***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

Caught me by surprise with that response, I genuinely never saw that coming.

Haha

Cock

It basically amounts to what they've got already, the formats are almost identical anyway with hundreds of games. They'll just be filtering some CL money to EL teams and combining them to one winner.

I'm assuming you quoted the wrong post HF??

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to see if he would admit to being a liar. Turns out he doesn't have it in his locker. No surprise!

what I say is true. You're a liar. You backed the spending of Souness and encouraged more right to the end, and disagreed with me when I said he should be sacked for selling good players and wasting lots of money, both on here and on Newcastle Online, and you know it.

You could start by admitting that what I have said, which you have rubbished for years [summarised AGAIN earlier this morning] is happening and is about to become even more obvious.

I'm happy to start again with you, but it takes 2 to tango, although if you can't even admit that what I have been saying this morning for the umpteenth time is actually happening, it doesn't bode well.

You say I come on here on monday and make a series of posts, but you don't mention juvenile remarks you make on here when you see me log in ?

Leazes you absolutely ARE a liar, as well as a massive hypocrite. You have, on numerous occasions, tried to attribute complete fallacy to me, just so you can then argue against it. Don't worry though, I dont feel singled out, as you pretty much do it to anyone on here who holds a different stance to you on ANY topic, and you top it all off by trying to pidgeon-hole everyone of the aforementioned as "Ashley lovers," mainly so you can preserve your own personal siege mentality, which no doubt is essential in keeping you aloft in your baloon of self delusion.

You focus on single points made by other forum members in the distant past, and you use them like a stick with which to beat them around the head and try and belittle them. However they invariably are proved to be unrecognisably skewed and twisted versions of what was actually said, or in other cases just absolute made up bullshit. The thing is, even if (for example,) Gemmill did say "Back Souness with unlimited funds," he possesses something of which you have never shown a glimpse of, and that is the ability to take on board further information and use this to re-assess/update his stance. You however show no flexibility, or evolution of your viewpoint, and as such must be recognised as the most stuck in the mud/entrenched poster on here.

Perhaps there was a time when you were HONESTLY able to feel you held a "highground" in outlooks (perhaps the relegation season for example,) but I cannot for one moment entertain the idea that you are STILL unwavering in your outlook (despite a change in fortunes/direction/results,) without concluding that you may well have at least a mild form of mental health issues. You see it ISN'T normal/healthy for anyone not to reassess their stance every now & then.

To try and put it into context, I loved betting on the Grand National for many years, however I decided last year to stop betting on it, as I fundamentally disagree with how many horses are injured/killed in this particular race. This does not mean that my earlier view was "wrong", nor does it mean I am a hypocrite, .... it means my viewpoint has evolved. To bring this back to NUFC, when Ashley first took over I was extremely positive, and hoped this would be good for the club. As the club blundered it's way through the first few years, dropping many clangers on the way to eventual relegation, I gradually changed my personal opinion on it all. Following what has gone on since then I have again reconsidered my stance as each twist and turn has become apparent. THIS IS NORMAL, DONT BE AFRAID LEAZES! Given all that has gone on since Ashley took over, I have no qualms in admitting that my stance is an optimistic one, and that i believe things are on the up. Perhaps time WILL prove me wrong, but living in the present (as most sane people do,) that is how my brain has processed the variables.

In one way I feel there are comparisons to be made with the stadium renaming issue (although some may think this a little "off on a tangent",) Yes the stadium has been called St James' Park for a long time, and Yes there is a lot of history attached to it, however I fail to get too worked up about the prospect of changing the name for extra income. I think someone mentioned here that nobody has renamed their stadium, instead they have built new stadiums and "rented out" the naming rights, and so the general consensus is that that is alright as that isn't "trashing tradition". Personally, I feel that moving stadiums must SURELY be MORE of a break with tradition?? I mean would it be alright to call it Sports Direct Arena if Ashley built us a spanking new 120,000 all seater stadium?? I'd say yes it would..... BUT that would mean moving the football away from the very place it has been for as long as we could ever remember.

