36 years ago today.........

Christmas Tree

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as an aside...are you still having dizzy spells. if so when? the reason i ask is because i get them sometimes, the doc i've seen says that you can get them from having tiny crystals form in your inner ear and when they dislodge they cause your inner ear to feel like you are unbalanced/spinning.

Edited by tooner

I am, aye. Basically most of the time when I'm on my feet. It's a pain in the arse, but I don't have them to the point where I feel like I'm gonna fall over or anything like that. I was at the ENT consultants this morning actually, but he isn't sure that it's an ear thing. Obviously with having the pacemaker in recently, that muddies the water a bit, cos it could be a circulation thing.

He basically said to just see if it sorts itself out over time. If it doesn't, or if it gets worse, get back in touch with him and he'll recommend a decent neurologist to go and see. He did all the sort of neurological tests to satisfy himself that it wasn't anything serious. He said he'd sent me for an MRI to confirm that, but I can't have one cos of the pacemaker.

How's your back btw? Have you got an appointment with the consultant yet?

Also, worth seeing an osteopath if you're getting nowhere. My bro in law had no end of bother with his back, went to see the osteopath full of scepticism, and now thinks she's a witch doctor. This particular one is in N Shields. £50 for your first visit, £34 if you need to see her again.

I went to see an osteopath just after it first happened, eased the pain for a bit but it's just come straight back.

The doctor thinks I've got a slipped disc, so is going to send me for an MRI.

If it is that, I'll be going under the knife.

Happy Birthday Bianca xx

Good luck with the feeliing dizzy thing, I've been like that on and off since August. Like you, I don't feel dizzy to the point of falling over or the room spinning around....just sort of woozy, and only when I've been stood up for ages, it goes with rest! Really weird. Its not my ears, I've had them syringed. Its better than it was so I'm just hoping it goes on its own!

Happy Birthday Bianca xx

Good luck with the feeliing dizzy thing, I've been like that on and off since August. Like you, I don't feel dizzy to the point of falling over or the room spinning around....just sort of woozy, and only when I've been stood up for ages, it goes with rest! Really weird. Its not my ears, I've had them syringed. Its better than it was so I'm just hoping it goes on its own!

Hope yours sorts itself out too then! Pain in the arse, isn't it?! Although there's a lot worse things could happen.

Have you seen a cardiologist or anything like that, or is it nowt to do with that?

Jonny, hope they work out what it is and you get sorted sharpish!

And cheers Matt!

Happy Birthday Bianca xx

Hope yours sorts itself out too then! Pain in the arse, isn't it?! Although there's a lot worse things could happen.

Have you seen a cardiologist or anything like that, or is it nowt to do with that?

Jonny, hope they work out what it is and you get sorted sharpish!

And cheers Matt!

It is a pain in the arse :rolleyes: But I'm better than I was. I had so many tests last year when I was ill after I had that seizure, I just dont know. My BP was a little high but that's fine now but still have the dizzy spells so its not that. My doc is doing more blood tests soon as 3 months ago my thyroid results were borderline. Maybe its that!

Happy Birthday Bianca xx

Syringing's not going to help - it's the inner ear that is knackered (if it's an ear problem at all).

Last year I had dizzyness after flying back from Mexico. It was horrible, like you and Gemmill I wasn't exactly falling over but it made it hard to concentrate on anything else when I was standing. I went to my GPs and was told to wait it out which I did - it took nearly 4 months to completely resolve. The same thing happened this year when I got off the plane from America. Not as bad though and it's already gone thank God. Obviously long haul flights fuck with my inner ears, which makes me extremely reluctant to fly long haul again.

Anyway, happy birthday Gemma. Just been catching up - well done for facing this pace maker thing so bravely and commiserations congratulations on your marriage. :thumbup:

Cheers Renton. Good to hear that this stuff will just sort itself out in time! Pisser that you get it on long haul flights though. Pacemaker thing was genuinely a piece of piss - mainly cos the staff at North Tyneside General and Wansbeck were fucking brilliant.

Just between to Jesmond Dene House for tea. Had the tasting menu wot wot. Taxi back to North Shields. :lol:

Went there for the first time a couple of months ago for a wedding and it was very pretty.