***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you taking requests for new year resolutions at all, Leazes?

I don't know how much longer it is going to take some people for the penny to drop here.

Ref the title of this thread, the club is simply just not set up with the ambition and approach to achieve european football and sustain it and live up to what it ought to be doing. It is existing like Bolton did under Allardyce for instance, this particular approach lasts a year or two courtesy of having a manager who makes a particular system or approach work, but when he goes, it falls apart. This is what will happen to NUFC while it sells its best players and pockets the cash rather than back its managers.

Edited by LeazesMag

<p>

Sorry Leazes, but I've been watching this forum for a while now and have to say this:

I'd originally assumed you were a WUM, but ad time had gone by, I've come to the conclusion that you are serious. You haven't posted a single word that isn't utter bollocks and you are, by some distance the worst poster on Toontastic.

Furthermore, you come across a total and utter twat.

End of public service announcement.

join the ranks of the gullible, brainwashed and accepting the lower standards imposed by Mike Ashley.

Do you know where Newcastle Online is ?

It's got nothing to do with Ashley, this is about talking shite.

unfortunately, I've been accused of "talking shite" for over 4 years and everything I have said is all happening. Is your head in the clouds too, are you also being fooled by a few results courtesy of a good manager papering over the cracks, unable to see the bigger long term picture, the path you need to take if you want to be truly successful, and think NUFC are a small club that actually really should be acting like a 2nd rate small club, selling its best players and pocketing the cash instead of backing its managers ?

Tell me what you specifically disagree with, and I'll give you the facts.

Who appointed said good manager? Are you giving credit where it is due here?Also, why didn't you answer my question a couple of pages back?

<p>

Sorry Leazes, but I've been watching this forum for a while now and have to say this:

I'd originally assumed you were a WUM, but ad time had gone by, I've come to the conclusion that you are serious. You haven't posted a single word that isn't utter bollocks and you are, by some distance the worst poster on Toontastic.

join the ranks of the gullible, brainwashed and accepting the lower standards imposed by Mike Ashley.

unfortunately, I've been accused of "talking shite" for over 4 years and everything I have said is all happening. Is your head in the clouds too, are you also being fooled by a few results courtesy of a good manager papering over the cracks, unable to see the bigger long term picture, the path you need to take if you want to be truly successful, and think NUFC are a small club that actually really should be acting like a 2nd rate small club, selling its best players and pocketing the cash instead of backing its managers ?

Who appointed said good manager? Are you giving credit where it is due here?Also, why didn't you answer my question a couple of pages back?

I think you should be telling numerous people to answer mine.

I'm inundated with such requests, I can't answer all of them.

Oh, and most of the posters on N-O are sound , it's just the mods who are fuckwits.

you've just proved your opinion is pretty much not to be taken seriously.

<p>

I think you should be telling numerous people to answer mine.

I'm inundated with such requests, I can't answer all of them.

Maximum tedium mate. Sort it out.

Maximizing its income?? If I go and max out my credit cards, get a few bank loans and remortage my house is that maximizing my income or is it reckless spending?

That's what happend under Halls/Fred towards the end, although you will never admit the finances were in a very poor state.

Ashley is running the club within its means, not as exciting but that's how it is

you truly are a hopeless case.

You saying the finances were sound when Ashley bought the club?

I'm still waiting for you to show me where I said we would finish 4th

Maximizing its income?? If I go and max out my credit cards, get a few bank loans and remortage my house is that maximizing my income or is it reckless spending?

That's what happend under Halls/Fred towards the end, although you will never admit the finances were in a very poor state.

Ashley is running the club within its means, not as exciting but that's how it is

Outside Liverpool and Man U I can't remember many clubs being sold for more than we were. Amazing to think we were such a hopeless cause.

Outside Liverpool and Man U I can't remember many clubs being sold for more than we were. Amazing to think we were such a hopeless cause.

If Ashley had done his homework he wouldn't have bought the club, that's one of the reasons he runs it as he does.

If Ashley had done his homework he wouldn't have bought the club, that's one of the reasons he runs it as he does.

Based on what?

Based on what?

What was written at the time

Based on what?

Sourced from liars who also said

"We did the typical due diligence one would do on a public takeover. There is no sense that anyone has tried to mislead us."

..and he bought shares. Stock prices reflect the market value, based on submitted accounts, don't they? Otherwise Shepherd would be done for fraud.

Edited by Happy Face

Based on what?

I presume he's talking about not doing due diligence. Not a savvy move from a billionaire. He paid way over he odds for the club considering the level of debt it had. I'm not sure his transfer policy would be that different either way though tbh. And the fact he over paid doesn't really excuse Ashley from not spending more. He's still got a massive fortune. He could bankroll a more ambitious transfer policy if he really wanted to.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Based on what?

"We did the typical due diligence one would do on a public takeover. There is no sense that anyone has tried to mislead us."

..and he bought shares. Stock prices reflect the market value, based on submitted accounts, don't they? Otherwise Shepherd would be done for fraud.

Wasn't it common knowledge he didn't do due diligence? Sure there was a debate on here. Wasn't it also common knowledge our finances were in a pretty poor state?

Based on what?

I presume he's talking about not doing due diligence. Not a savvy move from a billionaire. He paid way over he odds for the club considering the level of debt it had. I'm not sure his transfer policy would be that different either way though tbh. And the fact he over paid doesn't really excuse Ashley from not spending more. He's still got a massive fortune. He could bankroll a more ambitious transfer policy if he really wanted to.

He knew about that debt. The market knew about the debt. Our shares still valued the club that high because it was manageable debt....at that time.

Ashley contradicted Mort to say due dilligence wasn't done, so he didn't know the debt had to be paid immediately. Which may be the case, but I don't think that would have changed his approach personally. In every bit of business he's done, he's preferred not to have long term payments in or out, he's preferred everything to be paid up front. With or without that clause I think he's have balanced the books early on.

Based on what?

Stock prices reflect what people are prepared to pay for the stock on the open market, the accounts purely reflect financial performance in a given year. When businesses change hands there's also usually an element inflated in the price based upon "goodwill" (a value that can't be defined exactly, customer loyalty etc etc).

The year previous to the sale the club spent £6 Million courting potential buyers and facilitating due dilligence (and attempting unsuccesfully to refinance) those who did look in detail, ran a mile. I would suggest it's fair to say that anyone else latterly doing the same "depth of look" would have done similar, based simply upon the existing evidence.

Based on what?

FT.

Stock prices reflect what people are prepared to pay for the stock on the open market, the accounts purely reflect financial performance in a given year. When businesses change hands there's also usually an element inflated in the price based upon "goodwill" (a value that can't be defined exactly, customer loyalty etc etc).

The year previous to the sale the club spent £6 Million courting potential buyers and facilitating due dilligence (and attempting unsuccesfully to refinance) those who did look in detail, ran a mile. I would suggest it's fair to say that anyone else latterly doing the same "depth of look" would have done similar, based simply upon the existing evidence.

One would have thought that the huge losses we like to highlight from Shepherd and the failure to find a buyer despite publicly courting several would have harmed the stock price to a greater degree. Of course the rumours of a buyout will inflate the price temporarily, but NUFC stock was steadily on the rise rise since 2002..

_44006795_newcas_utd_416gr.gif

One would have thought that the huge losses we like to highlight from Shepherd and the failure to find a buyer despite publicly courting several would have harmed the stock price to a greater degree. Of course the rumours of a buyout will inflate the price temporarily, but NUFC stock was steadily on the rise rise since 2002..

_44006795_newcas_utd_416gr.gif

I bought at 46p.