Arsenal have built "The Emirates", and have/will be able to generate extra income by selling the naming rights, so as well as the stadium not being CALLED Highbury, the stadium isnt even where Highbury was.... Is this really more acceptable?? If so I fail to see how.

As long as we DO generate extra income by selling naming rights, then I have no problem with this as it must surely help us compete with other clubs that generate income this way. If Fifa's FFP does actually affect the way clubs are run then I would say it becomes more essential to explore avenues like this. Obviously that is if we DO generate extra income.... I certainly wouldnt give it away for free!! Again, my viewpoint on this has evolved since it was first announced, and since the letters were crowbarred off the wall..... however, again, I do not think this makes me a hypocrite..... just normal.

wow, sorry to all for long post.

I'd like to answer your post, as its for once constructive rather than reactive juvenile nonsense, but I would only be repeating several points I've made before which annoys people and I can understand how people feel about seeing the same sort of posts from me. Do you understand the reason for that is because people make the same points which either compells me to give the same replies, or to ignore them ? So I can't win either way.

I am open to "reconsider".I've just said in the post to fish that I hope the club continues its new policy of keeping its best players and putting new ones straight into the team, I obviously sincerely hope the club do this in the summer, and next January, and the summer after and as long as is possible within reason. This is how I want the club to behave, it is how I have said they should be behaving, and is precisely what I've been saying they ought to be doing for years.

Like yourself, I don't care about the renaming of the stadium, up to a point. I don't like it but I recognise the world changes, commercial needs and the need to compete are paramount. I don't care about the advertising on the roof either, so long as he backs his managers and the team succeeds on the pitch. I have also always said that. I have also said in the past on here that I think the biggest mistake of the past regime was not moving to that new ground at Leazes, and I still think that. The tradition doesn't bother me. I think they should have stuck it out and threatened the council with moving out of the city, and I think they would have got permission if they had shown they meant business. You made a comment about the warehouses a day or two ago, well I didn't care about that, it was a trivial amount [not millions like the sale of Carroll] but if Mike Ashley qualifies for the Champions League, europe and brings the calibre of player to the club on a consistent basis to do all of this as happened before I won't care how much money he makes either.

I don't want to go on about this and I don't want to ruin the message board for people, who disagree with me and so end up bickering, apart from those who advocate banning of people which I think is absolutey shameful.

It appears that the main focus of these disagreements is solely based on the fact that I think Mike Ashley will not show the ambition I want to see, whereas others either think he will, or hope he will, and confuse the 2. Sadly, I just don't think he will and in my eyes, having seen underambition for 3 decades in the 60's, 70;s and 80's it is quite easy to spot.

I hope you can accept this. if you don't agree, can we leave it until September to discuss it again ?

Edited by LeazesMag

I've offered Scotty boy an olive branch Dave, and his mate too. This is going back a fair bit mind, and been mentioned a few times but he ignored it. I don't expect either of them to be big enough to take it.

Only Mike Ashley will change my views, and I will be happy if he continues his policy of keeping our best players, bringing in quality players and backing his managers with money from sales and and the budget a big ambitious club ought to.

It's no good people saying this is "rubbish", nor the growth of the club in terms of increasing Sports Direct advertising and selling of players, which I have said was going to happen , because it is unfortunately correct. If someone can show otherwise, I will admit that this is wrong.

I have said if the club keeps all its best players, and backs the manager to put 2 or 3 players straight into that team, following the new transfer policy it adopted in January, I will be delighted to admit that I am wrong, providing if he doesn't do this and fails to build on this season, they will also admit that they are wrong.

I've gave up hope of winning money from them, as they clearly don't want to put up and back up their claims with cash.

If Gemmill indicates he will either a. acknowledge this or b. stop bickering with me and saying it is rubbish, I will be quite happy to do the same about what he posts, but I would prefer to be upfront and honest like adults. That also goes for his mate.

I've read, re-read and thrice read this post and you haven't answered my question. I'll reiterate it.

"If he does*, do you promise to stop misquoting, misinterpreting and misleading people?

Do you promise to start from scratch?"

