QPR v NUFC - Monday 12th September. Live on Sky (8pm kick-off)

Tooj

Don't think we should be worrying just because we've been outplayed, nor should we overrate the 7 decent points from the previous three games. When a top four team go to a place like Stoke/Blackburn and grind out an undeserved 1-0 win, everyone's telling me how big a factor "resilience" is. So I'd take a point from a "resilient" (or call it shite) performance. Move on.

Raylor's performance has done enough to convince Pardoo to play Santon now I suppose. It won't change his view on Ameobi though, don't know what he sees in him.

Well said!

Fucking hell, a point away from home against a fresh team looking to prove themselves is positive. Yes, we didn't perform particularly well but it's a point on the board.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiote and cabaye don't look like a midfield 2 in a 442 that can work. They both sit too deep to work together. There was no midfielder playing inbetween the lines and bombing on to join the front two.

Taylor can take a good set piece but he has never been a left back. Bench him.

Obertan had a stinker. Sammy ameobi did more in his brief cameo than obertan did in the whole game.

The less said about the strikers, the better.

Krul looked shaky too.

Struggling for positives other than we stole a point we didn't deserve. I still think that despite the good start, we've got a pretty horrible season of football ahead of us.

Tiote and cabaye don't look like a midfield 2 in a 442 that can work. They both sit too deep to work together. There was no midfielder playing inbetween the lines and bombing on to join the front two.

Obertan had a stinker. Sammy ameobi did more in his brief cameo than obertan did in the whole game.

Krul looked shaky too.

Struggling for positives other than we stole a point we didn't deserve. I still think that despite the good start, we've got a pretty horrible season of football ahead of us.

Bit worried by Obertan. Doesn't really do much when he gets the ball apart from run a bit.

We should be playing 433 with Ba on the left and and Bafra on the right when he's back.

Tiote Marveux and Cabaye as a tight middle three.

Terrible performance but another good result against fellow relegation candidates tbh.

Thank fuck we have not faced a top 4 side yet because when we do we will get hammered. Then all confidence built up by getting points against shit teams will be gone and the reality of what the season holds will set in.

It's more or less been a dream run of games to start the season in terms of the draw. Means we'll have a similarly tough run before too long when the point won't come with these sort of performances. Imagine we played against manure like that in their current form... Yea-ouch.

Yep. The draw has been mightely kind to us. Hopefully by the time we play City, Manchester, Chelsea on the bounce one or two of them are in a bad spot of form. Thing is we need to maximise points before that point because I don't expect points from those games or for a few games after as the team's confidence/form will be shot after a few arse kickings.

To others, I'm all for being positive about the result. And I said its a good result. But putting it in perspective when we get mauled later in the season and lose form and games on the bounce and start to wonder where the points are coming from its to games like today where we should look first.

As an aside, on Cabaye. He looks good. He is not a long ball merchant. He is good at winning the ball deep, linking up in midfield, and playing people in on the edge of the box. Why oh why is Pardoo killing his game by having him sit deep and pump Ameobi I the Shitter all day long.

Edited by toonotl

Bit worried by Obertan. Doesn't really do much when he gets the ball apart from run a bit.

We should be playing 433 with Ba on the left and and Bafra on the right when he's back.

I thought Marveux was a winger? He played on the left, with Jonas through the middle, when he came on.

I thought Marveux was a winger? He played on the left, with Jonas through the middle, when he came on.

He can play anywhere across the midfield.

Guest Your Name Here

Krul looked shaky too.

He’s not very good.

Over the summer Pardew was parping on about how Cabaye was going to control midfield and be the basis of our new possession based style of play. Four league games in and I’ve seen no evidence of either. I don’t think Cabaye is as good as his hype - a tidy player that would look a lot better in a decent side but not the kind of player to take a game by the scruff of the neck, and nowhere near good enough to turn our ragbag of bargains into a cohesive team.

As has been said a thumping off a top four side and it could turn bad very quickly, and if Colo gets injured we’ll be in trouble against the lesser lights.

SWP will rip Ryan Taylor a new one as he is direct and pacey. I'd be tempted to gamble on Santon.

Is swp still the player he was? Must be getting on a bit for a winger and short of games too?

Hasn't really played much for about 100 years.

Well, I called this one correct. Luckily SWP doesnt have an end product (or any quality strikers) today. I would have bought him though.

Raylor looked like Perch out there tonight.

Beyond wank the neet:

Krul 7 - what he had to do he did well, but his timewasting sickened me to my ample core

Simpson 7 - started off shakey, got better

Raylor 4 - looked like a right midfielder playing left back, far too right sided to play there - pish

Saylor 9 - one of his best games for the toon 9/10

Coloccini 7 - overall decent game, leads well

Obertan 4 - looks like an alien, played like Forrest Gump

Tiote 6 - give the ball away too much, but improved

Cabaye 5 - utterly anonymous

Shola 0 - one of the most disgraceful lazy performances of any player in the clubs history

Best 6 - when he had the ball he looked a threat but he had no partner

No creativity, no movement, no attacking ambition - what a load of wank.

