A game that André Villas-Boas could certainly do without losing is the first Newcastle will play since the death of former midfielder Gary Speed – a member of Sir Bobby Robson's famous "Blue Chip Brigade". "Everyone's a bit low," said Alan Pardew, the Newcastle manager, who will again be without Cheik Tioté. Arguably Pardew's best player – not to mention a midfielder much coveted by Chelsea – Tioté has been sidelined by knee trouble since late October but Newcastle remain hopeful that surgery can be avoided. Louise Taylor

Venue Sports Direct Arena

Tickets Sold out

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle v Chelsea

Page last updated at 18:19 GMT, Thursday, 1 December 2011

_55417636_mowbray.jpgBy Guy Mowbray

BBC Match of the Day commentator

Barclays Premier League

• Venue: Sports Direct Arena
  • Date: Saturday, 3 December
  • Kick-off: 1245 GMT
  • Coverage: Watch live on Sky Sports 2 and highlights on Match of the Day; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and local radio; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles

Edited by ewerk

The joke's wearing a bit thin again.. have you said anything even vaguely supportive of the IRA/Sinn Fein/Republicanism that I've missed or is Leazes just giving you this shit because you're Irish? Between this and him pretty much endorsing that awful woman on the train, can I ask what sort of other racist bilge do we have to endure before he's put back in his box? I know the policy here is laid back but as funny as patronising the mad cunt can be he's given far too much respect and leeway on here.

I've no idea where the IRA thing comes from, likely just an attempt by him to wind me up.

I've had a look at all the posts he has made today and every single one has been an effort to get a bite from someone. He adds nothing to the forum.

Anyway, I'm not continuing this any further. Leazes, you can try all you want but that's my last word on it.