*by does, I mean Gemmil is to 'explain, intelligently if you can, exactly what it is you disagree with. And why ?'

so you agree that a club like NUFC has to sell its best players to meet normal operational financial committments ? What happened to the 14th biggest revenues in football ? And what about the fees received for Nolan and Enrique ? What about their wages too ?

They are conning foolish supporters man, and they are believing this drivel. What other so-called big club spins this sort of rubbish to its supporters ?

This is the actions of a 2nd rate sellng club, with a small fanbase like Stoke, Bolton, Blackburn etc......and people are falling for it hook, line and sinker. They need to sell to survive. Fair enough if you think NUFC are a 2nd rate selling club like Stoke, Bolton and Blackburn mind.

14th Revenue blah - Not sure of the relevance but what happened to it is it declined for ages and naturally being relegated was the biggest impact. Its a no brainer. Being relegated would have a huge impact on TV money. Plus the fans being against the new ownership and not spending as much. All my assumptions of course.

Do we have to sell our best players? At the moment I would say in the same we that Man Utd sold their best player (an offer they could not refuse) or that we have always always said, if a players doesnt want to be here, sell him (Enrique). I would be pissed if we sold Tiote for £10M for example but if £25M came in I would have to think long and hard as that could be reinvested (like the AC money has been) to strengthen us further.

What about the wages eh. Outgoing (of relevance) Barton, AC, Enrique, Nolan, Campbell, Routledge. I have no idea but lets say £50K each. That is £300Kpw or £15.5M a year.

Incoming (of relevance). HBA, Cabaye, Ba, Marv, Obertan, Santon, Cisse using the same £50K is £350Kpw or £18M a year.

What sort of club spins this kind of rubbish? I think you'll find Man Utd fans are often pissed at their new ownership and debt that brought. Arsenal as said spend (nett) less than we do? How do you think they manage it? Are they not ambitious?

So you think we are the same as Bolton etc. Tell you what LM, I reckon all of those you name would love to be where we are right now. Not bad for a 2nd rate club eh.

JawD its a fact that NUFC had the 14th biggest revenues in football. Given the fact that you appear to think that despite this, the club needs to use part of money received from the sale of a player to meet normal operational requirements, does that not mean you think NUFC need to sell to survive ?

If you don't, at what stage do you think a club needs to do better than have the 14th biggest revenues in world football so they do not have to do this ?

I realise such a logical and obvious train of thought will be too much to comprehend for certain people, like the accountant, his mate the grey man and Fish to name a few.

Because Turnover means nothing. Turnover just tells you how much income the business has.

Think of it another way. Business A has a turnover of £100M and bloke B has a Turnover of £50M. Who is better off? You dont know do you. Business A generates a higher level of income, but to generate that income might cost £99M while Business B might cost £25M to generate theirs. therefore Business B is the better model (teaching to suck eggs here Im sure). But my point is that the 14th biggest revenue is/was not all that relevant. Some figures for you.

04/05 - 12th on 128M

05/06 - 13th on 124M

06/07 - 14th on 129M

07/08 - 17th on 125M

08/09 - 20th on 101M

09/10 - not in top 20 but <£81M - Not surprising given relegation?

10/11 - TBC but I would expect a large increase over 09/10

But this point about the 14th largest revenue, tbh I dont really get your point being made? Yes, I know the income has dropped and that is no surprise given the reasons said. But previously we were not profitable, we loaned the money.

Simply, to answer your question. do we need to sell to survive? No.

Do we need to sell to cover operational costs? No.

Do we need to sell to buy new players? Yes and No. If we can sell a player for large profit, profit that would take a long time to generate through normal trading (on shirt sales etc) then this is a quicker way to have the funds to reinvest.

My turn. Dont twist it or change it. No ifs but maybes. Just a simple 1) or 2).

Which scenario would you prefer :

1) Sell no players (other than those not getting a game) and invest £10M in squad for two new players (assuming 2 at £5M each or One and a free)

2) Sell one big player for £20M (not including those not getting a game) and invest £25M in Four new players (Assuming £5M each still or One £10M, Two £5M one free etc)

Baring in mind we need to strengthen our squad depth, more so in Europe.