Beyond wank the neet:

Krul 7 - what he had to do he did well, but his timewasting sickened me to my ample core

Simpson 7 - started off shakey, got better

Raylor 4 - looked like a right midfielder playing left back, far too right sided to play there - pish

Saylor 9 - one of his best games for the toon 9/10

Coloccini 7 - overall decent game, leads well

Obertan 4 - looks like an alien, played like Forrest Gump

Tiote 6 - give the ball away too much, but improved

Cabaye 5 - utterly anonymous

Shola 0 - one of the most disgraceful lazy performances of any player in the clubs history

Best 6 - when he had the ball he looked a threat but he had no partner

No creativity, no movement, no attacking ambition - what a load of wank.

:lol:

Tiote and Cabaye were outnumbered, when we went to 3 in the middle QPR were nullified and the game petered out. I thought they played really well, there was obviously a massive buzz about the place with even Fernandes' name being chanted. Tiote at least made some important tackles but noticeably gave the ball away far too much. The problem was they were both too deep at the same time, maybe because they were outnumbered.

Krul didnt make any saves of note so their dominance in the second half was more because we were sitting back. First half Wright-Phillips and Taarabt were a class above us and overall, with Barton and Faurlin, they've got some quality in their side. They wont be anywhere near relegation if they continue to play like that.

Pardew gets the blame for the performance for me as even with a proper striker, the service was utter shite. Obertan and Jonas were well below the level needed. It was also obvious that if you are going to try and put the ball down and play it in that formation against a 4-3-3, you need full backs that can link up play, show for the ball from midfield and link up with the winger. Like Enrique basically.

If we keep papering over the cracks like this, we'll be able to decorate the outside of SJP.

Tiote and Cabaye were outnumbered, when we went to 3 in the middle QPR were nullified and the game petered out. I thought they played really well, there was obviously a massive buzz about the place with even Fernandes' name being chanted. Tiote at least made some important tackles but noticeably gave the ball away far too much. The problem was they were both too deep at the same time, maybe because they were outnumbered.

Krul didnt make any saves of note so their dominance in the second half was more because we were sitting back. First half Wright-Phillips and Taarabt were a class above us and overall, with Barton and Faurlin, they've got some quality in their side. They wont be anywhere near relegation if they continue to play like that.

Pardew gets the blame for the performance for me as even with a proper striker, the service was utter shite. Obertan and Jonas were well below the level needed. It was also obvious that if you are going to try and put the ball down and play it in that formation against a 4-3-3, you need full backs that can link up play, show for the ball from midfield and link up with the winger. Like Enrique basically.

If we keep papering over the cracks like this, we'll be able to decorate the outside of SJP.

Good recap that.

Saylor has really come on leaps and bounds lately. Always thought he might (still acts like a prick of course but that can't be helped). Reminds me of Carragher when he was younger.

As for the other Taylor, good free kicks are not enough to warrant a starting place. Must go with Santon next game.

The side stinks of free transfers and "good business", there is just no balance. Jonas is the only player able to carry the ball, and he is stuck playing left back while Ryan Taylor takes care of the "buoy" (did I spell that right?) role. Basically standing next to a cb and doing fuck all. Obertan is looking like a proper flop. He was good in that first move and then he just looks like a senseless footballer. 1-touching the ball backwards every time he gets it in a decent position to run at players, which he probably would have had the ability to do. You cant teach a football brain, and he doesnt appear to have one. Id rather have Nolan than Usain fucking Bolt.

Fair play to Colo and Saylor, they are carrying the team atm, together with every opposition striker we have faced so far. And I wouldnt be too harsh on Tiote either. He looses the ball alot but there are absolutely noone who makes themselves available, time and again he gets chased down by 3 players while our whole team stands and watches. While the likes of Cabaye and Obertan plays 1 nice pass then sits down to enjoy a baguette.

The side stinks of free transfers and "good business", there is just no balance. Jonas is the only player able to carry the ball, and he is stuck playing left back while Ryan Taylor takes care of the "buoy" (did I spell that right?) role. Basically standing next to a cb and doing fuck all. Obertan is looking like a proper flop. He was good in that first move and then he just looks like a senseless footballer. 1-touching the ball backwards every time he gets it in a decent position to run at players, which he probably would have had the ability to do. You cant teach a football brain, and he doesnt appear to have one. Id rather have Nolan than Usain fucking Bolt.

Fair play to Colo and Saylor, they are carrying the team atm, together with every opposition striker we have faced so far. And I wouldnt be too harsh on Tiote either. He looses the ball alot but there are absolutely noone who makes themselves available, time and again he gets chased down by 3 players while our whole team stands and watches. While the likes of Cabaye and Obertan plays 1 nice pass then sits down to enjoy a baguette.

:lol:

Ameobi is only bearable when he throws himself about, and he did that for 5mins after half time - dreadful! Best did well to create his chance other than that didn't get much to work with. The strikers were to far apart, so the 442 was was ineffective, when a header was won it dropped in behind one of them the there was no one near it. Qpr's 5 in midfield dominated, this should have been addressed within a half hour. It gave taarabt the freedom of the park, picking off raylor at will. And what the hell was tiote doing! He needs to sharpen up and quick! Saying that the centreback pairing looks good, and Simpson was better today.

A good point against a buzzing qpr side who look quite tidy.

So content with the start even if the performances haven't matched the results. Conceded 1 goal in 4 games is good reading. 3 goals for - not so much.