal in 4 games is good reading. 3 goals for - not so much.

Aye but i think you need a football brain* to have seen that, baguettes were mentioned and a comparison to Guthrie was thrown in at one point too.

*possible explanation for shape of Obertan's head, his brain is not football shaped.

Not sure what game you were watching, only one of our fullbacks was gash tonight.

Simpson is a decent defender, and he works up and down his flank and can put a decent cross in. He is far from our worst problem. Wright-Phillips is pretty gash, but he showed us all how shit Ryan Taylor is at defending. When he came over to the left flank and attacked Simpson he didnt have much joy.

The side stinks of free transfers and "good business", there is just no balance. Jonas is the only player able to carry the ball, and he is stuck playing left back while Ryan Taylor takes care of the "buoy" (did I spell that right?) role. Basically standing next to a cb and doing fuck all. Obertan is looking like a proper flop. He was good in that first move and then he just looks like a senseless footballer. 1-touching the ball backwards every time he gets it in a decent position to run at players, which he probably would have had the ability to do. You cant teach a football brain, and he doesnt appear to have one. Id rather have Nolan than Usain fucking Bolt.

Fair play to Colo and Saylor, they are carrying the team atm, together with every opposition striker we have faced so far. And I wouldnt be too harsh on Tiote either. He looses the ball alot but there are absolutely noone who makes themselves available, time and again he gets chased down by 3 players while our whole team stands and watches. While the likes of Cabaye and Obertan plays 1 nice pass then sits down to enjoy a baguette.

:lol:

:icon_lol::razz:

How the fuck did we manage to get a point out of that? Admittedly they played well but we were garbage. Our two strikers and fullbacks are gash. Ba and Santon surely must be in for the Villa game and probably Marveaux too. Our luck isn't going to hold out much longer, we need to improve massively.

Best defence in the league - 1 goal conceded after 4 games. That statistic is an utter miracle quite frankly.

When our luck does eventually run out and we drop points in a game we dominate I would hope Pardew refrains from any 'bad luck/deserved better' remarks unless he has the good grace to put it in the swings-and-roundabouts context of our being fortunate in our opening games.

Personally I thought QPR were weak as water and the biggest scandal was how much time some very average players looked to have on the ball.

Not sure i agree Taarabt and SWP were so fucking brilliant. I mean, Taarabt LOOKED really good but fucking hell, they had acres of field to just do whatever they liked. Im sure Raylor also plays like that in training if there is noone on you giving you a hard time.

QPR were made look good by us, they got smashed 0-4 by a average Bolton side at home not 3 weeks ago..

I was watching the one where Simpson was still piss poor going forward and should have cost us a goal if SWP could finish.

Admittedly he was far better than Raylor but that's still a level of performance that I can't come close to praising.

Mind you he had squidward looking fucking terrible in front of him, Tiote unable to find his man and Caybaye, well was he actually playing?

In all fairness he probably wasn't one of our biggest problems tonight and I was focussing on him because he's been shite all season but he certainly wasn't good.

Best defence in the league - 1 goal conceded after 4 games. That statistic is an utter miracle quite frankly.

When our luck does eventually run out and we drop points in a game we dominate I would hope Pardew refrains from any 'bad luck/deserved better' remarks unless he has the good grace to put it in the swings-and-roundabouts context of our being fortunate in our opening games.

Personally I thought QPR were weak as water and the biggest scandal was how much time some very average players looked to have on the ball.

Disagree, Krul has had some magic saves. That + massive waste of chances is the reason for that. Give City or Man U those chances and we would be looking at double digits easily.

Not sure i agree Taarabt and SWP were so fucking brilliant. I mean, Taarabt LOOKED really good but fucking hell, they had acres of field to just do whatever they liked. Im sure Raylor also plays like that in training if there is noone on you giving you a hard time.

QPR were made look good by us, they got smashed 0-4 by a average Bolton side at home not 3 weeks ago..

The had the whole middle of the park to themselves.

Moby and Best don't run back to harry tackle and Cabby and Tiote were too deep.

Disagree, Krul has had some magic saves. That + massive waste of chances is the reason for that. Give City or Man U those chances and we would be looking at double digits easily.

Yes, that's the point I was making Guns McGee.

Simpson is a decent defender, and he works up and down his flank and can put a decent cross in. He is far from our worst problem. Wright-Phillips is pretty gash, but he showed us all how shit Ryan Taylor is at defending. When he came over to the left flank and attacked Simpson he didnt have much joy.

Id take a gash player like wright Phillips ahead of any of the midfielders we had on show today.

yep.. because we have no balance in our team. Just a bunch of young cheap failures with potential and resale value. We need seasoned premier league players aged 27-32 to tie our side together and show some grit, but oh wait we gave them away for free.

Fuck sake. Wonder how our young guns will react to some uphill battles on britannia on a cold february evening. Cant wait...

:icon_lol: Sorry meight, Im Norwegian so not all of that lovely british sarcasm is picked up :razz:

They were both sat as deep as each other in a line with a massive gap before our front two. School boy basically. Cant see those two ever working together in a 442. You need a more advanced central midfielder in that formation. It's an archaic system anyways. Get a deano style 4231 formation on the go for our next home match.

They were both sat as deep as each other in a line with a massive gap before our front two. School boy basically. Cant see those two ever working together in a 442. You need a more advanced central midfielder in that formation. It's an archaic system anyways. Get a deano style 4231 formation on the go for our next home match.

Im just missing Nolan more and more for each game. Him and Tiote worked so well together.

:icon_lol: Sorry meight, Im Norwegian so not all of that lovely british sarcasm is picked up :razz:

:)

On train home after an hour pissing about in yet another of London's cesspits. Fitting because I could have had more entertainment watching turds be jockied down the pan.

Easily the worst game I've been too since the hammers put 3 past us after twenty.

45 dabs that and about fifty on top. Total waste of time and cash.

Our defence will keep us up, but this is going to ne a dry, dull season.

Embarrassing performance.

Where do we go from here?

On train home after an hour pissing about in yet another of London's cesspits. Fitting because I could have had more entertainment watching turds be jockied down the pan.

Easily the worst game I've been too since the hammers put 3 past us after twenty.

45 dabs that and about fifty on top. Total waste of time and cash.

Our defence will keep us up, but this is going to ne a dry, dull season.

Embarrassing performance.

Where do we go from here?

The only way is down