***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

No amnesty until Sports Direct pay something for the advertising at the ground. He's still a cunt.
He's charging no interest on the loans man. I know the free advertising sticks in the throat, but it probably evens out.

Yeah fair one, but what happens when he comes to sell the club?....I know that would be an issue for any owner that has gone down the road he has, but the club isnt worth the money Ashley has put into it.There is a residual debt hanging around the club which he doesnt need to service the interest on so it suits him down to the ground. Llambias has said its about maximising any revenue stream possible, and theyre just not doing it. Were Virgin offered shirt and ground like he claimed a sponsor would be? Impossible to know but theyre lying through their fuckin teeth on this....again...

People were also predicting Sports Direct would be plastered across our shirts without getting paid for it too when Northern Rock cancelled the deal, however as we've seen money talks and now Virgin have the deal instead.

If a good offer comes in they will take it, I'm pretty sure of that.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me, I'm not looking for your respect. :lol:

I can take plenty and give it out as well. But what everyone is fucking sick of with you is your habit of making stuff up and attributing it to people. You've done it for years.

"More money" is simply the equivalent of backing the manager and is what you absolutely insist is the sign of a good chairman.

"Back the manager with unlimited funds" is what you accused me of saying. And you absolutely meant "unlimited" because you used to attach it to your "you'd think an accountant would know better" patter.

Now find the quote or shut the fuck up with your lies.

it's never too late to address the points I've made for years, which you have rubbished, and admit they have substance, although in my view they are bang on and the good season the club has had, is only going to accelerate that realisation among people.

Backing Souness with "more money" right to the end after spending what he had already spent, is what exactly ? Despite disagreeing with me when I had been saying for a long time that enough was enough for him, even though I am quite aware I say they should back the manager ? I also say that there comes a time when you either back or sack and quite firmly said that for him, that time had long gone.

Don't lie. Tell the truth.

If you want to bang on about "mistruths" etc, plenty of people have attributed comments to me that I have never made, its happening again now and has also happened with regard to non-football issues, for instance people saying I am a member of the BNP when I am not simply on account of supporting sensible immigration, Gejon saying I've been to the pub despite being told I have not [what sort of bloke thinks there is something wrong with going to the pub ?], the difference is it doesn't bother me and I don't whine about it or call for people to be banned.

You can engage in constructive debate with me whenever you like, it's up to you if you want to start doing that.

what is it that I'm supposed to have said ?

That splashing big money isnt always the way and that good deals can be found without doing so? and thats its been Newcastles way too often (to throw money at things)

I don't follow your misconceptions and misquotes, Fish take note. I have NEVER said that spending big money on players is the ONLY way to do things. As I said, you will NEVER find a post from me that says this, I have however always said that you will never get consistent high league positions, they will not be achieved by selling your best players and withholding the cash from your manager, and that is absolutely correct. It is how football is, and what has always been.

The point of the whole direction of this point JawD is that I am also saying this is what the club are doing, they have the money from the sale of Carroll and we could have 4th place nailed on by now if they had spent more of it, especially on a central defender and/or a left back. As things stand, these are the 2 areas that need to be strengthened most, while keeping ALL of our current best players, if the team is going to "progress". The club is in europe next season, it has or had the 14th biggest revenues in world football, and 25m quid from the sale of Carroll still sitting there to be used which is what any big or ambitious club would do to attempt to make this "progress". There is absolutely no excuse for selling any player this summer who is a big player that the manager wants to keep at the club ie for monetary reasons. Do you think this will happen or not ?

I really don't see what is difficult about this for people to comprehend, it's simple enough but it seems that only a small number of people grasp this point at the most.

LM, if you are 12th today and 11th tomorrow that is progress. If you are 12th today and 6th tomorrow that is better progress. Yes, they could have spent more and aimed higher. But they said after finishing last season, the target this season was for top half. Now, they have exceeded that, but their spend probably reflected that their aim was top half. They said for the following (next) it was then top 8. I assume this may be revisited now we are looking top 6. AP already said they were 2 years ahead of plan.

So, if their aim was top half that is still progress just not as fast as it seems you would like it. I am content with that (not thrilled, but content). Its progress, its building, its slower but seems to be more measured. The players seem to be scouted thoroughly to give less risk. The money is there, they could spend it now or later with less risk. I am ok with that so long as I see the progress which at the moment I can.

