***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

who has finished 7th ? You and others said we were going to finish 4th a couple of months ago ?

:icon_lol:

Leazes, I'm pretty sure that nobody has seriously said this. If you have quotes proving me wrong, please provide them, or stop falsely attributing positions to people. It makes trying to have a reasonable discussion with you impossible.

you ought to remind those poor deluded souls that think Mike Ashley will ever show ambition for this football club, who keep saying that I say we should be spending 300m quid like Man City to stop falsely attributing positions to people.

Happy to, whenever I see someone doing that. But they're not. They're saying that you're obsessed with the way things were and haven't altered your expectations in line with the way football has changed.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What top players have we sold? Carroll? Who else? Tbf, Im no MA supporter, but for the Carroll situation, any team would have sold that player for that money. For the enrique situation see the Hamman situation. If a player wants to go, you sell them. Other than that, Im struggling what sets us as a selling club for what has already happened.

On the flip side, do I think we'd sell Krul, Tiote, Ba et al if a good offer came in? Yes.

who has finished 7th ? You and others said we were going to finish 4th a couple of months ago ?

Leazes, I'm pretty sure that nobody has seriously said this. If you have quotes proving me wrong, please provide them, or stop falsely attributing positions to people. It makes trying to have a reasonable discussion with you impossible.

you ought to remind those poor deluded souls that think Mike Ashley will ever show ambition for this football club, who keep saying that I say we should be spending 300m quid like Man City to stop falsely attributing positions to people.

Happy to, whenever I see someone doing that . But they're not. They're saying that you're obsessed with the way things were and haven't altered your expectations in line with the way football has changed.

it's been said/insinuated in this very thread man :icon_lol:

By the way, if you do some research - as you clearly don't realise either - success in football has ALWAYS been bought by some clubs, and as I stated, we had ManU and 1 bankrolled club to beat and made a decent attempt at it, the only difference is that there are now 2 bankrolled clubs. This has absolutely nothing to do with any reason NUFC have to sell their best players and pocket the cash rather than back their manager.

Edited by LeazesMag

Happy to, whenever I see someone doing that. But they're not. They're saying that you're obsessed with the way things were and haven't altered your expectations in line with the way football has changed.

it's been said/insinuated in this very thread man :icon_lol:

Where?

What top players have we sold? Carroll? Who else? Tbf, Im no MA supporter, but for the Carroll situation, any team would have sold that player for that money. For the enrique situation see the Hamman situation. If a player wants to go, you sell them. Other than that, Im struggling what sets us as a selling club for what has already happened.

On the flip side, do I think we'd sell Krul, Tiote, Ba et al if a good offer came in? Yes.

but will the money be pocketed again ?

Where is the cash from MIlner, Bassong, Given, to name a few others.......

You answer your own question by the way when you say we would sell Krul, Tiote and Ba. Why would they ? Why should they ? Should this decision not be left to the manager, who would then allocate the complete fee in the way he wants ? For the benefit of certain other people, THIS is how Spurs etc have operated in recent years, including telling Chelsea to fuck off when they asked about Modric, and also built on him by signing Parker [whatever we think of him it was the manager being allowed to manage] since Alan Sugar stopped running them in a "self sufficient" fashion ie when we trounced them year after year because we had real football people running the show.

Edited by LeazesMag

As opposed to typing alot and saying nothing like you two bellends. I'm quite happy with my contribution thanks very much.

you're another grey man. What I post is factual, knowledgeable and - as has been the case for a number of years - turn out to be exactly what happens.

It's piss easy man, the direction the club is taking is as obvious as night becomes day.

Fuck up with your 'grey man' bullshit. I've stated my opinion on this topic numerous times. Its been done.

What you post I would regard as opinion, if I'm being kind, drivel, if I'm being honest.

You openly stated just before that you'd be happy if the club finished in a EL position consistantly only if they were aiming for more. But you also have admitted that pushing for CL football is beyond us. Idiocy.

Fuck up with your 'grey man' bullshit. I've stated my opinion on this topic numerous times. Its been done.

What you post I would regard as opinion, if I'm being kind, drivel, if I'm being honest.

