Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

You need 4 strikers. Ba and Cisse can't play every game and, like it or not, there will be matches where having Big Andy up top will prove an effective weapon. I'd be delighted if we got him back, though the quoted £17m fee and £75k wages just seem like they've got no chance. Would he take a pay cut?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You never know though, if we're low-balling the wages Liverpool might turn it down, Carroll might even (though I doubt it)

if it does come off it'll be interesting to see how the preseason matches progress with the formations once we get closer to the proper kick off

So would this mean Ba is definitely on the way? If not I can't see it.

don't see why, we need more than 11 players one in doesn't mean one out, especially if its one in on loan.

its not late enough in the window for us to be panic signing someone as a replacement.

don't see why, we need more than 11 players one in doesn't mean one out, especially if its one in on loan.

its not late enough in the window for us to be panic signing someone as a replacement.

I agree about the squad depth, but it's more his wages I'm thinking about.

you dont need to pay all of them in a loan deal, liverpool might still be paying a portion of his contracted wages there

knowing our negotiators I don't see them going nuts on wages for a player if they don't feel its right.

Am really not sure what to make of this.

To be honest I'd rather have Ba and Cisse starting every game, of course after them we're thin on numbers after the departure of Best and Lovenkrands (and Ranger and Xisco likely too),. Thing is if we keep Ba then who is going to be happy sitting on the bench? Carroll? If he wants to impress Rodgers then he wants to be playing regularly. If he wants to get a move back here then it's a different matter.

Either way I never like having loan players. I can't escape the fact that they're not Newcastle United players, it just feels a bit weird.

Comment on the BBC article:

a loan of a player of this ability is insulting and unfair to him he needs a team where he can thrive and become a great striker, newcastle are in reality being selfish and never wanted him so shouldnt be allowed to loan him liverpool would be best letting him find a club that will enhance his tallent not repress it.

o_O

I think he'd be an ok signing to be honest. There are times when we resort to banging them up still, and then Ba and Cisse arent all that effective. Besides we do have to rotate them around a bit. I for one would like to have a good target man other than Shola. Would prefer to pay nothing for Hoilett, but I can't deny it will be delicious to basically spend the rest of the Carroll money on Carroll himself. :)

Though if we do sign him back next season, for say £15m, thats £20m profit in my book!

We had a 25% sell on clause I believe, plus don't they still owe us some cash from the original deal, they only (only!!) paid £30Mill up front.

The idea of Carroll being a replacement for Ba does not sit well with me, especially as Carroll would only be on loan at first. If Ba goes then we need a permanent replacement straight away, and if he left I'd hope it'd be something who can play out wider than the aforementioned (Hoilett etc).

Edited by Monroe Transfer

I think he'd be an ok signing to be honest. There are times when we resort to banging them up still, and then Ba and Cisse arent all that effective. Besides we do have to rotate them around a bit. I for one would like to have a good target man other than Shola. Would prefer to pay nothing for Hoilett, but I can't deny it will be delicious to basically spend the rest of the Carroll money on Carroll himself. :)

:lol:

I remember being bloody depressed out in Nottingham with a bunch of mates who are Liverpool fans on the night of January 31st 2011. If I'd have known this would be the case 18 months later I'd have been fucking cock-a-hoop. What a turnaround for us.