Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

Who says he'll warm the bench though. You wouldn't call Drogba a bench warmer, but he only started 22 games last season, he'd be one of three top strikers.

Like I said we're not in a position to pay that for somebody that would only be our third choice striker. Also as mentioned I'd like us to go with 4-3-3 for most games which would limit his starting opportunities even further. If we're looking for a forward type player I'd rather we paid good money for somebody that can play more wide as we already have Ba and Cisse to play in the middle.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with top sides today, there is no first eleven, you should have 16-18 players who are rotated depending on the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition. For example, if a team had a centre half like Williamson, Carroll would be the first name on the team sheet for me.

I agree with Stevie here and I think Pardew does too, remember Llambias quotes about Pardew wanting a smaller squad but with more quality available from the bench? Also I don't think anyone disputes that we went after De Jong, now I presumed it would have been a replacement for Ba but it's possible that he wasn't and De Jong coming in with Best, Lovenkrands, Ranger and Xisco departing still makes us a much stronger outfit IMO.

My biggest problem with Carroll coming in is how we play as I'd rather go for someone that can play anywhere across the front 3, other than that he will be without doubt a good addition.

Rodgers saw his Swansea side have all the possession down there but saw real classy finishing by Cisse to beat them. Rodgers didn't buy Carroll and may not want him. If LFC have got big pockets it wouldn't surprise me them going for Cisse and possibly Ba as well with them hoping to use Carroll as a sweetener/face saver to a deal.

Pure speculation if there is indeed talks.

My biggest problem with Carroll coming in is how we play as I'd rather go for someone that can play anywhere across the front 3, other than that he will be without doubt a good addition.

Yup. As we all know the thing with Carroll at both us and Liverpool is that he's at his most useful when the team is based around him.

If LFC have got big pockets it wouldn't surprise me them going for Cisse and possibly Ba as well with them hoping to use Carroll as a sweetener/face saver to a deal.

Pure speculation if there is indeed talks.

More chance of me making three decent posts in a row.

Also - they just spent £11m on a striker (Borini).

Like I said we're not in a position to pay that for somebody that would only be our third choice striker. Also as mentioned I'd like us to go with 4-3-3 for most games which would limit his starting opportunities even further. If we're looking for a forward type player I'd rather we paid good money for somebody that can play more wide as we already have Ba and Cisse to play in the middle.

Just supposing we operated a policy where no one is first choice, it would hardly be a novel approach. With 130k at least coming off the wage budget, transfer profits over the last 2/3 years, additional pending revenue coming in from European football, I don't understand why we aren't in a position to do it.

Just supposing we operated a policy where no one is first choice, it would hardly be a novel approach. With 130k at least coming off the wage budget, transfer profits over the last 2/3 years, additional pending revenue coming in from European football, I don't understand why we aren't in a position to do it.

The revenue from European football is fuck all though. I'm sure I read that Stoke only got about 4 million from their Europa league run last year.

Also I'd be unhappy if I was Cisse or Ba and Carroll comes back earning more than they do.

The revenue from European football is fuck all though. I'm sure I read that Stoke only got about 4 million from their Europa league run last year.

Also I'd be unhappy if I was Cisse or Ba and Carroll comes back earning more than they do.

Another Obertan that, man.

Fulham made £11m not including gate receipts and that is increased for next season. We'll make £1m off gate receipts alone from every home game. I think his wage demands will obviously be the deciding factor and if Liverpool would be prepared to supplement them as many clubs do these days.

There's no way we'd give them any of our key players for Carroll btw, that's mental thinking.

We'd never give them any key player, we'd sell them our club Granny if the price was right though. Alan Kennedy, Terry Mac, Peter Beardsley, Jose Enrique and Andy Carroll. All good NUFC players who went to Liverpool. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Liverpool wanted one of our key players, from their point of view they'd see Carroll as a good makeweight to any deal. If the price is right we'd sell.

I hope there's no talks going on between the clubs to be honest.

Based on absolutely nothing this but could we see Pardew swap formation to one Keegan used in his second spell here? If Debuchy comes in he will get all of his width from his fullbacks and then go with a 3 man midfield with Ben Arfa sat behind a front 2.

Decent shout Baggio. Would allow Ba and Cisse to work as a front two (and they showed glimpses of that working eg. vs Chelsea). Would be interesting to see how Ben Arfa would perform in that free role, as it didn't work as well when he was in behind the lone striker as opposed to on the right of a three.

I'll ask again, which games did we play 4-3-3 last season? Did it always succeed? Was it against a range of sides in terms of quality or against lesser sides? 4-3-3 is no more than a preference without that analysis.

If Liverpool know we're bidding north of 10m for a striker then maybe they approached us.

Guest CabayeAye

Why?

Ba - dodgy knees, needy national team, questionable loyalty, severe loss of form...

Edited by CabayeAye

4-3-3 was first introduced West Brom (a) and we used it against Liverpool (h), Swansea (a), Bolton (h) and Stoke (h) before reverting to long ball 4-4-2 in the first half of the Wigan howking. 4-4-2 was used effectively against Chelsea and then employed again vs. Citeh. Can't remember much of the Everton game.