You openly stated just before that you'd be happy if the club finished in a EL position consistantly only if they were aiming for more. But you also have admitted that pushing for CL football is beyond us. Idiocy.

the clubs is setup and has the transfer policy of a selling club, not an ambitious big club. That is a fact, it may not be obvious yet to people who are either blind or know nothing, but it will become so, in time. For those who still need more time to see, that is.

but will the money be pocketed again ?

Where is the cash from MIlner, Bassong, Given, to name a few others.......

You answer your own question by the way when you say we would sell Krul, Tiote and Ba. Why would they ? Why should they ? Should this decision not be left to the manager, who would then allocate the complete fee in the way he wants ? For the benefit of certain other people, THIS is how Spurs etc have operated in recent years, including telling Chelsea to fuck off when they asked about Modric, and also built on him by signing Parker [whatever we think of him it was the manager being allowed to manage] since Alan Sugar stopped running them in a "self sufficient" fashion ie when we trounced them year after year because we had real football people running the show.

These "real football people" didn't leave the club in a very good state of affairs on or off the pitch.

What I don't get is that Leazes is entitled to his opinion and people are entitled to disagree with him. But neither are going to change the other's opinion so why bother arguing over the same points again and again?

Don't know about anyone else, but it's less about what he's saying and more about the way he positions himself.

he attributes positions to people, then doesn't back it up

He accuses people of pigeon holing him but can't show evidence

he refuses to answer a question directly

he demands people answer his questions, yet ignores the answers when they come

he repeats his position about this subject in every thread on the Newcastle forum, regardless of it's relevancy.

Like I said, I've no problem with people having different opinions, but I take issue with his style of posting.

What I don't get is that Leazes is entitled to his opinion and people are entitled to disagree with him. But neither are going to change the other's opinion so why bother arguing over the same points again and again?

T'is true, but the problem is Leazes takes someone's opinion, completely disregards it, and starts stating their opinion is what he says it is, usually something completely different to the originally stated opinion. Hard for folks not to bite at that.

Also it's a bit of a game, first person to get Leazes to answer a question, wins.

the clubs is setup and has the transfer policy of a selling club, not an ambitious big club. That is a fact, it may not be obvious yet to people who are either blind or know nothing, but it will become so, in time. For those who still need more time to see, that is.

You are muddled. That is your opinion. Your opinion can be supported by facts but it is not a fact in its own right.

Also, disregarding all that. Can I assume that from your point of view we are currently competing at the level you deem acceptable but you are disregarding it as acceptable because its not being done the way you want it to be done? What you want is for us to compete for EL qualification while spending lost of money on players.

You are muddled. That is your opinion. Your opinion can be supported by facts but it is not a fact in its own right.

Also, disregarding all that. Can I assume that from your point of view we are currently competing at the level you deem acceptable but you are disregarding it as acceptable because its not being done the way you want it to be done? What you want is for us to compete for EL qualification while spending lost of money on players.

I think, he doesn't want us to sign good free players like Ba, but he'd rather we spent a fortune of someone's money (a banks money even) on expensive shite like Luque, Boumsong and Owen (as examples), relative league position is irrelevant, we just need to spend money as that's all that counts.

Comparing Jack Walker to Sheik Mansoor, Haha, priceless.

at the time, bonny lad, at the time. You're showing your ignorance. Jack Walker bought the title, as you don't appear to know this.

Of course I know but was hardly on the scale of City. We finished 6th that season, so 7th this year won't be too bad don't you think??

read the post properly man.

I did, it reads like 95% of all your posts.

as I have said to you, your posts are so varied, interesting and knowledgeable deluded, its unreal

Deluded??

Finishing 7th? admitting players will get sold? Saying we can't compete financially with some clubs?

Which one of these, enlighten me o wise one

When did I say that?

The seasons not over yet but I think we are capable of finishing 7th, which would be progress

I think, he doesn't want us to sign good free players like Ba, but he'd rather we spent a fortune of someone's money (a banks money even) on expensive shite like Luque, Boumsong and Owen (as examples), relative league position is irrelevant, we just need to spend money as that's all that counts.

To be fair, I think he'd rather we did both.

Edit Sorry, I mean that he'd rather we found bargains and spend £10m on a player who seems worth it.

Edited by The Fish