Bruce sacked.

Guest CabayeAye

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wonder what would have happened if he had kept his best players and not replaced them with cheaper inferior replacements ?

A warning there for those who think we are going down the right road....

As much as Ashley and Llambias need to get out of this city, I'd rather have Cabaye, Marveaux, Santon and Ba, than Carroll, Nolan, Barton and Enrique for differing reasons like. Those four that left brought in £46m and the four that came in cost £9m, and they're better players in my eyes. I don't think it's about the money spent or brought in but more to do with the ability of the players concerned.

Spot on tbh, although Santon over Enrique? I'd rather have both like ;)

Tell you what else like, stating the obvious to a degree but if Ashley leaving remains the priority in most peoples eyes, it's probably in our interests that the overall strategy remains in place as long as the banks aren't lending to prospective football club buyers anymore. ie if the only people that could potentially buy the club are people that have their own liquid cash to spend, who would look more attractive currently? Us perhaps starting to break even and looking competitive for it or clubs doing no better/worse than us running at big losses? The coaching/scouting infrastructure is probably the clubs best suit at the moment and an asset that would remain on transfer.

Ok, it's probably not something that would matter that much to an arab one way or another, but in the absence of a rockerfeller type buyer, they could well be factors that matter to anyone considering parting with £200 million+ of their own hard earned.

I'm not suggesting there shouldn't be more made available for players in certain instances as I think strategic/targeted resourcing is necessary (and theres no need for some decisions which you sense are still just totally bloody minded), but just in reference to the overall strategy, since it's implementation it's seen us push on so far in terms of football.

wonder what would have happened if he had kept his best players and not replaced them with cheaper inferior replacements ?

As much as Ashley and Llambias need to get out of this city, I'd rather have Cabaye, Marveaux, Santon and Ba, than Carroll, Nolan, Barton and Enrique for differing reasons like. Those four that left brought in £46m and the four that came in cost £9m, and they're better players in my eyes. I don't think it's about the money spent or brought in but more to do with the ability of the players concerned.

Spot on tbh, although Santon over Enrique? I'd rather have both like ;)

true that. just hope they start playing santon soon, presume he's fit to play?

How many has BA scored?

Cabaye won the league and played in the C.L. and was an integral part of that team

Tiote, another league winner

Colo, the best defender we have had in ages

Santon, Italy u21 international, similar to where Enrique was when we signed him

I think its time you started paying our players a bit of respect you moaning old windbag. Everyone is tired of your constant copy and paste Shite.

Bruce Arena being mentioned now, that's as difficult a word for a mackem to say as Reuben Agboola. 33/1 in the betting, would make sense and tick a lot of boxes with Short being yank himself.

Bruce Arena being mentioned now, that's as difficult a word for a mackem to say as Reuben Agboola. 33/1 in the betting, would make sense and tick a lot of boxes with Short being yank himself.

Hope he gets it. Brewce Arena is what they should rename the ground tbh. Or what we should call it if he does.

I don't think he has.

I have. What am I missing?

A chromosome.

That could be said about most of your fans aswell!

I'm quite realistic about my team to be fair. I'm no deluded. I didn't think we'd win the derby and I don't go into games thinking we'll win by a landslide victory either.

Thing is, you can't blame our fans for wanting more. We've had our yo-yo seasons and have firmly set ourselves in the premiership now. That's all mackems want. To think we are only bothered about finishing above you is frankly stupid. The majority of us couldn't care less. It's our own clubs progression we are bothered about.

And football wasnt invented in 1992 you know. Which unfortunately alot of Newcastle fans seem to think.

I applaud Pardew and your club for what you've done! But we are also allowed to want more and hope for better things!

I hear mags spouting that they are gonna win the league this season! If that's not delusion, I don't know what is!

"Formed in 1992"" Check.

"Spouting they are gonna win the league", Check.

I'm just waiting for "Smaller club with less history than <insert whichever club they're arselicking, here>" and I'll have a full house. (Which is more than them fuckers will have in a hurry).

I don't think he has.

I have. What am I missing?

A chromosome.

That could be said about most of your fans aswell!

I'm quite realistic about my team to be fair. I'm no deluded. I didn't think we'd win the derby and I don't go into games thinking we'll win by a landslide victory either.

Thing is, you can't blame our fans for wanting more. We've had our yo-yo seasons and have firmly set ourselves in the premiership now. That's all mackems want. To think we are only bothered about finishing above you is frankly stupid. The majority of us couldn't care less. It's our own clubs progression we are bothered about.

And football wasnt invented in 1992 you know. Which unfortunately alot of Newcastle fans seem to think.

I applaud Pardew and your club for what you've done! But we are also allowed to want more and hope for better things!

I hear mags spouting that they are gonna win the league this season! If that's not delusion, I don't know what is!

"Formed in 1992"" Check.

"Spouting they are gonna win the league", Check.

I'm just waiting for "Smaller club with less history than <insert whichever club they're arselicking, here>" and I'll have a full house. (Which is more than them fuckers will have in a hurry).

:D

http://www.sunderlan...ntentId=7.91045 feel free to put your views on this page.

Wouldn't want it to be O'Neil like. Although if it is you'd like to think he's due one that he just completely fucks up/fails to get to grips with.

See O'Neill though, he did well at Leicester, at Celtic his budget blew Rangers away yet still McPish won two SPL's during his reign including one treble, granted he did well, and well Villa he couldn't really take them that much further forward. I'd have no sleepless nights put it that way.

Spent silly money at Villa on players that hardly helped them progress beyond one or two Europa League runs.

I think Sunderland's squad is in a worse state than the Villa one he took over so it's one hell of a job for whoever gets it. They have no top flight striker at present which is their main concern. Bendtner only went there because of the Bruce connection, and isn't one for knuckling down or to rely on for consistency.

http://www.sunderlan...ntentId=7.91045 feel free to put your views on this page.

Wouldn't want it to be O'Neil like. Although if it is you'd like to think he's due one that he just completely fucks up/fails to get to grips with.

See O'Neill though, he did well at Leicester, at Celtic his budget blew Rangers away yet still McPish won two SPL's during his reign including one treble, granted he did well, and well Villa he couldn't really take them that much further forward. I'd have no sleepless nights put it that way.

Aye true enough. Plus you have to wonder budget wise what's available now Bruce has laid it on thick in the transfer market with limited return-might mean the next man comes in and receives a different brief altogether.

Man City.

Everton.

Norwich City.

Aston Villa.

Anyone think of any other clubs they've blatantly arselicked over the years in a desperate bid to be liked/noticed/taken seriously?

There was the "Liverpool/Justice for the 96" Mackem banners linked to on here ahead of their trip to Anfield this season. Don't think the game in any way coincided with Hillsborough commemorations or anything like that.

Lad at work reckons Brian McNally is claiming he has the name of the new manager but can't divulge it. Apparently it isn't one of the names being talked about, i.e. Hughes or O'Neill. Could be complete shite like but it would tie in with the likes of Bruce Arena. Would love it to be someone like that like.

Lad at work reckons Brian McNally is claiming he has the name of the new manager but can't divulge it. Apparently it isn't one of the names being talked about, i.e. Hughes or O'Neill. Could be complete shite like but it would tie in with the likes of Bruce Arena. Would love it to be someone like that like.

Tina Arena?