Patience of a saint from JawD here mind. And the idiot absolutely does not deserve it.

I have two kids. 2 & 4. This is nowt man :lol:

Leazes, when did Newcastle United have the 14th largest revenues in football. Which dates exactly? Simple answer, here I will help

Between 19** and ****

I look forward to an un Andy Carroll related response

Here you go:

04/05 - 12th on 128M

05/06 - 13th on 124M

06/07 - 14th on 129M

07/08 - 17th on 125M

08/09 - 20th on 101M

09/10 - not in top 20 but <£81M - Not surprising given relegation?

10/11 - TBC but I would expect a large increase over 09/10

I'd like to answer your post, as its for once constructive rather than reactive juvenile nonsense, but I would only be repeating several points I've made before which annoys people and I can understand how people feel about seeing the same sort of posts from me. Do you understand the reason for that is because people make the same points which either compells me to give the same replies, or to ignore them ? So I can't win either way.

I am open to "reconsider".I've just said in the post to fish that I hope the club continues its new policy of keeping its best players and putting new ones straight into the team, I obviously sincerely hope the club do this in the summer, and next January, and the summer after and as long as is possible within reason. This is how I want the club to behave, it is what I have said they should be behaving, and is precisely what I've been saying they ought to be doing for years.

Like yourself, I don't care about the renaming of the stadium, up to a point. I don't like it but I recognise the world changes, commercial needs and the need to compete are paramount. I don't care about the advertising on the roof either, so long as he backs his managers and the team succeeds on the pitch. I have also always said that. You made a comment about the warehouses a day or two ago, well I didn't care about that, it was a trivial amount [not millions like the sale of Carroll] but if Mike Ashley qualifies for the Champions League, europe and brings the calibre of player to the club on a consistent basis to do all of this as happened before I won't care how much money he makes either.

I don't want to go on about this and I don't want to ruin the message board for people, who disagree with me and so end up bickering, apart from those who advocate banning of people which I think is absolutey shameful.

It appears that the main focus of these disagreements is solely based on the fact that I think Mike Ashley will not show the ambition I want to see, whereas others either think he will, or hope he will, and confuse the 2. Sadly, I just don't think he will and in my eyes, having seen underambition for 3 decades in the 60's, 70;s and 80's it is quite easy to spot.

I hope you can accept this. if you don't agree, can we leave it until September to discuss it again ?

I can apprecaiate you have seen the Mckeag's, Seymours etc, perhaps the disappointment of these experiences is stopping you from investing too much hope towards the current situation. However, I DO wonder if perhaps these combined experiences have pushed you TOO far to the other end of the scale? (not having a go there, i honestly wonder.) If this IS the case, I hope that you are at least able to swing it back towards centre some of the way, as i fear you may miss out on a good adventure/experience by not being able to do so. Once bitten twice shy I understand, Three times bitten pushes it further (to six times shy if we follow the formula :D )

I mean you no disrespect when i say this, but i wonder if you are perhaps like a heartbroken ugly girl who refuses to let anyone into her life???

Edited by PUGATRON1000

LM, another question. I keep bringing up Arsenal. What is your opinion? Never mind 14th in the money league, they are 5th with near double what we have ever had. Yet, their net transfers are less than us.

Discuss.

I am not typing out AGAIN what I disagree with this clown over. I've been doing it for 8 years and have got nowhere. He is incapable of intelligent thought. Fuck. That.

JawD has tried in the last couple of pages to engage in debate with him and has received "14th best revenue" nonsense and bullshit about Stoke and Bolton in response.

I have no patience and no desire to get into it with him. It is utterly pointless. It's not a question of whether I'm big enough to accept this olive branch (how condescending?), it's a question of whether I can be bothered to write page after page in a doomed effort to get somewhere with this bloke. Im not prepared to waste my time on it. I know exactly where it'll end up. So does everyone else.

Patience of a saint from JawD here mind. And the idiot absolutely does not deserve it.