I get what you are saying, you have the money spend it now and progress faster. Show greater ambition.

No ambition would surely be to sustain and consolidate, float around just under midway? They do have ambition but it is a slower approach.

Btw, you were not misquoted by anyone, it was a direct copy and paste of something you said.

As for the do I think a player will be sold, I have said in a few posts now I do. I do think a main player (think Tiote or Ba etc) will be sold. I dont like it, I dont want it, but yes that is what I think will happen. Is it a lack of ambition? Only if they do not use the money. If they sell one for say £15M and bring in two £6M players giving the squad more depth and so long as the quality of those players is better than what we sell, I'll live with it begrudgingly. If they sell one (or more) and bring in lesser quality meaning the first team suffers then I will say it is a bad move.

Dont mistake me for someone who thinks MA only does good. I sit back and consider each point on their own merit. Not sit on one side of the fence no matter what. Of course I comprehend your point, but you need to see people have different ways of looking at things. Doesnt mean they are wrong just as they have a different opinion.

Leazes is single handedly destroying this message board.

its not really my fault that whenever I say something, about 20 people disagree and demand a reply, or just babble on about nothing in particular.

its not really my fault that whenever I say something, about 20 people disagree and demand a reply, or just babble on about nothing in particular.

it is though, the refusal of many on here to engage you in any sensible debate is directly attributable to your attitude to others and incessant hammering home off the need for EVERYONE to see that YOU are right.

It's beyond a parody now

That splashing big money isnt always the way and that good deals can be found without doing so? and thats its been Newcastles way too often (to throw money at things)

I don't follow your misconceptions and misquotes, Fish take note. I have NEVER said that spending big money on players is the ONLY way to do things. As I said, you will NEVER find a post from me that says this, I have however always said that you will never get consistent high league positions, they will not be achieved by selling your best players and withholding the cash from your manager, and that is absolutely correct. It is how football is, and what has always been.

The point of the whole direction of this point JawD is that I am also saying this is what the club are doing, they have the money from the sale of Carroll and we could have 4th place nailed on by now if they had spent more of it, especially on a central defender and/or a left back. As things stand, these are the 2 areas that need to be strengthened most, while keeping ALL of our current best players, if the team is going to "progress". The club is in europe next season, it has or had the 14th biggest revenues in world football, and 25m quid from the sale of Carroll still sitting there to be used which is what any big or ambitious club would do to attempt to make this "progress". There is absolutely no excuse for selling any player this summer who is a big player that the manager wants to keep at the club ie for monetary reasons. Do you think this will happen or not ?

I really don't see what is difficult about this for people to comprehend, it's simple enough but it seems that only a small number of people grasp this point at the most.

LM, if you are 12th today and 11th tomorrow that is progress. If you are 12th today and 6th tomorrow that is better progress. Yes, they could have spent more and aimed higher. But they said after finishing last season, the target this season was for top half. Now, they have exceeded that, but their spend probably reflected that their aim was top half. They said for the following (next) it was then top 8. I assume this may be revisited now we are looking top 6. AP already said they were 2 years ahead of plan.

So, if their aim was top half that is still progress just not as fast as it seems you would like it. I am content with that (not thrilled, but content). Its progress, its building, its slower but seems to be more measured. The players seem to be scouted thoroughly to give less risk. The money is there, they could spend it now or later with less risk. I am ok with that so long as I see the progress which at the moment I can.

I get what you are saying, you have the money spend it now and progress faster. Show greater ambition.

No ambition would surely be to sustain and consolidate, float around just under midway? They do have ambition but it is a slower approach.

Btw, you were not misquoted by anyone, it was a direct copy and paste of something you said.

As for the do I think a player will be sold, I have said in a few posts now I do. I do think a main player (think Tiote or Ba etc) will be sold. I dont like it, I dont want it, but yes that is what I think will happen. Is it a lack of ambition? Only if they do not use the money. If they sell one for say £15M and bring in two £6M players giving the squad more depth and so long as the quality of those players is better than what we sell, I'll live with it begrudgingly. If they sell one (or more) and bring in lesser quality meaning the first team suffers then I will say it is a bad move.

