The 14 questions

Holden McGroin

So, is it worth a read? Or am I (as usual) better off just ignoring what he's got to say?

If you are a good mood, no.

If you fancy kicking fuck out of something, yes.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He avoids the point of every fucking question. It was an exercise to benefit themselves more than the fans knowing he only had to answer one question without anyone pulling them up on the answer.

I thought there was meant to be 15 questions aswell and as Trophyshy said why was there no question on the SD branding?

And the answer he gave about Level 7 was fucking pitiful aswell

Thank fuck CT and Deano have flounced, I really couldnt put up with their inane drivel and lapping up of this shit

Why was there no question about income from SD signage? No mention at all about the rebranding exercise?

When does the shirt deal end?

Exactly . If Ryder Direct's saying issues about the signage disgrace weren't in the top 15 (subsequently and miraculously reduced to 14 questions) supposedly posed to them for forwarding then i'm the fuckin Pope .

Wrote a long post on these 'answers' before but phone crashed and can't be arsed re-doing but one point - if they never intended to have another singing section , why they enter into pretendy dialogue with displaced l7er's !?

Also the "plenty more work to be done on getting club financially stable" sounds ominous on the back of him simpering about "mike getting called names and not wanting to put his hand in his pocket"

When i say ominous, i mean from the stance of an aloof, childish, conceited, spekky jellyfish who is either so far removed or so vindictive towards his supposed customers to care.

Trouble is, we aren't his customers, never have been.

It's all about some poxy fucking shop, not NUFC.

In hindsight, I think the question about the Carroll replacement saga should simply have been: "Irrespective of the club and it's budget is seven months not long enough for any competent football administration to replace it's key player?" I realise that's a more rhetorical question, but I would rather have seen it phrased as a statement.

:D fucking hell normally i'm happy when i end up being right but this is down right depressing

i hate that gimp

everytime i read "From time to time we are approached by people claiming to have an interest in buying the club. Our message to them is clear: buy a box for a commitment of five-seasons and then we’ll know you’re serious. No-one’s taken us up on that offer!"

I want to bash the life out of those two stupid fucking pricks, what an idiotic fucking thing to come off with to potential buyers.

:D

"Give us £100K first, then we'll listen to what you have to offer"

It's a whole new revenue stream no-one else thought of.

In hindsight, I think the question about the Carroll replacement saga should simply have been: "Irrespective of the club and it's budget is seven months not long enough for any competent football administration to replace it's key player?" I realise that's a more rhetorical question, but I would rather have seen it phrased as a statement.

It's an absurd position to take that they concentrated on one deal for 7 months waiting till the last day or 2 to switch targets, without ever saying "look, either do the deal or we have to move on" after 4 months or summat. The idea they think this (lie) excuses the idiocy of such an approach is most telling about their incompetence.

:D fucking hell normally i'm happy when i end up being right but this is down right depressing

i hate that gimp

everytime i read "From time to time we are approached by people claiming to have an interest in buying the club. Our message to them is clear: buy a box for a commitment of five-seasons and then we’ll know you’re serious. No-one’s taken us up on that offer!"

I want to bash the life out of those two stupid fucking pricks, what an idiotic fucking thing to come off with to potential buyers.

Aye, fucking ridiculous.

Want to buy my car do you? Well you can lease it every third Sunday for 6 months, just to prove your interest. You have to fill it up and get it serviced mind, but you do want to buy it, don't you?

Mendacious cunts.

The thinly veiled 'if you're nice to Mike he might spend some money' shit really boils my piss. How about you stop abusing the heritage of our city and our fathers' fathers to make your next hundred million you FAT GREEDY ARSEHOLE?

Edited by trophyshy

Q1 - The accounts will show if they are lying. They didnt spend it and if it hasnt been transferred to MASH then not sure what else they can say. They arent going to call themselves incompetent but thats the implication of his answer. At least they directly claim its still available, unfortunately it will take a while before they can be held to account on that.