I have two kids. 2 & 4. This is nowt man :lol:

:lol: I was gonna say something about how you must have more patience than me from dealing with kids,but I didn't want you to think I was insulting them. :lol:

It's nice/ironic/amusing to see all this nonsense in Baggio's Euro thread. It's the ultimate testimony to the incorrectness of the 'selling club' narrative.

Will there ever be a time you get back off your high horse? :razz:

Leazes, when did Newcastle United have the 14th largest revenues in football. Which dates exactly? Simple answer, here I will help

Between 19** and ****

I look forward to an un Andy Carroll related response

It was 7th highest at one point iirc. Although turnover alone means nowt.

It's nice/ironic/amusing to see all this nonsense in Baggio's Euro thread. It's the ultimate testimony to the incorrectness of the 'selling club' narrative.

When we sell all our best players, replace them with inferior ones and pocket all the cash. Dont be bitter, you and HF hedged with Leazes and now look all silly. Forgive me for revelling in it ;)

When we sell all our best players, replace them with inferior ones and pocket all the cash. Dont be bitter, you and HF hedged with Leazes and now look all silly. Forgive me for revelling in it ;)

That's patent nonsense. I've said good things about the current regime going back months.

All you've done is follow the mainstream media narrtive slavishly regarding Pards and Ashley. If you want to congratulate yourself for that be my guest.

Apart from which you stood by Obertans for how many months??? :razz:

I am open to "reconsider".I've just said in the post to fish that I hope the club continues its new policy of keeping its best players and putting new ones straight into the team, I obviously sincerely hope the club do this in the summer, and next January, and the summer after and as long as is possible within reason. This is how I want the club to behave, it is what I have said they should be behaving, and is precisely what I've been saying they ought to be doing for years.

Like yourself, I don't care about the renaming of the stadium, up to a point. I don't like it but I recognise the world changes, commercial needs and the need to compete are paramount. I don't care about the advertising on the roof either, so long as he backs his managers and the team succeeds on the pitch. I have also always said that. You made a comment about the warehouses a day or two ago, well I didn't care about that, it was a trivial amount [not millions like the sale of Carroll] but if Mike Ashley qualifies for the Champions League, europe and brings the calibre of player to the club on a consistent basis to do all of this as happened before I won't care how much money he makes either.

I can apprecaiate you have seen the Mckeag's, Seymours etc, perhaps the disappointment of these experiences is stopping you from investing too much hope towards the current situation. However, I DO wonder if perhaps these combined experiences have pushed you TOO far to the other end of the scale? (not having a go there, i honestly wonder.) If this IS the case, I hope that you are at least able to swing it back towards centre some of the way, as i fear you may miss out on a good adventure/experience by not being able to do so. Once bitten twice shy I understand, Three times bitten pushes it further (to six times shy if we follow the formula :D )

I mean you no disrespect when i say this, but i wonder if you are perhaps like a heartbroken ugly girl who refuses to let anyone into her life???

I can see my time and explanation has been wasted yet again on a moron, if the last line is anything to go by. I gave you a chance to redeem your earlier insane ramblings. Fail.

Two words: James Perch.

:lol:

And another thing, when I was screeching for Hatem's regular inclusion where were you? Absolute disgrace you've been and what with you having a picture of yourself with the little prince. :razz:

That's patent nonsense. I've said good things about the current regime going back months.

All you've done is follow the mainstream media narrtive slavishly regarding Pards and Ashley. If you want to congratulate yourself for that be my guest.

Apart from which you stood by Obertans for how many months??? :razz:

When Chez was bullying those of us who feared we'd sell Carroll back in December 2010, and we subsequently did and dropped down the league, we all largley had the good grace not to mention it to him too much, we left him to reshape his 'narrative'.

Every post from Chez since we beat West Brom has been dripping with self-congratulation and nose rubbing.

Long may he have reason to blow his own horn like.

:D

forgive me for thinking we have just achieved the ultimate possible for NUFC, if the reaction is anything to go by.

Actually, as we are now competing at the levels of the 2nd raters like Bolton, Stoke and Blackburn, it probably is.