***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

All this moaning doesn't amount to much unless something can be done about it.

Nothing can.

As such, it's just moaning.

What's worse, is that it's the same moaning over and over again.

What can be gained by making the same point over and over again?

Not happy until everyone on the message board agrees?

Fine, hold a referendum/poll to see who agrees.

Then you'll end up finding out who's with 'your man' or 'the old regime'. What then? What can be done with finding out that 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% agree with you?

Still nothing can be done about it.

Tell me, what's the point in going over the same old ground again and again?

Otherwise, it's all just a fart in a strong seabreeze.

Edited by dbsweeney

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing can.

Then you'll end up finding out who's with 'your man' or 'the old regime'. What then? What can be done with finding out that 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% agree with you?

For me, it's never been about where people stand, it's always been about how they reflect their position.

I've no problem what-so-ever with those who hold a position counter to my own, as long as they abide by the simple rules of discourse... but people don't and that irks me.

Nothing can.

Whinging Poms tbh ;)

why on earth do you want to finish 7th every year ?

Ok, I'll try again: "If we were to consistently achieve 7th spot in the league, you'd be happy to consider that progress?"

permanent 7th place isn't really good enough, unless they are striving to do better , then I would consider it to progress. Which they won't. Does that answer you ?

If nobody else hold him accountable, I fucking will

I'm the Paxman of toontastic, the Roger Cook, the David Frost... I'll get to the bottom of this or I'll make him look an arse, either way, I win.

you won't. I'll win, because Mike Ashley will NEVER match the league positions of the previous regime, despite them being hopeless etc etc......because in essence he only wants to do it on the cheap which is impossible, I've been saying it since he bought the club, and I'm well ahead and I'm going to stay there.

I'm the Paxman of toontastic, the Roger Cook, the David Frost... I'll get to the bottom of this or I'll make him look an arse, either way, I win.

you won't. I'll win, because Mike Ashley will NEVER match the league positions of the previous regime, despite them being hopeless etc etc......because in essence he only wants to do it on the cheap which is impossible, I've been saying it since he bought the club, and I'm well ahead and I'm going to stay there.

Everyone knows he won't so why do you keep on with the same shit?? It would be virtually impossible to do it without a massive investment, the best way we can hope is like Spurs have but it will take a long time, its only our second season back in the premiership.

On a side note didn't you say Ashley would bring champions league?? Someone had your quote as their signature

Everyone knows he won't so why do you keep on with the same shit?? It would be virtually impossible to do it without a massive investment, the best way we can hope is like Spurs have but it will take a long time, its only our second season back in the premiership.

On a side note didn't you say Ashley would bring champions league?? Someone had your quote as their signature

Aye :)

He was very pro Ashley on Newcastle online before he reinvented himself here.

Aye :)

He was very pro Ashley on Newcastle online before he reinvented himself here.

NO don't ban pro-Ashley posters, silly boy :icon_lol:

permanent 7th place isn't really good enough, unless they are striving to do better , then I would consider it to progress. Which they won't. Does that answer you ?

I guess the point I'm driving at is that For the foreseeable future the top 4 positions are out of our reach (or anyone else bar Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal). I mean, sure, Spurs and Liverpool may flirt with the top table now and again, but those four will consistently occupy those positions and Spurs and Liverpool will run out of steam/money. Every single NUFC fan wants to be back in the Champions League, wants to be holding our own against Barcelona, wants the excruciating drama again. But even if Ashley backed Pardew with a war chest that is proportionate to the funds provided by H&S we couldn't assail that position.

I think this is the major problem; you're entire position is grounded on the assumption that it's the same game. It's quite simply not. H&S only had the financial behemoth that is Man U to contend with. Now it's Chelsea, Man City, etc. etc. In addition players are further from the paragons of loyalty and "home town lad done well" that you grew up with. I can count on one hand the number of players who make a move because of what their heart says. Everybody is a mercenary, everyone is out for themselves, sure they'll kiss the badge and provide the same tired old clichés about loving the club, I swear to God Lampard (Chewsee frew an' frew) would fuck off the minute the cheques stopped. How then can a club with modest means look to get a place at the top of the Premier League? We can't afford to throw huge wages at a gamble of Champions League (see what happened to Leeds), we can't afford to pay over the odds for players any more, look at the team that took us down. Big money signings on the whole. Owen, Martins, Duff, Coloccini, Enrique, Jonas, Nolan, Barton... all cost more than £5m.

The game has changed Leazes and not even H&S's strategy would have us on the top table and it would instead have us bankrupt sooner, rather than later.

I guess the point I'm driving at is that For the foreseeable future the top 4 positions are out of our reach (or anyone else bar Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal). I mean, sure, Spurs and Liverpool may flirt with the top table now and again, but those four will consistently occupy those positions and Spurs and Liverpool will run out of steam/money. Every single NUFC fan wants to be back in the Champions League, wants to be holding our own against Barcelona, wants the excruciating drama again. But even if Ashley backed Pardew with a war chest that is proportionate to the funds provided by H&S we couldn't assail that position.

I think this is the major problem; you're entire position is grounded on the assumption that it's the same game. It's quite simply not. H&S only had the financial behemoth that is Man U to contend with. Now it's Chelsea, Man City, etc. etc. In addition players are further from the paragons of loyalty and "home town lad done well" that you grew up with. I can count on one hand the number of players who make a move because of what their heart says. Everybody is a mercenary, everyone is out for themselves, sure they'll kiss the badge and provide the same tired old clichés about loving the club, I swear to God Lampard (Chewsee frew an' frew) would fuck off the minute the cheques stopped. How then can a club with modest means look to get a place at the top of the Premier League? We can't afford to throw huge wages at a gamble of Champions League (see what happened to Leeds), we can't afford to pay over the odds for players any more, look at the team that took us down. Big money signings on the whole. Owen, Martins, Duff, Coloccini, Enrique, Jonas, Nolan, Barton... all cost more than £5m.