Dont mistake me for someone who thinks MA only does good. I sit back and consider each point on their own merit. Not sit on one side of the fence no matter what. Of course I comprehend your point, but you need to see people have different ways of looking at things. Doesnt mean they are wrong just as they have a different opinion.

I don't disagree with you at all. I'm just saying that I now think the club has come to what is in effect a brick wall and they will not attempt to go further. I've said for years this is what would happen and we have now reached that stage, albeit quicker than everybody though, even those who support Ashley.

The simple fact is, this season has been their title. They will see it as vindication of their methods, and more than they wanted. I'm not saying its right or wrong from their point of view and never have, just pointing out their limited ambitions.

The facts of football life, is if you want to challenge the big boys, you don't sell your best players and withhold the money from your managers. it is as clear as daylight that this is what they are going to do for as long as they own and run this football club.

it is though, the refusal of many on here to engage you in any sensible debate is directly attributable to your attitude to others and incessant hammering home off the need for EVERYONE to see that YOU are right.

It's beyond a parody now

I do engage sensible debate. What you are saying, is I ought to agree with them in order to avoid disagreement with the majority of people.

People were also predicting Sports Direct would be plastered across our shirts without getting paid for it too when Northern Rock cancelled the deal, however as we've seen money talks and now Virgin have the deal instead. If a good offer comes in they will take it, I'm pretty sure of that.

Looks like Virgin have taken over as shirt sponsors from Northern Rock, just as they have bought out the NR name from the government and rebranded it as Virgin Money. Northern Rock weren't stadium sponsors so how much has actually changed apart from a much redeuced fee payable by Virgin for the priveligde? We'll see what the summer brings, but we'll be called the Sports Direct Arena next season iyam, and thats just the way Mike likes it.

I know I sound churlish after the season we've had and I dont actually lie awake at night thinking about shit like this but it is important. No other major club which hasnt moved lock, stock and barrel to another stadium has done this. Its funny, I was a t my mate's 40th on Saturday night and his old man was there who was stadium manager at St Mary's whilst Pardew was manager at Southampton. He says he quite liked the bloke, but he was fuckin hard to work for. The word he used was perfectionist, which I really like the sound of. I know everything cant be perfect in life in general, it doesnt work like that. But these fuckers lie as easily as breathing and thats just not good enough.

Leazes man, you don't engage in sensible debate. Not really.

there are plenty of sensible comments by me in this thread. The only person who engages them is JawD.

People were also predicting Sports Direct would be plastered across our shirts without getting paid for it too when Northern Rock cancelled the deal, however as we've seen money talks and now Virgin have the deal instead. If a good offer comes in they will take it, I'm pretty sure of that.

Looks like Virgin have taken over as shirt sponsors from Northern Rock, just as they have bought out the NR name from the government and rebranded it as Virgin Money. Northern Rock weren't stadium sponsors so how much has actually changed apart from a much redeuced fee payable by Virgin for the priveligde? We'll see what the summer brings, but we'll be called the Sports Direct Arena next season iyam, and thats just the way Mike likes it.

I know I sound churlish after the season we've had and I dont actually lie awake at night thinking about shit like this but it is important. No other major club which hasnt moved lock, stock and barrel to another stadium has done this. Its funny, I was a t my mate's 40th on Saturday night and his old man was there who was stadium manager at St Mary's whilst Pardew was manager at Southampton. He says he quite liked the bloke, but he was fuckin hard to work for. The word he used was perfectionist, which I really like the sound of. I know everything cant be perfect in life in general, it doesnt work like that. But these fuckers lie as easily as breathing and thats just not good enough.

Reading some posts earlier made me wonder about this stadium naming thingy. I do wonder whether they're just setting a precedent for new owners to name it some way down the track. as a sweetener for a deal if you like. It's never made much sense to me otherwise tbh

Leazes man, you don't engage in sensible debate. Not really.

there are plenty of sensible comments by me in this thread. The only person who engages them is JawD.

Maybe so but I think they get lost in the main polemic. Which is a shame.

Believe me, I'm not looking for your respect. :lol:

I can take plenty and give it out as well. But what everyone is fucking sick of with you is your habit of making stuff up and attributing it to people. You've done it for years.

"More money" is simply the equivalent of backing the manager and is what you absolutely insist is the sign of a good chairman.

"Back the manager with unlimited funds" is what you accused me of saying. And you absolutely meant "unlimited" because you used to attach it to your "you'd think an accountant would know better" patter.

Now find the quote or shut the fuck up with your lies.

it's never too late to address the points I've made for years, which you have rubbished, and admit they have substance, although in my view they are bang on and the good season the club has had, is only going to accelerate that realisation among people.

Backing Souness with "more money" right to the end after spending what he had already spent, is what exactly ? Despite disagreeing with me when I had been saying for a long time that enough was enough for him, even though I am quite aware I say they should back the manager ? I also say that there comes a time when you either back or sack and quite firmly said that for him, that time had long gone.

Don't lie. Tell the truth.

If you want to bang on about "mistruths" etc, plenty of people have attributed comments to me that I have never made, its happening again now and has also happened with regard to non-football issues, for instance people saying I am a member of the BNP when I am not simply on account of supporting sensible immigration, Gejon saying I've been to the pub despite being told I have not [what sort of bloke thinks there is something wrong with going to the pub ?], the difference is it doesn't bother me and I don't whine about it or call for people to be banned.

You can engage in constructive debate with me whenever you like, it's up to you if you want to start doing that.

Still no sign of this quote. Get searching liar. While you're looking, see if you can find the bits where I said that they should still be throwing money at Sounness when it was apparent that he needed to be sacked.

Sounds like more bullshit to me and a sudden change of tack now that you've been asked to provide evidence of the "unlimited funds" stuff, but i'm happy to be proven wrong with some quotes.

Reading some posts earlier made me wonder about this stadium naming thingy. I do wonder whether they're just setting a precedent for new owners to name it some way down the track. as a sweetener for a deal if you like. It's never made much sense to me otherwise tbh

It was sold as "we're just doing it temporarily so potential sponsors can envisage how it would look and sound".....now am a sparky to trade, what I know about marketing can be written on a grain of sand. But even I dont need an example of how it will look and sound, I have just about enough grey matter to work it out for myself. He's pulling our collective pissers about this. But thats ok because of our strong finish to the season and very likely european qualification? not in my book its not. Llambias said he wants to maximise revenue streams, except where his boss's company is concerend. If Sports Direct were paying the going rate then it would piss me off but I'd just about accept it. This is just lies on top of lies.

As the two time heavyweight champion of the world once said - If I can change, and you can change, EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!!!!

I'm hearing. "Hearts on fire strong desire" with Sammy, Gemmill and Leazes Mag shaking hands.

It's speculation on what the terms of the deal are but looking back at the article by Luke Edwards at the time it says it only went through after Virgin agreed to the clubs demands, which doesn't sound like it's a straight takeover of the previous deal on the same terms.

I think Chelsea are another club that have come out and said they are looking to sell the naming rights for their stadium, the problem is that it's still a delicate subject to approach and I think sponsors are wary of the shit storm that could potentially follow which would be bad for their name.

I still think Virgin will take it up eventually.

As the two time heavyweight champion of the world once said - If I can change, and you can change, EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!!!!

I'm hearing. "Hearts on fire strong desire" with Sammy, Gemmill and Leazes Mag shaking hands.

:lol: He can't change man. He's like a geordie version of Paully.

Maybe so but I think they get lost in the main polemic. Which is a shame.

They do, it is my single handed crusade to get the board back where it was with good discussion and piss taking. Dont have to agree and piss taking is good, but not where we are now.

As it happens, I sat and read through the old toon-chat board from 2004 and some old TT posts from Gemmill and LM (fuck me they have been having a go at each other since at least 2004! :lol:) anyway, while Gemmill seemed to be saying Give souness a chance when he came and that he didnt think it was right people wanted him out before he stepped foot in the door, there is no comment at all about giving GS money to spend. The only comment I could fine was this :

Turd Ferguson - November 19, 2004 07:35 PM (GMT)

QUOTE (rikko @ Nov 19 2004, 07:26 PM)

QUOTE (djarla @ Nov 19 2004, 08:20 PM)

--Maybe it means he is NOT signing anyone this Jan!!!!

---Is (most likely) the correct answer.

----And rightly so if nobody of a suitable quality is available.

Which was him saying GS should not sign anyone for the sake of it.

Thing is that Reverend Leazes is again pedalling his message all over the place and not just in the one thread.

Leazes, please just spout your shit in here and let the rest of the board remain free of this boring boring boring fucking debate.