Pet Hates!

catmag

Forum posters who seem to be actively looking for a fight and simply will not give up being annoying, despite warnings from admins and actually being proven wrong.

They always get in my nerves, those types. :)

:lol:

Who could you mean?

To be fair everyone I'm going to be living with next year is from in and around London. I know exactly what you mean though about the bubble. I find they're more often from Surrey, I've met about 30 people from guildford alone.

Twats who collect for charity on the high street wearing costumes.

There's a nobhead in town today (Bonamental, he's by Kings Lion Walk at the moment) with red spikey hair, flesh tunnels and a batman outfit. Surprisingly not many people are stopping to talk to him!

English people who use yank expressions "Aye I think I'll take a rain check on that." Pipe down you mug.

A term that originates from one of your favourite sports too, baseball.

To be fair everyone I'm going to be living with next year is from in and around London. I know exactly what you mean though about the bubble. I find they're more often from Surrey, I've met about 30 people from guildford alone.

We aren't all posh. We may sound it, but doesn't mean we are. Trust me, I went to school with enough pikeys.

Twats who collect for charity on the high street wearing costumes.

There's a nobhead in town today (Bonamental, he's by Kings Lion Walk at the moment) with red spikey hair, flesh tunnels and a batman outfit. Surprisingly not many people are stopping to talk to him!

They always seem to be on the High Street, never North Street. Must be the cobbles, people can't run so fast. Always seem to get collared up by Tunsgate, they have little groups and if you aren't paying attention one will splinter off and latch onto you.

We aren't all posh. We may sound it, but doesn't mean we are. Trust me, I went to school with enough pikeys.

I've got nothing against 'posh' people, I'm sometimes accused of it, it's just there seems to be a wierdly high concentration of twats from that area at Notts.

Thick teenagers.

On the bus home from work this morning and the usual gaggle of emo teenagers got on the bus and one of them sat next to me, with his two female friends sat in front. He spent the first 5 minutes flattening his shredded wheat hair forward as far as it would possibly go. then turns to one of the lasses and says "Uhhhmm, can I borrow your um...eye thing?"

"My what?"

"You know, your eye thing..."

"Eh, what you on about man, you retard?!"

"That eye thing that you do your make up with and that.."

"OH, my mirror! Yeah, course...."

Eye thing?! How thick do you have to be to not know the name of a mirror?! FFS, the youth of today.

Thick teenagers.

On the bus home from work this morning and the usual gaggle of emo teenagers got on the bus and one of them sat next to me, with his two female friends sat in front. He spent the first 5 minutes flattening his shredded wheat hair forward as far as it would possibly go. then turns to one of the lasses and says "Uhhhmm, can I borrow your um...eye thing?"

"My what?"

"You know, your eye thing..."

"Eh, what you on about man, you retard?!"

"That eye thing that you do your make up with and that.."

"OH, my mirror! Yeah, course...."

Eye thing?! How thick do you have to be to not know the name of a mirror?! FFS, the youth of today.

Aye. I think many kids seem to revel in being ignorant and thick. They'll have the intelligence to tell you something but it'll be "that fing, that daft fing".

I've got nothing against 'posh' people, I'm sometimes accused of it, it's just there seems to be a wierdly high concentration of twats from that area at Notts.

Are you at Uni of Notts?

You seemed to get nowt but ugg boots and gilet-toting rars offset by crazy lefties when I was there. :D

Have you seen the Indian lass who rides around on a segway complete with safety helmet? She's probably graduated now mind.

Are you at Uni of Notts?

You seemed to get nowt but ugg boots and gilet-toting rars offset by crazy lefties when I was there. :D

Have you seen the Indian lass who rides around on a segway complete with safety helmet? She's probably graduated now mind.

I am yeah. This video summarises it pretty accurately tbh, especially about the rugby lads...

Edited by RobH

DIY. What a fucking pile of shit.

The tap in the kitchen is fucked, so I thought I'd have a blast at sorting it. So I go and buy the tap and clear out the cupboard under the sink, only to find that the one that's in there must have been installed prior to putting all the cabinets in, cos the tap is bang in line with break in the cupboard (I.e. the cupboard is split into two). So I fuck about with it for ages, seeing if I can get the tap loose and eventually come to the conclusion that it'll need the cabinet taking apart which I'm not prepared to do.

So, having decided I'll ring a plumber instead, I turn the water supply on. And the fucking pipe under the sink starts pissing water everywhere. My lass is insistent that we ring the plumber back and get him to come out on an emergency, and I'm saying "No cos all he's gonna do is come out and tighten the nuts on this pipe. He's not gonna emergency fit your new tap for you, he'll just stop the leak, and we'll have to pay the twat again next week to sort this thing!"

So I have to go back to the DIY shop and buy a second adjustable spanner cos its one of those where you have to hold one of the nut things while you turn the other one or else they both spin.

Honestly I fucking hate DIY. I went straight into the bedroom and installed the Freesat box on the telly in there, to make sure that the house knows that I'm still the boss and that plumbing just happens to be for gays.

Edited by Gemmill

There's fuck all tight about that, dipshit. Pay a plumber an emergency call out to tighten some nuts on a pipe or do it myself for the cost of an adjustable spanner?

It's called common sense. :razz:

:aye: We were having problems with hot water coming through in the morning, meaning the showers were not fun times. The girls in the house were insistent we got out a plumber. I thought balls to that, it's plumbing, not brain surgery. So I got online did a bit of googling and found that our pressure was below the recommended amount. A little loosening of one valve and wouldn't you know it, I fixed the problem. I'm not even that good at DIY or owt like that, but like Gemmill's position, I'm not paying for some robbing twat to turn a tap a bit.

Yeah - I know I'm sad but I actually find it interesting/exciting trying to win something and just get pissed off when it fails - I mean I could have bid quite a bit more for it but still...

Im an ebay pro. No seriously I am :)

Always wait til 12 seconds to go and then enter the highest amount you are prepared to pay, regardless of what the current auction price is.

I never get sniped, I am The Sniper :)

why dont you do that anyway and then its the same except you dont have to be there... that makes no sense lol

Well apart from the obvious thrill element of winning, which I like to be there for (get yer thrills where you can), I am sure if an item is bid on by someone else, your autobidder will automatically stick a counter bid in, alerting your competitor to your presence.

My way is ninja stealth until its too late. :)

Sometimes though if I'd decided that my maximum bid was say £100 but I was then outbid at the last minute I enjoy the stupidity of chucking another £20 or whatever on - autobid seems too cold.

Another pet hate I've just had is having righteous anger deflated - got a text from British Gas saying they were trebling my electricity direct debit so leapt out of bed ready to have a rant only to find that their calculations are correct and the direct debit I set up last year at an arbitrary figure wasn't really putting a dent in the ongoing blance - bastards.

Always wait til 12 seconds to go and then enter the highest amount you are prepared to pay, regardless of what the current auction price is.

Can help to put in odd penny amounts, too. £20.73 rather than £20.00, say. :good:

Can help to put in odd penny amounts, too. £20.73 rather than £20.00, say. :good:

Exactly :lol: