The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asking him to play with his right is like asking Da vinci to paint the Mona Lisa holding the brush between his toes. Stop fucking moaning.

Yeah, was the same with Robert and the alternate with Solano. When their preferred foot is so damn good they barely need the other. Remember that outside of the right foot curler from Solano against Everton?

Asking him to play with his right is like asking Da vinci to paint the Mona Lisa holding the brush between his toes.

Obertan could do that. Blindfolded.

Fuck, i totally forgot that Obertan even played for us lol. My mood has just gotten much worse!

Asking him to play with his right is like asking Da vinci to paint the Mona Lisa holding the brush between his toes. Stop fucking moaning.

Yeah, was the same with Robert and the alternate with Solano. When their preferred foot is so damn good they barely need the other. Remember that outside of the right foot curler from Solano against Everton?

Wonderful goal. Robert scored a good goal vs Arsenal with his right, during the win at highbury.

You could see today that Ben Arfa knew Enrique would be trying to stop him going onto his left so the first thing he did when 1v1 was go past him on his right side

its like with Messi, most of the time he goes inside on his left foot but every know then he goes outside to mix it up and keep defenders guessing

You could see today that Ben Arfa knew Enrique would be trying to stop him going onto his left so the first thing he did when 1v1 was go past him on his right side

its like with Messi, most of the time he goes inside on his left foot but every know then he goes outside to mix it up and keep defenders guessing

Ben Arfa's explosive pace was too much for Enrique. He goes from 0 to 60 in no time. Over 100 yards I'd fancy Enrique over HBA but over that first 5-10 yards it was no contest. Enrique had a very ordinary game by his standards but most of that was down to Ben Arfa absolutely terrorising him. I'd like to think that's why he put his hand up to go in goal, because on the face of it you'd expect someone like Carragher to be the one.

Ben Arfa's touch is phenomenal at the moment, and he's not pushing things too much as well which is great. It's no surprise that after a run of a few games in the side he's really gelling with his teammates... makes you wonder what could have been earlier in the piece?

Pardew impresses me more and more. It looks like he's found a solution to the issues with HBA, and that has improved the team overall. That's the sign of a good manager for me, problem solving, not plugging away with the same thing that plainly doesn't work in the way a few managers we've had in the past have done (morning Sam, how's life at West Hahaham?) I think Pardew has improved a few players at the club this season, even seemingly Perch and Williamson.

Pardew impresses me more and more. It looks like he's found a solution to the issues with HBA, and that has improved the team overall. That's the sign of a good manager for me, problem solving, not plugging away with the same thing that plainly doesn't work in the way a few managers we've had in the past have done (morning Sam, how's life at West Hahaham?) I think Pardew has improved a few players at the club this season, even seemingly Perch and Williamson.

Agree, think Pardew has played the HBA situation perfectly, disciplined him to be playing how Pardew want's him to play and has now fashioned the team to accomodate him and maximise his undoubted talents.

HBA is now chasing and harrying and being a real threat going forward. I think Pardew has got him doing the things he wanted him to, to be able to be "happy" going 4-3-3

Ben arfa finally looks the player we can build our side around. Agree that pardew has played the man management of a potentially difficult player to deal with perfectly - a combination of public criticisms and compliments has resulted in a hungry player that has played his way into the side instead of sulking.

The front three now is the most exciting we've had in a while. All have pace, good movement off the ball, can create for each other and finish. Exciting times.

Whatever the reasons and whoever gets the credit, the team are now starting to play the way that we have all thought they should be able to play all season.

The problem we have now is Jonas. I love the 433 when it works like it is currently working and would not change any personnel out of the front 3 or midfield 3.

Having Tiote doing what he does and Cabaye and Guthrie playing the creative midfields roles, we are now really capable of creating chances from anywhere. While some of Cabayes passing was a touch off yesterday, the ideas were spot on and on another day would have led to a few more goals.

This only leaves the left back slot for Jonas?

Nice problem to have though.

Jonas excelled in cm in the previous game against WBA. He'll start ahead of Guthrie when everyone's fit.

He may well do but I think it would be harsh on Guthrie. Personally I think having Guthrie and Tiote sitting deeper with Cabaye supporting the front three is our best team.

Pardew also has to think about Guthries contract. If he can be convinced that there is first team football here for him then we might have a chance of getting him to sign.

As always the shadow of losing Tiote will hang over the next window and it would be terrible to lose Tiote and Guthrie.

Tough decisions ahead.

Whatever the reasons and whoever gets the credit, the team are now starting to play the way that we have all thought they should be able to play all season.

The problem we have now is Jonas. I love the 433 when it works like it is currently working and would not change any personnel out of the front 3 or midfield 3.

Having Tiote doing what he does and Cabaye and Guthrie playing the creative midfields roles, we are now really capable of creating chances from anywhere. While some of Cabayes passing was a touch off yesterday, the ideas were spot on and on another day would have led to a few more goals.

This only leaves the left back slot for Jonas?

Nice problem to have though.

You can forget about the left back slot for Guti. That's going to be Ferguson's for years to come. Same for left wing, Ferguson can play there too and he's miles better than Guti. And support striker? Forget that Guti, there's a new kid in town and his name's SHANE FERGUSON!

Ben Arfa created both goals to continue his recent good form.

“I was quite confident the penny would drop,” said Pardew. “I think now I could put him anywhere on the pitch and he’d know what to do.”

Taking him off just before the end yesterday to receive the deserved reception was another Pards masterstroke like.

Bit of lovin and 'feeling wanted' seem to be a big part of the ephiphany .

And in complete contrast to Dalglish, who timed his substitution of Carroll perfectly...for us.

Taking him off just before the end yesterday to receive the deserved reception was another Pards masterstroke like.

And in complete contrast to Dalglish, who timed his substitution of Carroll perfectly...for us.

I was surprised KD took AC off when he did. He must gave known what would happen etc. No wait, I'm not surprised...

There's a pretty good assessment of Liverpool's plight in the comments section of Pleat article about Ben Arfa. Written by a scouser who slates Hansen, Lawrenson and Sounness for their dislike of Benitez and their championing of Dalglish.

The negative side of having influential ex Liverpool pundits making their mouths go.

Edited by Gemmill

I was surprised KD took AC off when he did. He must gave known what would happen etc. No wait, I'm not surprised...

And I can just imagine the contrasts post match in their explainations to the players . KD going into the pseudo-surprise/open-mouthed wonderment cop-out along the lines of "it wasnae me pal" wheras I'm sure Pardew would fully explain his reasons . Maybe a bit cuddle even .

Re Gemill's point (and I know going on about media etc) but miserable Lawro on Match Of - got to a stage where their defence/attempted distraction of KD is actually surreal man . He was like a kid covering for his mate when collared by the headmaster . Blaming poor defending on Cisse's first ffs "it was (gulp) the defenders fault sir (gulp)" No mention of hls fantasy wank STEVIE G going missing either the slouched cunt .

There's a pretty good assessment of Liverpool's plight in the comments section of Pleat article about Ben Arfa. Written by a scouser who slates Hansen, Lawrenson and Sounness for their dislike of Benitez and their championing of Dalglish.

The negative side of having influential ex Liverpool pundits making their mouths go.

Link please Gem