The game has changed Leazes and not even H&S's strategy would have us on the top table and it would instead have us bankrupt sooner, rather than later.

wrong.

The previous regime had the global appeal of ManU and the bankrolling of Jack Walker to beat and compete against. The only thing that is different is there are now 2 teams bankrolled, instead of 1.

This is also NOT the reason why people wanted rid of the old regime. The reason was because they were considered to be "useless/had no planning/were embarrassing/appointed managers at the "wrong time" [delete as appropriate] and "anybody would do better than this".

People know this, but are moving the goalposts.

There is absolutely NO reason why any of this means that NUFC ought to be selling their best players and pocketing the cash, and not backing their managers.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that only one more club is being bankrolled, it has everything to do with showing the ambition to get in there and compete with the other big clubs, and acting like the big club that NUFC are, as suitable for a club that had the 14th biggest turnover in football when this man bought the football club.

Edited by LeazesMag

Comparing Jack Walker to Sheik Mansoor, Haha, priceless.

at the time, bonny lad, at the time. You're showing your ignorance. Jack Walker bought the title, as you don't appear to know this.

Edited by LeazesMag

at the time, bonny lad, at the time. You're showing your ignorance. Jack Walker bought the title, as you don't appear to know this.

Of course I know but was hardly on the scale of City. We finished 6th that season, so 7th this year won't be too bad don't you think??

Of course I know but was hardly on the scale of City. We finished 6th that season, so 7th this year won't be too bad don't you think??

read the post properly man.

I did, it reads like 95% of all your posts.

as I have said to you, your posts are so varied, interesting and knowledgeable deluded, its unreal

as I have said to you, your posts are so varied, interesting and knowledgeable deluded, its unreal

Deluded??

Finishing 7th? admitting players will get sold? Saying we can't compete financially with some clubs?

Which one of these, enlighten me o wise one

wrong.

The previous regime had the global appeal of ManU and the bankrolling of Jack Walker to beat and compete against. The only thing that is different is there are now 2 teams bankrolled, instead of 1.

This is also NOT the reason why people wanted rid of the old regime. The reason was because they were considered to be "useless/had no planning/were embarrassing/appointed managers at the "wrong time" [delete as appropriate] and "anybody would do better than this".

There is absolutely NO reason why any of this means that NUFC ought to be selling their best players and pocketing the cash, and not backing their managers.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that only one more club is being bankrolled, it has everything to do with showing the ambition to get in there and compete with the other big clubs, and acting like the big club that NUFC are, as suitable for a club that had the 14th biggest turnover in football when this man bought the football club.

Aye it's exactly the same, ignoring that the Champions League money has exploded out of all proportion and there's 4 lots of it that gets circulated to the point the same 4 are all but locked in and get it year on year. But yes, it's exactly the same.

:icon_lol:

wrong.

Aye it's exactly the same, ignoring that the Champions League money has exploded out of all proportion and there's 4 lots of it that gets circulated to the point the same 4 are all but locked in and get it year on year. But yes, it's exactly the same.

so tell me again, when exactly does the club with the 14th biggest revenues in football needs to stop selling their best players and pocketing the cash to be "self sufficient" ?

And what was your view of Mike Ashley before you revised it after the summer transfer window, as he didn't spend the cash from the Carroll sale and back his manager ?

Deluded??

Finishing 7th? admitting players will get sold? Saying we can't compete financially with some clubs?

Which one of these, enlighten me o wise one

who has finished 7th ? You and others said we were going to finish 4th a couple of months ago ?

wrong.

so tell me again, when exactly does the club with the 14th biggest revenues in football needs to stop selling their best players and pocketing the cash to be "self sufficient" ?

And what was your view of Mike Ashley before you revised it after the summer transfer window, as he didn't spend the cash from the Carroll sale and back his manager ?

You do realise your "14th biggest revenues in football", probably wouldn't get us into the top 25 or maybe even top 30 these days don't you.

Oh and we're not selling our best players (except for mega wonga) and we're not having our cash pocketted.

Edited by Toonpack

who has finished 7th ? You and others said we were going to finish 4th a couple of months ago ?

Leazes, I'm pretty sure that nobody has seriously said this. If you have quotes proving me wrong, please provide them, or stop falsely attributing positions to people. It makes trying to have a reasonable discussion with you impossible.

Leazes, I'm pretty sure that nobody has seriously said this. If you have quotes proving me wrong, please provide them, or stop falsely attributing positions to people. It makes trying to have a reasonable discussion with you impossible.

you ought to remind those poor deluded souls that think Mike Ashley will ever show ambition for this football club, who keep saying that I say we should be spending 300m quid like Man City to stop falsely attributing positions to people.

wrong.

You do realise your "14th biggest revenues in football", probably wouldn't get us into the top 25 or maybe even top 30 these days don't you.

Oh and we're not selling our best players (except for mega wonga) and we're not having our cash pocketted.

please remind me where the Carroll money has been handed to the manager to help him build on his core of best players in the way he sees fit, or where it is ?

Also please answer the question I asked, and tell us what your view was of Mike Ashley before you revised it after the summer deadline ?

How come a financial genius like Mike Ashley has been unable to improve the turnover and retain our best players and back our managers like the hopeless Fred did ? At what stage does a club like NUFC, one of the biggest in the country, stop selling its best players and pocketing the cash, like the Boltons, Blackburns etc of this world ?

Edited by LeazesMag