The No. 10.

Park Life

I actually think Hansen is worse than Lawrenson...he really hasnt said anything insightful or interesting in 20 years, same old shit every fuckin week. "pace, power,skill"...he says it about somebody every time I see him.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a bit unsure of how Enriques pace would be a problem for hatem. Not to worry though, not 5 minutes into the match we were robbed off a blatant penalty because Jose couldnt keep up.

Hatems shirt was like a sail, and even though his delayed dive was a bit over the top, holding someones shirt like that is a no-go.

Enrique is a former sprinter and I`ve seen him get the better of most wingers in the league, the fact that HBA coming back after 15 months with a legbreak and out-accelerates him just makes my pants moist.

Im just happy everything seems to be clicking into place now. You have to give Alan credit for making HBA work harder, but at the same time I still think its a shame that obertan and raylor were preferred for a good 20 matches. I accept the sentiment that he wasnt fully match-fit ,but I do believe even at 70-80% he would have been a better option and probably would have nicked us another 4-5 points.

All speculation though. The thing with seasons going well is that us fans always seem to elevate our expectations a little bit higher for every victory. It is very tempting to ponder about 4th now, but I wont.

Its been a fantastic season no matter how it turns out.

Legitimate worries were forwarded during our poor spell in regards to the hoofing, this now seems to have been rectified.

Well done Pards.

Didnt CT advocate loaning Ben Arfa out?

He always seems to have it in for one player, now that HBA is out of the woods he has set his sights on Jonas :lol:

What is this weird fetish with ferguson, aside from looking like he could pull off a liquor store purchase with a fake ID - he hasnt shown me enough to convince me he is the next tony valencia.

He seems talented but so does a good few others currently warming the bench. I personally predict great things for Abeid with no basis at all, hopeful though.

Lawrenson's too cool for school act is ridiculous. If you're that fucking bored, then just retire you massive fruit.

:) quite ! . . and take your dubious double-collared shirts and your Liverpool-sponsored Jack Wolfskin jackets with ya y bouffanty bastard !

Link please Gem

Just to draw attention to the comment on The Guardian from a Liverpool fan about their woes - was a very good read:

"I feel Liverpool as a club, and we as the supporters, are done a great disservice with Hansen, Lawrenson, Souness and others acting as such influential pundits in the media:

(a) Rightly or wrongly they didn't like Benitez from the start, and took every opportunity to criticise the tactics, his signings, and his squabbling with the owners and Academy during his term;

(B) They championed the change to Hodgson (although Purslow is often seen as the culprit, Gerrard and Carragher's sway in that decision should never be forgotten) and led the cheers for Dalglish to get a full contract almost immediately after being made an interim appointment;

I have NEVER heard them admit what we all know: that no other manager could've won the Champions League with that 2005 squad; that the 2008/2009 league side was the best Liverpool have assembled in twenty years; that David Silva, or Dani Alves, or one or two other signings Benitez didn't have the funds to make might've brought the league title when Souness, Roy Evans and Houllier hadn't really got close.

I'm not saying a Benitez return is either sensible or feasible, but could we please just hear the 1980s 'Boot Room' admit their advocacy has not helped the club in the past three years.

I apologise for polluting a tactical discussion thread with an external issue, but it's really been grating me these past few days.

Again, well done to Newcastle."

He definately did but then again, how do you fall if someone is holding your shirt like that? It wont trip you, just slow you down while at the same enable the defender to close the gap.

He was denied a clear chance due to the shirt-holding, I thought the refs were quite strict on this rule.

edit: actually enrique does trip him without reaching the ball at the end, actually looks like that was the thing that tripped him over. Defo a pelanty.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

That's a pen.

Yes it is, also watch the Williamson header just before the head but icnident, Carragher is pulling Perch back by the shirt as he follows in.

We were lucky that Williamson didn't give away a pen when he bear hugged Carroll, definitely. It's probably a fair enough percentage play, cos he gets away with it far more than penalties get given for it, and it undoubtedly hampers the striker. Just depends whether the times he gets away with it are (necessarily because the referee would otherwise be required to act) the times when the ball wasn't headed towards that particular striker, in which case it's needlessly dangerous.

Edited by Gemmill

Stonewall pen, Ben Arfa dived but he was pulling his shirt equally as bad as Williamson pulled turners against the mackems.

Initially I did think it was a dive and it still might be a delayed one for the shirt-tugging, but look at enriques leg right before he falls. Nowhere near the ball for one thing.