Q2 - Seems a bit redundant now.

Q3 - "Our long-term plan off the field is to make sure that Newcastle United is self-financing" cant argue with that with financial fair play coming.

Q4 - Same bullshit as we've already heard. Taken at face value, incompetence is the main conclusion.

Q5 - Feels a bit like an upset child being told Santa Claus doesnt exist to me.

Q6 - Too many issues in one question, for the bit about standing you've got to say thats fair enough. The Level 7 part is as close to an admission of it being disbanded for snide reasons as we'll get.

Q7 - Nothing question and should have been dealt with under 3.

Q8 - "If we do see a trend emerging for whatever reason, then we will look to address that." Has there been a more encouraging statement to those who wish to rouse protests?

Q9 - Didnt think he was, this exercise being fairly conclusive evidence. Quite a statement imo and worth the exercise to find that out.

Q10 - "we're sticking to our plan" see Q3

Q11 - What can you say to that? Darlington was a massive shame as it was quite funny but clearly going to ruin it for everyone else.

Q12 - See 'The Alan Pardew Conspiracy' post for the real answer.

Q13 - Joey hasnt exactly come clean on this one either. Shit question.

Q14 - I have to agree with Leazes but with Arsenal also a selling club this summer, just goes to show how hard it is not to be. The only thing in their favour is the 7% rise in the wage bill which muddys the water somewhat.

Some of the questions were shit, some of them felt like a lover's quarrel "but why should i ever trust you again?!!" :D

The Chronic just emailed the questions to the PR bird at SJP and got a entirely predictable set of bland corporate PR bullshit answers. No chance to challenge the answers (and no doubt no effort to even propose that on the Chron's side) but when the next horrendous set of club decisions occur (my guess, late January/early February :D ) and provokes a reaction from the fans they can point to " we answered fans questions in September blah blah blah...." Utterly pointless excercise and sadly all too predictable.

It's an absurd position to take that they concentrated on one deal for 7 months waiting till the last day or 2 to switch targets, without ever saying "look, either do the deal or we have to move on" after 4 months or summat. The idea they think this (lie) excuses the idiocy of such an approach is most telling about their incompetence.

Absolutely.

Equally the notion that at £35 million the Carroll deal was 'too good to turn down'. If the money can't be re-invested because we're always being 'held to ransom' because people know we've got it, is it even worth having it in the first place from a footballing point of view? The 'held to ransom' response was anticipated by pretty much everyone on here, a better question might have been: "In future very large profit transactions, given your spending policy, would it not be better from a footballing point of view to simply retain the player, being as certain transfer sums appear to be inhibitive to NUFC in terms of future business?"

Guest Your Name Here

i hate that gimp

Aye, fucking ridiculous.

Want to buy my car do you? Well you can lease it every third Sunday for 6 months, just to prove your interest. You have to fill it up and get it serviced mind, but you do want to buy it, don't you?

Mendacious cunts.

The thinly veiled 'if you're nice to Mike he might spend some money' shit really boils my piss. How about you stop abusing the heritage of our city and our fathers' fathers to make your next hundred million you FAT GREEDY ARSEHOLE?

Respect has to be earned and behaving like a twat doesn’t count no matter how much money you have.

Edited by Your Name Here

Guest Your Name Here
Whom was owed what? Does the Owner include his purchase price in this figure?

Yes. The £280m breaks down something like this.

A £135m (loan?) for the purchase of the club.

A £110m loan to pay off the stadium loan and other existing interest incurring debts.

A £25-35m loan to cover operating losses during our season in the championship

It fucks me off big style that Ryder reels out this shit. In the same way it fucks me off that we’ve had the crap about FMA being some kind of saviour rammed down our throats for the best part of four years. At end of the day an NUFC carrying a £100m of debts was either worth £135m or FMA paid too much. Either way he deserves no praise. He either got what he paid for or he fucked up... it’s no basis for kissing his arse Mr Ryder.

Edited by Your Name Here