The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think someone like David Silva, Sami Nasri, Balotelli, Aguero etc. track back that much either. Doesn't really seem to matter in the team picking since they all play at the same time, and they contribute to great attacking football, and isn't a good offense making up for lack of defense?

I don't think someone like David Silva, Sami Nasri, Balotelli, Aguero etc. track back that much either. Doesn't really seem to matter in the team picking since they all play at the same time, and they contribute to great attacking football, and isn't a good offense making up for lack of defense?

Have you ever watched football?

Because it doesn't sound like you have.

You're #1 on my hatelist now, cunterhead.

By lack of defense, I mean the defensive sacrifice of having good offensive players tracking back. I'm pretty sure I've got proof that none of those 4 players I mentioned tracks much back. A good offense is the best defense, haven't you heard?...fucking dumb fag.

Edited by Aeris

You're #1 on my hatelist now, cunterhead.

By lack of defense, I mean the defensive sacrifice of having good offensive players tracking back. I'm pretty sure I've got proof that none of those 4 players I mentioned tracks much back. A good offense is the best defense, haven't you heard?

All those players have the benefit of playing ahead of/alongside a better team than Ben Arfa has. If We had a full strength team and Ben Arfa were fully fit, I've no doubt he'd start.

So, be quiet, won't you please?

They've got at least half a team who's totally reluctant to defensive work, and you mean our team is so bad we can't even have one or two?...

Half a team?

This is how they lined up against Stoke as Eastlands (where you'd expect a very attacking line-up)

• 25 Hart
  • 02 Richards
  • 04 Kompany
  • 06 Lescott
  • 22 Clichy
  • 11 Johnson
  • 18 Barry
  • 19 Nasri
  • 21 Silva
  • 42 Y Toure
  • 16 Aguero

I count 7 players there who do defensive work, and you could argue that others contribute.

Now, in addition to the personnel, the way they're set up lends itself to greater freedom for the forwards. The way we're set up does not. We need Best and Jonas to work fucking hard to help the defensive players out.

Edited by The Fish

Players who are willing to track back are of course important in any team, no matter how talented. However, the ability to retain the ball in the midfield and relieve the pressure on the defence, is equally as important.

Players who are willing to track back are of course important in any team, no matter how talented. However, the ability to retain the ball in the midfield and relieve the pressure on the defence, is equally as important.

Absolutely, and I'd have a discussion as to why Ben Arfa should play on the wing to allow us (once we've won it), to retain and use the ball well. However, that wasn't Aeris' position.

What is the point of having loads of players willing and able to work defensively, if we have noone to retain and distribute the ball? Its like rolling something uphill..

Team of headless chickens.

:jesuswept:

What is the point of having loads of players willing and able to work defensively, if we have noone to retain and distribute the ball? Its like rolling something uphill..

Team of headless chickens.

:jesuswept:

point is, we can do with a more offensive style play, and it's not luxury just because we play 1 player who doesn't have a backtracking role. what the fuck... jesus wept when he heard about pardew...

Ben Arfa does track back and puts pressure on opponents. He won the ball vs Manure by closing down the defender (can't remember who) before he could release the ball, and that lead to an attack. He showed tenacity and a good work-rate against a top team, and it was his run during that game earnt us an undeserved penalty. Despite this, I'm sure people will keep promulgating unsubstantiated horseshit to the contrary, because after all, Ben Arfa may be the most talented player in our squad (although Ba is making a strong case for himself), but Leon Best and Obertit track back--this is of course ignoring that Obertit jogs around the pitch in a confused daze after losing possession for the ninth consecutive time during the first half, and does as little to alleviate pressure on our defence as possible. The best we can expect from Obertit, apart from the rare occasions that he actually does something constuctive with possession, is for him to lose possession in our opponent's half instead of ours.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

We've got Obertan's dribble and pass "precision" and non-ballwinning effort, Perch's man-marking-alzheimer, Best's 100% pure baffling juicelessness....and Hatem is on the bench as a luxury player.

Edited by Aeris

:lol: I honestly thought you couldn't make it up.

But you have.

A few games on the bench and you're saying like he's been outstanding for a few games then left out in the cold.

give him time and he'll be an important player for us

But you have.

A few games on the bench and you're saying like he's been outstanding for a few games then left out in the cold.

Who else in the squad has the ability to beat defenders and lay on chances for others, as HBA did for Ba against the league leaders? Who else in the squad has the ability to penetrate and stretch defences as HBA did against the defending champions of the PL? Let me help you by narrowing the options a little: IT'S NOT LEON BEST OR GARBIEL OBERTIT.

But you have.

Who else in the squad has the ability to beat defenders and lay on chances for others, as HBA did for Ba against the league leaders? Who else in the squad has the ability to penetrate and stretch defences as HBA did against the defending champions of the PL? Let me help you by narrowing the options a little: IT'S NOT LEON BEST OR GARBIEL OBERTIT.

Jonas.

What game are we playing?

I'm absolutely incensed now. All I've read the past few weeks is this tripe, "Ooh look at me, look at me: I'm the Fish, I'm so clever I use italics in my posts and I make points." Well, NO, I won't look at YOU, especially when YOU have refused to answer MY simple question. And I suppose you would adopt this attitude to those who stand on our borders and fling pigs' heads at our troops?

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Guest CabayeAye

Rubbish. He's a luxury we can't afford at the moment. Until he's fully up to speed, he is the best impact sub.

Total and utter bollocks.